Thread: Premium gear!....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Premium gear!....

Kay it seems to me that although I am payin for platinum to get good gear in comparison to the drops it doesn't seem that great I would have thought that it should be the other way around as people are spending hard earned cash to get the stuff I mean.... Crit buff on plat set and dodge on normal ... I would prefer dodge tbh but gel getting the set is very hard and over priced in AH

So can we get a but more stability in the balancing out of the plat gear as it should be a tad better than normal gear or normal gear a little less so

Just another point why can't we custom platinum sets??? Seems a little daft of you ask me as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Purist View Post
    Kay it seems to me that although I am payin for platinum to get good gear in comparison to the drops it doesn't seem that great I would have thought that it should be the other way around as people are spending hard earned cash to get the stuff I mean.... Crit buff on plat set and dodge on normal ... I would prefer dodge tbh but gel getting the set is very hard and over priced in AH

So can we get a but more stability in the balancing out of the plat gear as it should be a tad better than normal gear or normal gear a little less so

Just another point why can't we custom platinum sets??? Seems a little daft of you ask me as well
    So.. What you're saying is.. You'd rather STS make their games so that people who want to pay hundreds of dollars a week are way better then those who play casually... On their games that were based of casual play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So.. What you're saying is.. You'd rather STS make their games so that people who want to pay hundreds of dollars a week are way better then those who play casually... On their games that were based of casual play?
    I totally agree. I think the better gear should be earned and not bought with Plat!

I Like Pie
    Level 56 Farming Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm... the plat gear can have a diff set benefit and diff visual effect, because not everyone is good at earning money in the game, or would want to focus their attention on farming items and gathering credits, these are skilled players too, just because they dont walk around in custom gear doesnt mean they dont play well. Some of us have more plat than credit, wish we would have some kind of set benefit and visual fx too, even if its a diff one, or a mild one. I dont even mind playing on a handicap on the custom sets stat wise. That said, you can always build around your set, I pulled off a nice ickle dodge tank on my level 30 engie with full plat set, the plat light pistol and ddodger. That way I dont like the +20 critical stat boost by the full custom sets, would have it equal with the greens, but this is not a big prolem as the stat boosts is excessive anyway, but I wish minmaxers didnt have to be actively involved in the economy. Ive tried crafting every drop, got only 5 recipes, across 3 classes, for level 30 so the drop rates arent good enough for dedicated players to pull it off, ie its difficult to realistically "earn" em
    Last edited by Slant; 10-25-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    hmm... the plat gear can have a diff set benefit and diff visual effect, because not everyone is good at earning money in the game, or would want to focus their attention on farming items and gathering credits, these are skilled players too, just because they dont walk around in custom gear doesnt mean they dont play well. Some of us have more plat than credit, wish we would have some kind of set benefit and visual fx too, even if its a diff one, or a mild one. I dont even mind playing on a handicap on the custom sets stat wise. That said, you can always build around your set, I pulled off a nice ickle dodge tank on my level 30 engie with full plat set, the plat light pistol and ddodger. That way I dont like the +20 critical stat boost by the full custom sets, would have it equal with the greens, but this is not a big prolem as the stat boosts is excessive anyway, but I wish minmaxers didnt have to be actively involved in the economy. Ive tried crafting every drop, got only 5 recipes, across 3 classes, for level 30 so the drop rates arent good enough for dedicated players to pull it off, ie its difficult to realistically "earn" em
    My point exactly I'm a good player of the game but as I work I don't have time to farm hours on endi have done exactly what you mentioned and I have a pistol with dodge which seems to be the only option right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Purist View Post

Sounds pretty biased in my opinion, and STS strive for an equal environement. This would just bring more than good.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Horrible idea, once you get started down that road there is no turning back. I think the plat gear shouldn't even be on the same level as the dropped or "earned" gear. I understand that users are paying and should be rewarded, but the reward is that you get gear now... instant satisfaction. No waiting for a rare drop, no earning the cred to buy the set you have been drooling over. Just point, click and suddenly you have completed a set without putting forth any time/effort past inputting your cc number. You're welcome to buy your way through the game, but some of us want a sense of accomplishment after we log off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Horrible idea, once you get started down that road there is no turning back. I think the plat gear shouldn't even be on the same level as the dropped or "earned" gear. I understand that users are paying and should be rewarded, but the reward is that you get gear now... instant satisfaction. No waiting for a rare drop, no earning the cred to buy the set you have been drooling over. Just point, click and suddenly you have completed a set without putting forth any time/effort past inputting your cc number. You're welcome to buy your way through the game, but some of us want a sense of accomplishment after we log off.
    I'd agree with you if it was quest dropped gear, or epic boss dropped gear. But not randomly dropped farmed gear. No difference in that versus plat gear from my point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I dont wanna spend my time hanging out on UCS selling purples. Id rather just run, and I run a lot and still havent managed to save up enough money for 1 custom purple level 35 set, let alone the 3 I need. I have no option but to use the plat gear. You need to earn money irl too, and that can be your sense of accomplishment. Everyone in custom purps doesnt mean they are more skilled or better at playing, it just means that they are better at making credits. Look my point is that in game gear that you earn is the best gear possible, thats totally cool and how things should be. I just want some kind of visual fx for those who do get the plat set at every cap. Not there cool, not important, dont understand why tho, still can play. Ie, those who get the plat set at every cap should get some benefit from it, this can not be in the stats dept, so this has to be in the looks dept.
    Last edited by Slant; 10-26-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's funny that the plat purchased eng gear looks like a poo recycling unit whereas the dropped or crafted don't. Think the devs were making a statement?

Sorry, sidetracked.

If the best gear is only fir purchase then those who can buy have no surprise when going on leveling runs. Gotta keep yourself interested, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Okay. How about if the plat gear was close to the better "earned" gear... Just a bit below. Right now the plat gear mostly is simply too low to be worth the plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Okay. How about if the plat gear was close to the better "earned" gear... Just a bit below. Right now the plat gear mostly is simply too low to be worth the plat.
    Shouldn't you be used to this by now :P

Imagine Plat worth the same as Demonic/Gylph or even FF sets in PL? Uproar.. the Plat items should be the same as PL, pretty much not worth getting at high level (excluding vanity etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Shouldn't you be used to this by now :P

Imagine Plat worth the same as Demonic/Gylph or even FF sets in PL? Uproar.. the Plat items should be the same as PL, pretty much not worth getting at high level (excluding vanity etc)
    I said "close to" the good pinks. Not equal or superior. Right now, like PL, it's all way too low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    like PL, it's all way too low.
    That was my point

I'm really uncertain how long this will keep up, esp if someone can just level to say 76 and use Plat all the way as the gear is close or same as Epic/Pink (with a difference in some main stats)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I get plat gear sometimes because I like the color ^_^
    It's not fair, STS is playing at my love for flash, flare, and sparkles
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shiny objects! Must....buy.....