Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No plat for lvl 36? No problem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Constructive feedback always welcome!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I concur with jazzblue on this one. Superstition. That's all. Just like saving them hostages in sy5 for better drops. Nonsense.

There's another aspect in it, too. Think of it from the software developer perspective. Choices:
    A) when determining the drop, check the containers in the level and see if they were opened or not, then put a bonus to the rng result.
    B) when determining the drop, just go with the rng result.

A cumbersome and stupid, B simpler and sensible. Gee, I wonder which would I go with...
    Last edited by Hullukko; 11-09-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typos
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    I concur with jazzblue on this one. Superstition. That's all. Just like saving them hostages in sy5 for better drops. Nonsense.

There's another aspect in it, too. Think of it from the software developer perspective. Choices:
    A) when determining the drop, check the containers in the level and see if they were opened or not, then put a bonus to the rng result.
    B) when determining the drop, just go with the rng result.

A cumbersome and stupid, B simpler and sensible. Gee, I wonder which would I go with...
    Agreed!

One thing I will add is, when OP post was made no one was running the SY2 then when alot agreed that this was the simpler way to getting to 36 skipping SY1 due to all the timed spawns.

Since running these it is also rumoured/a belief that running SY5 without boss is still a contender when trying to hit 36. Unsure how this has come about but seems pretty doubtful though I have not tested this myself so couldn't say for sure.

Pro's - Simple(can be done with eyes close - TESTED)/less resources used/FAST/chances of two certain spots for Slouch-SY Vanity (start/end)

Con's - Can get boring due to repetition (Not with the groups I put together though, funny!)/Bugs with spawns/mediocre drops

Overall - Have Capped 2 char now on my 3rd and the only way to go for me is SY2 (with/without boss)
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

actualy, one hour farming lvl 1, gives u. 2000 xp.with daily ech
    and 4 weeks ure done
    that lvl is soo easy that im playing a movie and play at the same time.
    but... does lvl cap worth it? im pl there was actualy give u dmg,armor, and set but here is only a vanity. ;(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

SL so far only has one lvl cap vanity. It should start getting more like PL and become it's own set. (Should look awesome since they are all different based on class)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Okay I'm testing out posting a picture. As a side note: It took me 29 non-plat grinding days to reach level 36.

Edit: Okay I copied the direct code from photobucket and tried to paste it in the url box in the picture option but it keeps saying invalid url. Anything I should do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBlue View Post
    I have yet to see any HARD evidence proving one way or the other that opening chests at any point in any run affects drops by the boss.

I've heard people have "supposedly" playtested this, but could no provide any evidence one way or the other when I asked them. Typically people that into testing the limits of the game will post significant findings here on the forums eventually. I have seen none of it pertaining to this myth.

Personal experience has shown for me, that either opening chests or doors, or not, does not affect end drops in any way. It's all controlled by RNG, and maybe a tweak here & there by the devs at times, but nothing more.

If anyone has real evidence showing this or any other myths (i.e. waving at boss, using the word rmk/remake/again in chat during the battle, etc.) to be true or false, please share.

Until I see some actual crunched numbers on it, I regard anything along these lines as 100% pure faux gold plated hooey with a saccharine core...

Again, my personal opinion. Regard or disregard at your own choice, but please don't flame. Not my intent to cause consternation. Constructive discussion always welcome. :-)
    yep could not agree more... everything is random chance and there is no specific thing or action that effects chance other than opening the chest or killing the boss. if you do not do either i can guarantee you get diddly squat nothing hehe...