Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: There is always a choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default There is always a choice

You don't need any background on me or how long I have played so I'm going to get directly to the matter at hand.

I'm going to start off by explaining what a democracy is and what the difference is from the mechanics of a business. A democracy "is a system of government in which the citizens use power directly or elect representatives from among themselves to form a governing body, such as a parliament.[1] Democracy is sometimes referred to as "rule of the majority".[2] Democracy is a system of processing conflicts in which outcomes depend on what participants do, but no single force controls what occurs and its outcomes."(Wikipedia)
    A business is a totally different system or organization in which there is generally a founder who delegates power to a group of individuals to complete work or services. At this organization the main goal is to provide a profitable place for their employees to thrive and create a service or sell a product that their constituents are happy with , and so by creates income so the employees can live a comfortable lifestyle.

Now that all the boring part of definitions is out of the way let me get to my first order of business.

In democracy and in business there are always people who disagree with the way things are handled or the laws that they are governed by. The simple fact of the matter is that in real life , which for me I live in a democracy, the only way to not live with The way things are handled is to move to a far away remote island. ( not really an option unfortunately)
    In the business aspect of my life, which arcane legends is a business and not a democracy, if I'm unhappy with the way things are going ,or dissatisfied with the product, I have more freedom in the matter. The only true way to not have to deal with my unhappiness ( which I am not dissatisfied with arcane legends, love the game and the sts staff) is to stop using their product.
    I guess my point here is with all the hatred and flaming going on in the real world , arcane legends is my safe haven , my release, my way of getting away to that far away island and coming on forum and reading hatred towards other players or hate and flaming towards sts, just really gets to me. We as a community of arcane legends are better than this , and we as human beings need to realize that by saying how bad we hate the way things are going and how he said she said , they did wasn't me ,rhetoric is not helping any matter by any means.
    Sts makes a product, a great one I might add, and as a commmunity we are the ones who push it to the top , not by being hateful or dissatisfied, it by being respectful and understanding.

You can take these words however you want but I'm right and the ones pushing the hateful propaganda are dead wrong. And I know for a fact I'm not the only sane one in the community who believes this to be true.
    One bad fruit can spoil the whole bunch, this is a fact not an opinion .

I'm not mad by any means , this is just my thoughts and some will disagree and some will agree,but if you look back up through my thread , you will see my point was made ,not through hate , but through my opinion without flaming or bashing anyone or any entity.
    The game is like the real world and most of the hate in these forums comes from those who have broken the rules and been punished , and in real life people who are breaking the rules will be punished as well.

I thank you for your time if you read this thread. I hope my point was clear and precise.
    Most of all I want to thank sts at this time...they have gotten me through some tough times in my life by creating a game in which they have poured their heart and soul into, by creating my safe haven, or umbrella from the hatred of the world or just an escape from the everyday grind of life

Thank you sts and the positive and insightful part of the whole al community, can't wait to see you in game
    Last edited by Twomucho; 09-20-2017 at 07:57 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

It's good to read a logical non flaming hate thread.

Can't argue with logic

Laugh it up fuzzball!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Masked For This Useful Post:

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Very mature approach to communication, and a good understanding of the difference between democracy (which we are not) and a business.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Good, then I will say: Nothing about this will change human behavior.

There will always be some humans who lie, some who complain because they dreamed their toe was stepped on, some who whine because they have learned this is how you get things, some who yell and scream because they feel like it, some who beg, some who bully because that is how they observe one becomes the big man on campus.

I think we can be better, but only if we stop rewarding all the complainers, whiners, liars, beggars, and bullies. Please use the ignore and report buttons. In RL, best you can do is confront and ignore and not reward the sycophants who want to be part of the bully's rule.

And of course: Think for yourself when someone yells "Fire!" in a crowded theater, because there will always be someone.

Star light, star bright...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Blessed are the meek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Well said