Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mage's Arcane Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Mage's Arcane Shield

Devs,... Can we (Mages) have our 15 seconds on Arcane Shield skill!? It's not fair when Warriors and Rogues have their defensive skills on time but we have a shield that can be broken in 3-5 secs so I'm wondering where is the balance here? Ah?!

Also we should have less mana like the other classes but more damage since we can't kill Warriors due to lack of damage and It's just endless and boring. This class is ruined as it is right now in PvP... A Curse that can be countered with a pet AA (TELL ME ABOUT ANY SKILL FROM OTHER CLASSES THAT CAN BE COUNTERED WITH A PET!), an "Arcane" Shield broken in 3-5 seconds, the MUST of using GALE to survive a bit longer (useless anyways, it's like use THESE or DIE, same skills for all or you're done, no diversity at all, sigh).

But anyways... All I'm asking is our 15 seconds on "Arcane" Shield.... Zzz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's hard to make every class be balanced to each other. Their role is different. When you feel your mage balance and be able to kill all class then rogue or warrior will ask balancing again and it's endless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltag View Post
    It's hard to make every class be balanced to each other. Their role is different. When you feel your mage balance and be able to kill all class then rogue or warrior will ask balancing again and it's endless.
    I feel you didn't read what I just said up there bro. But thanks for the great help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nea View Post
    This class is ruined as it is right now in PvP... A Curse that can be countered with a pet AA (TELL ME ABOUT ANY SKILL FROM OTHER CLASSES THAT CAN BE COUNTERED WITH A PET!), an "Arcane" Shield broken in 3-5 seconds
    Okay Curse can be countered with some Pets, unlike other skills. But is Curse the same as other skills? Tell me about any warrior or rogue's skill that reflects damage. STS has implemented these things logically. Yes Arcane Shield can be broken when a lot of damage is dealt on you, but then that is what tanks are for. As mage you do not need to go do melee. Its a ranged class. Hide behind a tank and use the shield when you need to go forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    Okay Curse can be countered with some Pets, unlike other skills. But is Curse the same as other skills? Tell me about any warrior or rogue's skill that reflects damage. STS has implemented these things logically. Yes Arcane Shield can be broken when a lot of damage is dealt on you, but then that is what tanks are for. As mage you do not need to go do melee. Its a ranged class. Hide behind a tank and use the shield when you need to go forward.
    Bro... Sadly there's no logic on your comment.
    "Tell me about any warrior or rogue's skill that reflects damage"...lol... Oh yeah, let me know when you want Life Giver for Rogues aka Endless Arrows (mana regen and HP) and Gale Skill for Warriors aka Immortality (for Armor buff). Pointless af, you have never touched a Mage! Curse was never OP but needed on team fights when you use Curse you lose skill damage since its damage depends on your enemies moves. This was the essense of the class since this WAS a "MAGE" after all.

"As mage you do not need to go do melee".. This is even worse than your previous "smart" sentence. Do you even know what's a "MAGE" without Gale skill now?! A dead corpse, its range is short. Lightning!? Short Range. Ice And Fireball?! Those are useless skills and a mess for PvP. The only good long range about this class!? Auto Attacks but guess what... ROGUES WILL DODGE ALL THOSE WITH THESE 95%+ DODGE.

"use the shield when you need to go forward.".. Lmao you made me laugh so much so far. Omg xD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I feel you didn't read what I just said up there bro. But thanks for the great help.
    Do you think warrior and rogue will remain silent if mage has 15s shield? I don't think so. It's always been an issue of any MMO about balancing class, since their role is different. In AL mage isn't doing good since 56 cap end. Use rogue or warrior in PvP and mage in PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

In relations to what level?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Mages can farm almost any Rouge at 61 with the right skills and gear. But I think the shield takes to long to deploy. Hate how Rouges one shot u before even the shield goes down just annoying af.
    *those who are going to reply with the use the shield earlier* there's only a 2sec invulnerability!! Huge difference from becoming food
    And nah fireball and ice aint useless.
    Also lightning is an OP skill for mage dude fym(I'm a mage)
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-25-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Devs,... Can we (Mages) have our 15 seconds on Arcane Shield skill!? It's not fair when Warriors and Rogues have their defensive skills on time but we have a shield that can be broken in 3-5 secs so I'm wondering where is the balance here? Ah?!

Also we should have less mana like the other classes but more damage since we can't kill Warriors due to lack of damage and It's just endless and boring. This class is ruined as it is right now in PvP... A Curse that can be countered with a pet AA (TELL ME ABOUT ANY SKILL FROM OTHER CLASSES THAT CAN BE COUNTERED WITH A PET!), an "Arcane" Shield broken in 3-5 seconds, the MUST of using GALE to survive a bit longer (useless anyways, it's like use THESE or DIE, same skills for all or you're done, no diversity at all, sigh).

But anyways... All I'm asking is our 15 seconds on "Arcane" Shield.... Zzz
    trust me iv tried to ask for the same thing but what happens is the op 70crit 4k armor 3.5k dmg rogues show up on the thread talkin bout woooah is me mage is so op and how they dont need any buffs. although it would be nice if sts would look at how OP rogues have become. mages are basically only used for mana...barely since enough mishis can keep mana up...

imo fireball should reduce dodge chance instead of hitchance by at LEAST 50% since rogues are at 100% dodge.

curse should be a cloud that move about the battlefield for a few moments like the proc of the glintstone staffs.this way a simple pet aa does not completely eliminate an entire skill.(imagine if we had a pet that removed jug or a pet that eleminates aimed shot)

and the biggin. why does our shield need rely on str aswell as int?if anything it should only rely on our int and it should not be able to be popped so quickly. i feel that during the 2secs of invulnerability it is already taking dmg towards breaking.that is why after the 2 secs its almost instant pop. our shields should last the entire duration at least remove the max dmg absorbed and let it last the duration specified on the skills tab.

lightning should have a higher chance at spreading out. and instead of the proc on death it should be on hit.(15% uncharged 20% charged)

lastly i feel like sorcs range needs a huge upgrade.. our lightningbolts are fine but everything else seems super short. even our autos have poo range.

these are just my thoughts. i doubt they will ever happen.

p.s iv played a rogue for a while before and needless to say it is extremly easy to spam aimed shot from a distance and kill everything in sight.i kno both classes very well. no i dont not wanna play a rogue as i love mages.
    Last edited by Spell; 09-25-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    Mages can farm almost any Rouge at 61 with the right skills and gear. But I think the shield takes to long to deploy. Hate how Rouges one shot u before even the shield goes down just annoying af.
    *those who are going to reply with the use the shield earlier* there's only a 2sec invulnerability!! Huge difference from becoming food
    And nah fireball and ice aint useless.
    Also lightning is an OP skill for mage dude fym(I'm a mage)
    What are you talking about? Ah!? Mages are the worst class in PvP, in this game, doesn't matter your opinion coming from farming noobs. "I'm mage"... Yea I farmed a lot of food mages, if you played for long you might be one of them, I know more about this class than you will ever know in your entire life "FYI".
    Try to pass first grade at school before you come here talking stuff you don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    trust me iv tried to ask for the same thing but what happens is the op 70crit 4k armor 3.5k dmg rogues show up on the thread talkin bout woooah is me mage is so op and how they dont need any buffs. although it would be nice if sts would look at how OP rogues have become. mages are basically only used for mana...barely since enough mishis can keep mana up...

imo fireball should reduce dodge chance instead of hitchance by at LEAST 50% since rogues are at 100% dodge.

curse should be a cloud that move about the battlefield for a few moments like the proc of the glintstone staffs.this way a simple pet aa does not completely eliminate an entire skill.(imagine if we had a pet that removed jug or a pet that eleminates aimed shot)

and the biggin. why does our shield need rely on str aswell as int?if anything it should only rely on our int and it should not be able to be popped so quickly. i feel that during the 2secs of invulnerability it is already taking dmg towards breaking.that is why after the 2 secs its almost instant pop. our shields should last the entire duration at least remove the max dmg absorbed and let it last the duration specified on the skills tab.

lightning should have a higher chance at spreading out. and instead of the proc on death it should be on hit.(15% uncharged 20% charged)

lastly i feel like sorcs range needs a huge upgrade.. our lightningbolts are fine but everything else seems super short. even our autos have poo range.

these are just my thoughts. i doubt they will ever happen.

p.s iv played a rogue for a while before and needless to say it is extremly easy to spam aimed shot from a distance and kill everything in sight.i kno both classes very well. no i dont not wanna play a rogue as i love mages.
    Sadly we can't do anything. This community is corrupted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sadly we can't do anything. This community is corrupted.
    Lol, how do you blame the community when the developer did it. You're the part of the community too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

What are you talking about? Ah!? Mages are the worst class in PvP, in this game, doesn't matter your opinion coming from farming noobs. "I'm mage"... Yea I farmed a lot of food mages, if you played for long you might be one of them, I know more about this class than you will ever know in your entire life "FYI".
    Try to pass first grade at school before you come here talking stuff you don't know.
    You wanted feedback?
    Then u get mad lol
    Just come to 61 and stop crying bud.
    If u want to see a pro mage in action you should checkout Runagain. One best mages(63 brack) atm you should see how he plays
    Man I haven't seen u in PvP since I caught u dummy farming in troll Forest Lol...
    I remember you always join my team at 61 ahhh you were smart by doing that
    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-25-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

My shield lasts for 15 sec. You should know how and when to use gale. Plus, you should reconsider your build. No rogue could beat my mage so far that means mage is the best class with right timing and build.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to devilMors For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You wanted feedback?
    Then u get mad lol
    Just come to 61 and stop crying bud.
    If u want to see a pro mage in action you should checkout Runagain. One best mages(63 brack) atm you should see how he plays
    Man I haven't seen u in PvP since I caught u dummy farming in troll Forest Lol...
    I remember you always join my team at 61 ahhh you were smart by doing that
    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    1. Didn't ask for feedback.
    2. You can ask Runagain how many times I've beaten him in duel and clashes, I'm 100% sure he won't lie about that unless you, coming with bs lies saying I'm dummy farmer, you should check my KDR (22k Kills and 18k deaths) then see by yourself if I'm dummy farmer, liar prepubescent kid. And yea, 100% sure you are one of those triggered about how many times I've made them leave the map.
    3. Never needed to be aside with a food. What's the next lie BTW? That you are my brother or something?! FYI I don't even know you and I don't give a F about who you are either.

https://youtu.be/E7Vy7gTf9Lg Check out Nav here then ask yourself again if I'm dummy farmer, liar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    My shield lasts for 15 sec. You should know how and when to use gale. Plus, you should reconsider your build. No rogue could beat my mage so far that means mage is the best class with right timing and build.
    You should reconsider what Rogues are you dealing with. Because It's easy to farm someone with 50k- worth gear. Don't come here telling me about how to play when last time you said "beat me on a team and I quit", I've made it x100 and now I know you are still playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Close thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

#BlueLivesMatter

The arcane shield formula prioritizing strength stat was as of 5/7/2013. It really should be revisited.

In regards to pet AA removing curse, was Glowstik shield made as a PvE response to PvE mage curse pwning people too fast and resulting crying on forums? Which unfortunately had a negative impact on mage PvP.
    Last edited by Azebor; 09-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    Whats your ign bro.
    Btw nealle aka masterdatsboy you mad or nah?Ik u aint gonna man up to dummy farming anyways I can careless if u happy to have a fake kdr that's all good. Hope I see u soon in 61
    Just learn to play your class and u won't have any issues. I had the same concern to get mages a bit buff but tbh they pretty op atm
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-25-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Whats your ign bro.
    Btw nealle aka masterdatsboy you mad or nah?Ik u aint gonna man up to dummy farming anyways I can careless if u happy to have a fake kdr that's all good. Hope I see u soon in 61
    Just learn to play your class and u won't have any issues. I had the same concern to get mages a bit buff but tbh they pretty op atm
    Look at how retarded you are. Saying I'm another person.
    I was Neasaquva before, now Nav. Now you can go away since I'm not that person, as always you talking when you don't know anything.