Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is/was your favorite map area?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default What is/was your favorite map area?

With Nuri out for almost two months now, and Mt Fang eventually on the horizon, I was thinking about the good ole days and some of the players that aren't around any more....but then I thought about my favorite area (still!) of the game.

AO3.

Tough enemies for the level (especially pre-nerf).
    Cool maps.
    Victory Lap! And the crazy rushes that went with it, at least initially.
    In my opinion, the best looking gear so far (Cyber/Rift/Void/Cosmos)
    That punk Mynas and whether he would spawn right on top of your head or not, and give up a Sunblessed Scimi or Skull Shield to make your day.
    And even the Cyber quests, which could keep you occupied for quite a while. Would be nice if we could have a quest series for bonus armor that was tough to get in Nuri's (or Mt Fang, hint hint) on top of the regular/crafted armor.

So what are some of everyone's fave areas, past or present? And why?
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I haven't played for to long but my favorite so far is probably the alien oasis series. Not just a specific map but all of the parts. I love how detailed it is and the pyramids.. It's just awesome!

Shadow caves a close second. I love the environment and how it's all dark and scary but nothing really drops more of a "play for fun" type of map.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nourish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Im gonna have to go with the old forest haven, so many levels, bosses u met up with later(bromdandy), more quests for easy gear, and trolls in a bunch of the levels

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Sewers, it was casual, we had time, you could solo the whole thing, pinks dropped somewhat steadily and were't things you could make a fortune off of.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:459012
    Im gonna have to go with the old forest haven, so many levels, bosses u met up with later(bromdandy), more quests for easy gear, and trolls in a bunch of the levels

Yup, im starting to miss old FH more and more as time goes on lol

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I second ao3. It was a campaign ahead of its time, and we've yet to see one like it. Revolutionary (for PL) weapon sets and bosses, and it was the first time actual strategies were involved with defeating the bosses. Pre nerf it'd take us 20 mins to an hour to defeat the bosses, and it took a while for anyone to figure out how to defeat the overlord. It was the first time we got cinematic intros to each boss (gurgox's was my favorite) and the gear was super cool in that they were directly related to the bosses design wise (gurgox's eye as a shield was genius, overlord based armor, the mega blaster attack animation the same as the OL, king mynas' actual shield and sword, the overlord helmet, using the keepers actual staff)

The whole campaign just showed us that STS was not a company to sleep on, and it sky rocketed their game to a whole new level. Nothing but good things to say about Ao3. A grand finale to the oasis trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowz View Post
    I haven't played for to long but my favorite so far is probably the alien oasis series. Not just a specific map but all of the parts. I love how detailed it is and the pyramids.. It's just awesome!

Shadow caves a close second. I love the environment and how it's all dark and scary but nothing really drops more of a "play for fun" type of map.
    Shadow caves was a part of ao3 before it became a seperate purchase therefore just adding to the awesomeness that is the AO trilogy
    Last edited by RedRyder; 10-23-2011 at 04:54 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Roc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I jumping onto the AO3 bandwagon, which is justly formed . Loved pre-nerf bear pulls and the timing it took to survive an encounter with a yellow alien but post-nerf was still enjoyable. I'm also going to throw out there Frozen Nightmares because of the potlessness it requires.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

LE. I remember the day it came out being in love with it. I just loved the yeti's and design. Swamps is a close second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc:459025
    I'm also going to throw out there Frozen Nightmares because of the potlessness it requires.
    Good times doing the 1000 yeti pelts and snowballs, back when it was elite. Now 55-60s do the quests and complain. Wimps :P lol

If u didnt know u can use pots now there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I jumping onto the AO3 bandwagon, which is justly formed . Loved pre-nerf bear pulls and the timing it took to survive an encounter with a yellow alien but post-nerf was still enjoyable. I'm also going to throw out there Frozen Nightmares because of the potlessness it used to require .
    Fixed . pre nerf it was challenging in deed, even for 50 characters. The weapon designs were incredible too. The green ice craze was insane. I can still remember the grand feeling I had when I received a green ice bow a great campaign indeed. Even post nerf its pretty challenging, especially with the 1000 snowball and yeti fur quests (which I've yet to complete)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Roc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sewers is the best place I've ever been to in PL because its fun and easygoing when you are with right people and the boss are fun to fight and the crafted sets its the best from how it looks to the status.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

There's no need to explain that AO3 was the best formed and rounded map. All though, Forest Haven town is about the nicest taken care of.

-we

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

AO3 for sure. You'd exoect the campaigns to get better as they go, sadly that wasn't the case with Sewers and Nuri's. AO3 had new weapon/armour designs (not just re-painted ones), the drop rate meant you could actually get the item you wanted if you farmed it for a while, and the mob and boss designs were spectacular. Hopefully we see more of the same if Mt. Fang.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

AO3, Halloween content, Christmas content, and PVP
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Ao3 is the reason i am lvling my lvl 48 mage to 50- so i can just run those lvls forever.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Hard to beat a full victory lap run. It took teamwork and the right team to go through fast.

BS when it first came out and we were all lvl 50 was also fun and challenging to figure all the bosses out.

Nuri's also had alot of potential. I think the Nuris experience was lessened by the elixir craze.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I loved balefort castle, I remember the tomes quest 1024 chests with 50/50 chance to get o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Crush the keeper( ah good old keeper). The overlord - so much fun. Gurgox...nah hate that guy. And finally the catacombs - best map of all time! I still sometimes get on my bear, join a pug and show those lvl 48s and 51s how to crowd control.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Seems like a lot of people dug the AO3, with the Shadow Caves, Lost Expedition/FN and FH and Sewers mixed in.

What is telling is that I am not seeing a single person mention Nuri's so far. None of the bosses require any real kind of strategy other than the Snake Charmer
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I believe AO2 was the best when 45 was the cap. Rushing was still alive and well and there was a smaller community that basically everyone knew everyone. The were several add-ons to keep me trying for more! And the RUMORS... Omg were they crazy! We didn't have a HUGE forum community to test and prove anything. Instead we believed half of them and felt like idiots in the end...