Thread: For veterans & thier supporters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default For veterans & thier supporters

I think it would be cool to have some veteran specific vanities. Maybe something like the apple icon above the head, but it would be military banch specific, I.e. marine corps emblem. As a marine, I would love a bull dog pet vanity as that is the marines mascott (spelling). also maybe some armor like digital camo or even vanity weapons that look like M16-A4 assualt rifle, 9m pistol, M249 SAW. I was also thinking that a fun addition to gaming would be the ability to earn medals, I.e. purple hearts, medals of honor etc. could even to a special quest thingy on memorial day. Well, thats about it for now, I'll post more veteran ideas as they come.

Wash out.
    Last edited by Wash; 10-25-2011 at 04:30 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I would love to see something like this be implemented in the near future. This is somewhat off subject but I just read an interesting article Here that was talking about our pensions being removed. I was heated at first, but after reading the comments on the topic I felt better. Thank you to all those that support us and to those that take up the fight, it means a lot.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Would have to do this for every military branch out there though... Thanks for fighting guys, but I don't see this happening =\
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think this is a great idea. My grandfather was in the military. The only issue I have with this is that it can not be American Military specific. There are people who play this in all countries. Maybe if they just had something that is associated with an countries military. Maybe dog tags or something like that.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Would have to do this for every military branch out there though... Thanks for fighting guys, but I don't see this happening =\
    Not really, a basic combat helmet or a combat knife would be generic enough. People shouldn't be stuck on the whole specific branches or countries, there's many ways you can have generic military items/vanities in the game that relate to any branch or service. Like you said though, I don't expect anything like this to actually happen but it's a nice thought.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I think this is a great idea. My grandfather was in the military. The only issue I have with this is that it can not be American Military specific. There are people who play this in all countries. Maybe if they just had something that is associated with an countries military. Maybe dog tags or something like that.
    I agree, no branch specific, but its true that there are plenty of items that can be made that resembles military in general like said earlier. I doubt it will ever happen, but I hear the devs live in tx, & thats a very patriotic state. keepin my fingers crossed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Also, for pets, maybe lil robo humvee rc that follows you or something to that effect, or a cool sidekick bot thats a lil military decked out, says random funny stuff out loud when u fight or something, I mean there are alot of possibilities. Even do a Blackstar, or whatever the military is, rank system or something. another idea would be like country flags u could get above ur head to support you countries military while u where your camo gear or something, I dont know. Just spittin out ideas as they come lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As for the rank system, boot, private, corprol (spelling), sargent (sp), gunny, master sgt, sgt major, after that you would then make it to officer ranks, like luitenant, captain, major, cornol (sp), general. The devs could make the ranks what the want, thats just a rough idea of a rank system. I know, I know, aint gunna happen, but you never know unless you try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hey Wash you should grab all the posts and put them in one single post. It keeps things clean like. Just edit the posts after and delete once you've copied and pasted all the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Hey Wash you should grab all the posts and put them in one single post. It keeps things clean like. Just edit the posts after and delete once you've copied and pasted all the info.
    I dont know what the heck you just said, but you're special kid, I like you lol. But seriously, I dont know how, im too noob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pet idea. A robot bulldog named T.A.N.K. TOTALLY AWESOME NPC KILLER lol. What do ya think? I at least love the name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wash View Post
    I dont know what the heck you just said, but you're special kid, I like you lol. But seriously, I dont know how, im too noob.
    If you copy the text from all your posts and put it in "one" post it would make this thread easier to read. Once you have done so. If you click edit on the other posts, there is an option to delete them.

My buddy has a Pit Bull named Tank.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I think this would be a great idea especially because it can be universal. PL is worldwide and many have served their respective countries.

The only downside is if this vanity is only for veterans, someone will complain. Just the state ofbPL now. But you have my full support on this.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

100000% in support of this idea, I have lots of family in the armed services.....maybe a veterans day event
    but I would do it so its more universal symbol of armed forces.

Like Crimson has stated above.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I think this would be a great idea especially because it can be universal. PL is worldwide and many have served their respective countries.

The only downside is if this vanity is only for veterans, someone will complain. Just the state ofbPL now. But you have my full support on this.
    Yeah the the military veteran awards would confuse a lot of folks by mixing up both vet awards and military vet awards. I would remove the wording veteran altogether. Players expect to play in a furry magical world without IRL agendas.This won't happen with some believing that this would be supporting war, violence and such. Again as much as I would love to have these things, I don't believe they'll have them in the game, ever...