Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question for SpaceTime Studios

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default Question for SpaceTime Studios

Hey, il start..

STS already said they are small company, but if you are small company that doesn't means you can't make your games popular. Its just pretty wierd why you guys don't post any videos on youtube or your facebook pages, those social media things can make game wayyyy popular! Your games is amazing guys, Im playing arcane legends very long time, and I can't go away from it! its just a big hype for me and I think for other players too, many players wants get something more in the game and many players can come in game if you will share your game in those social media (yt, fb and more..) Everyone will gonna say this is just mobile game.. no its not! Its more than mobile game! Im as a youtuber im trying to share this game too,
    many players back to game because they saw my videos (I don't talking only about me, many youtubers doing this thing too and I really appreciate what are they doing! <3) I just saying, I can't be silent at this point because this game can be wayyy popular! More then like in old times (Sorry for my english too =D) Love you STS <3

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TastyGoblin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's not about they can make it more popular, the game is just getting old. The game is more for hardcore players now, I know to level up from level 1-41/43 is easy but after that is about grinding the specific maps over and over. This game isn't fit for casual players I think. Someday, I'm sure they will stop the update of this one and move on to the new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

What o_O This is the reason why this game is good its hardcore we love it! they can update this game, because many players put a lot of work in it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

He means new players can't or (it will be hard) to adjust to the game at this point in the game. I agree with him the only way they catching up is by doing plat offers or buying plat. I still don't know get why Sts doesn't get this. They can't even keep veteran players happy.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TastyGoblin View Post
    What o_O This is the reason why this game is good its hardcore we love it! they can update this game, because many players put a lot of work in it.
    Some of players are casual player. When the cap was 41, it was easy to to reach cap even we have to grind the tombs. But now is a lot to do, awakening, leveling, artifact, etc. It's not hack and slash anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltag View Post
    Some of players are casual player. When the cap was 41, it was easy to to reach cap even we have to grind the tombs. But now is a lot to do, awakening, leveling, artifact, etc. It's not hack and slash anymore.
    I played in season 1 and I thought it was a hard to reach cap back then at 21 lmfao. Now so easy to lvl to 46.. Only takes me 2h no joke.

P.S: STS is not looking to expand their current fan-base for AL. They are focused on attempting to attract a new base of players though their new game which is not MMO as confirmed by Justg in several threads previously.

A lot of their resources are focused on that. I noticed that the dev come online everyday now and but has little interactions with the community here. I assume they are working for the development of the new game. ( Yes, I stalk the devs and regularly check what they are looking at/ activity)
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TastyGoblin View Post
    Hey, il start..

STS already said they are small company, but if you are small company that doesn't means you can't make your games popular. Its just pretty wierd why you guys don't post any videos on youtube or your facebook pages, those social media things can make game wayyyy popular! Your games is amazing guys, Im playing arcane legends very long time, and I can't go away from it! its just a big hype for me and I think for other players too, many players wants get something more in the game and many players can come in game if you will share your game in those social media (yt, fb and more..) Everyone will gonna say this is just mobile game.. no its not! Its more than mobile game! Im as a youtuber im trying to share this game too,
    many players back to game because they saw my videos (I don't talking only about me, many youtubers doing this thing too and I really appreciate what are they doing! <3) I just saying, I can't be silent at this point because this game can be wayyy popular! More then like in old times (Sorry for my english too =D) Love you STS <3

I agree with 99% of what you said...
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Yes they making new game, I really excisted too! but AL can be good as in old times too! We will see what they have for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Continental View Post
    I played in season 1 and I thought it was a hard to reach cap back then at 21 lmfao. Now so easy to lvl to 46.. Only takes me 2h no joke.

P.S: STS is not looking to expand their current fan-base for AL. They are focused on attempting to attract a new base of players though their new game which is not MMO as confirmed by Justg in several threads previously.

A lot of their resources are focused on that. I noticed that the dev come online everyday now and but has little interactions with the community here. I assume they are working for the development of the new game. ( Yes, I stalk the devs and regularly check what they are looking at/ activity)
    Level 1-46 easy indeed as you said, but after that is hell to level 66.

I'm curious too about their new game, what kind of non-MMO game that they are developing? I also hope they give some update to their call of champion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltag View Post
    Level 1-46 easy indeed as you said, but after that is hell to level 66.

I'm curious too about their new game, what kind of non-MMO game that they are developing? I also hope they give some update to their call of champion.
    Justg said more info soon. Who knows how long that is haha. I think the game will be released early 2018...just a guess but ( I could be wrong). We will find out I guess.
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks!

....To that end we are building a new game - a brand new type of game - one that's largely single-player, light, casual, driven by collection mechanics and social interaction as opposed to farming and trading... one that does not compete with our previous titles. This new game's business purpose is to bring more resources into the studio so we can put more into the games that we've given our hearts to! And, mostly for personal reasons, to continue our stewardship of some of the longest-running MMO games in history.

We'll have a lot more information coming up, but for now rest assured that our existing games will continue to run, and our intention is to keep making new content for AL to entertain and delight you.

Our new game may not be for all of you (it is casual, after all). But it's success will certainly benefit all of our old games as well.[/INDENT]

- g
    My take from this is:

1. Brand new type of game so prepare yourself for anything except MMO
    2. Largely single player ( me time yay)
    3. collection mechanics ( @Ydra gonna be very happy haha)
    4. Social interactions ( yay I love social interactions)
    5. Light and casual ( super chill vibes <3 )
    6. Less farming ( I personally don't like farming that much so this sounds like a game for me )
    7. No Trading ( I like trading but at least there will be less scams haha)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I have a feeling I will love the new game.A screenshot pls lol.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

What's the question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post

They can't even keep veteran players happy.

You are wrong.

I have played daily since 12-28-12, the only thing that makes me unhappy is some of the greediness I read in game or on the forum.
    Sts has done well, even through growing pains and bumps in the road, they still do their best to deliever one of the best moblie games.
    As far as new players starting out, I know of players who started from scratch whom never played AL before, who are just a few points away from LB. One of those players is in my guild, that player started out under 9 months ago. Players will achieve game goals at their level of motivation.

Thoughts from my happy, veteran mind (:

Cheers!
    Ava
    Last edited by Avaree; 09-18-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    My take from this is:

1. Brand new type of game so prepare yourself for anything except MMO
    2. Largely single player ( me time yay)
    3. collection mechanics ( @Ydra gonna be very happy haha)
    4. Social interactions ( yay I love social interactions)
    5. Light and casual ( super chill vibes <3 )
    6. Less farming ( I personally don't like farming that much so this sounds like a game for me )
    7. No Trading ( I like trading but at least there will be less scams haha)
    i just read that...interesting....very interesting
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

19. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

They can't even keep veteran players happy.
    Name:  al histry.PNG
Views: 663
Size:  1.05 MB

As you can see, I have been with AL for a while ( 4+ years ) and I am pretty happy.

Few months ago STS got so much hate from the community, people writing threads every week about no update or sky falling down and speculating AL will be shut down etc...

None of that happened and STS has persevered through that and right now, there are a lot less complains etc..

Don't get me wrong, STS does have some work to do but what they achieved so far is Incredible.

We always want more but don't appreciate what we already have...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Name:  al histry.PNG
Views: 663
Size:  1.05 MB

As you can see, I have been with AL for a while ( 4+ years ) and I am pretty happy.

Few months ago STS got so much hate from the community, people writing threads every week about no update or sky falling down and speculating AL will be shut down etc...

None of that happened and STS has persevered through that and right now, there are a lot less complains etc..

Don't get me wrong, STS does have some work to do but what they achieved so far is Incredible.

We always want more but don't appreciate what we already have...
    Ive been playing for +4 years plus too no big deal but there not that many veterans playing anymore like they used to be. Maybe they log in to say hello to a few friends but that's pretty much it(considering how much old gen players did for AL).
    Like I said IF they can't keep the majority of players they have now satisfied because I'm 99% sure they will not be able to attract new players at the rate they going with this game(we need to find an equal on F2p and p2w). No hate towards Sts just saying facts I know they a hard working company. I just hope this new game brings more revenue towards them for well thought out updates that can benefit the whole AL community.
    ~New players and veterans players should be considered equally important.~
    I remember cinco said new players should do the story guideline quests but I don't see much use. Ok they do the story guild line they get to lvl40-41 and do what ? It takes awhile for a person to know the mechanics of this game and without a good gold source you know that's a Rip.
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-18-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Ive been playing for +4 years plus too no big deal but there not that many veterans playing anymore like they used to be. Maybe they log in to say hello to a few friends but that's pretty much it(considering how much old gen players did for AL).
    Like I said IF they can't keep the majority of players they have now satisfied because I'm 99% sure they will not be able to attract new players at the rate they going with this game(we need to find an equal on F2p and p2w). No hate towards Sts just saying facts I know they a hard working company. I just hope this new game brings more revenue towards them for well thought out updates that can benefit the whole AL community.
    I remember cinco said new players should do the story guideline quests but I don't see much use. Ok they do the story guild line they get to lvl40-41 and do what ? It takes awhile for a person to know the mechanics of this game and without a good gold source you know that's a Rip.
    I have an idea

Would you want to do a start to finish guide? There are useful links in the playes guide that could be added in your guide
    Last edited by Avaree; 09-18-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

This is exactly the reason I stated a YouTube channel; I make guides for AL and reccomend new players to check out so they know what to do. I have a long way to go but I wanted to make it so new players don't quit once guy realize how hard it is to level after 50+ and making gold.

I am not planning to be super famous or anything just wanna help as many players as I can. People actually pm me and thank me because they can make 50k per day because of some of my content. It's not much gold for me but makes and motivates a lot of new players to keep farming xp and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I have an idea

Would you want to do a start to finish guide? There are useful links in the playes guide that could be added in your guide
    I am actually trying to do this but it's not working out very well rn for me due to busy schedule this time of the year.
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 09-18-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This is exactly the reason I stated a YouTube channel; I make guides for AL and reccomend new players to check out so they know what to do. I have a long way to go but I wanted to make it so new players don't quit once guy realize how hard it is to level after 50+ and making gold.

I am not planning to be super famous or anything just wanna help as many players as I can. People actually pm me and thank me because they can make 50k per day because of some of my content. It's not much gold for me but makes and motivates a lot of new players to keep farming xp and gold.

I am actually trying to do this but it's not working out very well rn for me due to busy schedule this time of the year.
    Nice to know you are doing this bro. 💯
    Some people think making videos and guides is easy Zzz
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-18-2017 at 05:45 PM.