Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mage's Arcane Shield

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nea View Post
    Look at how retarded you are. Saying I'm another person.
    I was Neasaquva before, now Nav. Now you can go away since I'm not that person, as always you talking when you don't know anything.
    Thought it was short for nealle
    Ahah
    Mages still don't need a buff tho 😅
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 09-25-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Sure, sure, whatever you say. Get the rogue class this vanity aura and its a deal.
    Name:  IMG_20170921_011531_492.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  98.4 KB

Do you get it? You have a kershal aura vanity weapon...I have no existing aura vanity weapon for my class. Life isn't fair. Even in Arlor. It never has been.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-25-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Sure, sure, whatever you say. Get the rogue class this vanity aura and its a deal.
    Name:  IMG_20170921_011531_492.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  98.4 KB

Do you get it? You have a kershal aura vanity weapon...I have no existing aura vanity weapon for my class. Life isn't fair. Even in Arlor. It never has been.
    someone plz give the rogue a dam aura lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

You can bring any of rogues to vs me. I beat even arc artifact rogues. As I said, you should know the method and right timing and build. I can help you for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    You can bring any of rogues to vs me. I beat even arc artifact rogues. As I said, you should know the method and right timing and build. I can help you for that
    Challenge that Goth.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boltag For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Mage's Arcane Shield

to me, it all depends on awakes. in my entire life in 43s, only I was the sorc with 3k armor if i wear my armor set and I find it very easy to farm both rogues and mage even tanks. it came to a point i dont even need to use nek aa and instead use toxy. that armor buff for gale is one of the best ever created by devs. my advice is take int/armor awakes. all stat% from weapon and fixed armor value for the rest of your items are the best. if you feel like you need more dmg then take some more int% from other items. like I did on my mythic amulet.

PS. I wanted 1 more amulet to max out my armor but meh, i dont wanna have my guildies go through that 12 agonizing days of doing planar quests just so i can get another amulet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callmepayne; 09-25-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callmepayne View Post
    to me, it all depends on awakes. in my entire life in 43s, only I was the sorc with 3k armor if i wear my armor set and I find it very easy to farm both rogues and mage even tanks. it came to a point i dont even need to use nek aa and instead use toxy. that armor buff for gale is one of the best ever created by devs. my advice is take int/armor awakes. all stat% from weapon and fixed armor value for the rest of your items are the best. if you feel like you need more dmg then take some more int% from other items. like I did on my mythic amulet.

PS. I wanted 1 more amulet to max out my armor but meh, i dont wanna have my guildies go through that 12 agonizing days of doing planar quests just so i can get another amulet.

"43"........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    Thought it was short for nealle
    Ahah
    Mages still don't need a buff tho ��
    Hey there minitun , and yes I agree that mages need buff, there was only one solid mage at 43, and that’s not a good number, and also , all we’re asking for is our skill to work for the duration it’s designed to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    Hey there minitun , and yes I agree that mages need buff, there was only one solid mage at 43, and that’s not a good number, and also , all we’re asking for is our skill to work for the duration it’s designed to
    dude, i know what you're trying to point out but here's the thing, if they fixed sorc's shield, they should also fix rogue's aimed shot. only 1 aimed shot armor debuff stacks even though it was supposed to be 3 at max if you're fast enough. it used to stack along with pets back then.

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nikool99 View Post
    "43"........
    what about 43? rofl. 41-43s is one of the best brackets imho. you get to use all skills, not just gale and lightning, absolutely not like how it is in endgame. even rogues use nox and razor, tanks can choose to use vb with arc maul lv31 or jug with bulwark in clashes. if endgame didnt have speed sets, i would have went a long time ago but meh. that speed set ruined pvp. how would you like to use curse and kill 1-2 players and then have them revive and fly back in with speed sets less than 5 seconds while your curse, shields and heals are still on cool down or vb and jugg??

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I wonder who this guy is.

I never seen a mage kill a good rogue or tank in 43.

Won't believe it 'til I see it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

hi i lov smurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

#BlueLivesMater
    #TheMovment
    I agree with you that shield needs a bit of work done
    Was thinking instead of Int/Str formula let it be plainly on int dependent. It's a magical shield after all.This will give room to be able to focus more on crit/damage.Just my opinion.
    #BlueLivesMater

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    #BlueLivesMater
    #TheMovment
    I agree with you that shield needs a bit of work done
    Was thinking instead of Int/Str formula let it be plainly on int dependent. It's a magical shield after all.This will give room to be able to focus more on crit/damage.Just my opinion.
    i second to this.

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Talking about mage skill "gale" is useful why cant it be like warrior arcane sword pulls mobs inwards and then snare/stun them rather than blow outwards spreading the mobs everywhere?

"Lightning" is a electrical bolt of electricity and why stun is by low chance in %? i agree in the post in front the AOE spread % should be higher even old arcane maul stun have higher stun frequency and AOE chance.
    Last edited by will0; 09-26-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

what about 43? rofl. 41-43s is one of the best brackets imho. you get to use all skills, not just gale and lightning, absolutely not like how it is in endgame. even rogues use nox and razor, tanks can choose to use vb with arc maul lv31 or jug with bulwark in clashes. if endgame didnt have speed sets, i would have went a long time ago but meh. that speed set ruined pvp. how would you like to use curse and kill 1-2 players and then have them revive and fly back in with speed sets less than 5 seconds while your curse, shields and heals are still on cool down or vb and jugg??

You answered your own question here now dude...what about 43? WE ARE IN 61 AND 66 END GAME NOW...TIME IS RUNNING EVERYTHING IS CHANGING DUDE....ppl like to move on and try new stuff not to be stuck in 43 bracket in there whole life....yes speed set is here...but we gotta deal with it now...not to whine and stay in outleveled bracket...people wanna try enjoy new stuff you know.....the point of this thread btw is to find balance for mage arcane shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Let's calculate how much the shield absorbs in practice. To quote developer Samhayne's post 5/8/2013 in the sorcerer forum: "Without upgrade to time + extra damage: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

With upgrade to time + extra damage: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5) plus the shield lasts an extra 5 seconds."

The "upgrade" Samhayne mentions is the "Extended Shield" upgrade that increases the amount of damage absorbed by 15% (3*15%=.45 which is rounded to .5 in the formula above.) Now we have Shield Mastery which also increases the amount of damage absorbed by 15%. So if we assume it adds another .5 to the formula we get:
    With upgrade to time + extra damage+mastery: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*4.0).

So lets assume a geared lvl 66 mage has 1,200 INT and 400 STR. The maximum reduced damage absorbed would be (((2x400)+1200)*4.0) = 8,000. However, a charged arcane shield reduces damage by 55%. Therefore, the amount of damage prior to shield reduction needed to break shield is 8,000/45%=17,777 damage. Now lets assume armor further reduces damage by 50%. Therefore total unreduced damage to break shield would be 17,777/50%=35,554. Question: how long does it take to do 35,554 damage to a naked mage (naked is unreduced)? That would begin to explain whether or not the arcane shield formula needs to be updated.

Disclaimer: I don't have a 66 so i am just guessing as far as STR/INT and armor reduction. If someone has a better grasp on 66 stats it would be much appreciated to do the same analysis to come up with a number for unmitigated damage required to break shield. I apologize if my math is wrong haha, but lets work on that together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nikool99 View Post
    You answered your own question here now dude...what about 43? WE ARE IN 61 AND 66 END GAME NOW...TIME IS RUNNING EVERYTHING IS CHANGING DUDE....ppl like to move on and try new stuff not to be stuck in 43 bracket in there whole life....yes speed set is here...but we gotta deal with it now...not to whine and stay in outleveled bracket...people wanna try enjoy new stuff you know.....the point of this thread btw is to find balance for mage arcane shield
    Oh, OP was talking about 61 and 66. Cool (I asked but he/she didn't answer) because at lower lvls (18-49) if you know what you're doing as a mage, you won't really have any problems. But any who back to OPs concerns, I guess the formula should be reworked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    Talking about mage skill "gale" is useful why cant it be like warrior arcane sword pulls mobs inwards and then snare/stun them rather than blow outwards spreading the mobs everywhere?

"Lightning" is a electrical bolt of electricity and why stun is by low chance in %? i agree in the post in front the AOE spread % should be higher even old arcane maul stun have higher stun frequency and AOE chance.
    It would be nice if the rogue trap skill actually worked in PvP. Same with the mage clock skill. Although, not so much movement speed reduction on players as they apply to mobs in PvE.

Such fun would be had with strategical games.

Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    Let's calculate how much the shield absorbs in practice. To quote developer Samhayne's post 5/8/2013 in the sorcerer forum: "Without upgrade to time + extra damage: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

With upgrade to time + extra damage: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5) plus the shield lasts an extra 5 seconds."

The "upgrade" Samhayne mentions is the "Extended Shield" upgrade that increases the amount of damage absorbed by 15% (3*15%=.45 which is rounded to .5 in the formula above.) Now we have Shield Mastery which also increases the amount of damage absorbed by 15%. So if we assume it adds another .5 to the formula we get:
    With upgrade to time + extra damage+mastery: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*4.0).

So lets assume a geared lvl 66 mage has 1,200 INT and 400 STR. The maximum reduced damage absorbed would be (((2x400)+1200)*4.0) = 8,000. However, a charged arcane shield reduces damage by 55%. Therefore, the amount of damage prior to shield reduction needed to break shield is 8,000/45%=17,777 damage. Now lets assume armor further reduces damage by 50%. Therefore total unreduced damage to break shield would be 17,777/50%=35,554. Question: how long does it take to do 35,554 damage to a naked mage (naked is unreduced)? That would begin to explain whether or not the arcane shield formula needs to be updated.

Disclaimer: I don't have a 66 so i am just guessing as far as STR/INT and armor reduction. If someone has a better grasp on 66 stats it would be much appreciated to do the same analysis to come up with a number for unmitigated damage required to break shield. I apologize if my math is wrong haha, but lets work on that together.
    Don't forget that when the 50% damage and heal nerf was applied, the mage shield was unaffected. I do remember a developer saying that the reason mages were so ridiculously overpowered at the 56 cap was because the shield was ideally absorbing double the damage it was meant to. Either way they left it as it is and allowed the rogue class to suffer like no class has ever suffered before; for an entire season. I don't know how this all works out at any level below 43 but between level 43-66, the mage class is extremely tanky and has a huge damage output. If players are having problems with their class at a specific level; its only logical that they level up to a cap which their class doesn't have these problems. Last time i checked, twinking at low levels wasn't a must.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-27-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    It would be nice if the rogue trap skill actually worked in PvP. Same with the mage clock skill. Although, not so much movement speed reduction on players as they apply to mobs in PvE.

Such fun would be had with strategical games.

Don't forget that when the 50% damage and heal nerf was applied, the mage shield was unaffected. I do remember a developer saying that the reason mages were so ridiculously overpowered at the 56 cap was because the shield was ideally absorbing double the damage it was meant to. Either way they left it as it is and allowed the rogue class to suffer like no class has ever suffered before; for an entire season. I don't know how this all works out at any level below 43 but between level 43-66, the mage class is extremely tanky and has a huge damage output. If players are having problems with their class at a specific level; its only logical that they level up to a cap which their class doesn't have these problems. Last time i checked, twinking at low levels wasn't a must.
    "extremely tanky and has a huge damage output"... Yeah that's why I see PvP maps full of "Mages" now, and everytime a Rogue sees a "Mage" they run and leave the map ASAP and they ("Mages") can kill Warriors at nights when they go to sleep (Warriors don't receive damage from "Mages" in the day so you better don't try because it's endless), actually "Mages" have an "Arcane" called Shield that makes them immortal to the point that they receive a blessing that kills all enemies in the map making them unable to respawn and win the Match.. They got a "Curse" that is not a "Curse" but something cool specially when the enemy has certain pets. It's a ranged class that needs to get close to the enemy to deal some damage, It's awesome! They have the lowest armor but they are TANKS! They don't have 100% Dodge but there's no Auto Attack that will touch them! Rogues don't see "Mages" as a food but as a blue Pizza, etc. Everything makes sense now, the best class.

We should play these games more often.
    Last edited by Nea; 09-27-2017 at 06:22 AM.