Thread: Should the game be more friendly towards new players ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default Should the game be more friendly towards new players ?

- sorry for the wall of text , tried to shorten it multiple times -

Recently ive been hanging out in the first couple towns players unlock , and i was surprised to see how many newbies AL actually has . Tbh i dont see much diffirence from 2014 or even 2013 which were the best years for AL so far . but the problem is that 90% of those players will quit due to the long and boring hours that they have to simply run the same map over and over again without any actuall gain or ejoyment just to be able to reach cap and enjoy the game to its fullest . I have a couple ideas on how to help them out ...

-first , remove trading permit . It was made to prevent that weird botting thing from happening again , but the gold reward was removed completely and replaced with level kits , so is there an actuall reason for it to be there ?

-Better bound item rewards - The kits are good as long as your farming forest XD higher level ones should contain rewards like ankhs ,respec scrolls , potions , jewels ( lower tier ones ) , long xp elixirs and other usefull consumables

-a better turorual , the current one just shows you how to move , attack , equip stuff and complete quests . It really needs to have info on trading , cs store , potions , optimal builds for each class ( primary stats , core skills ) , guilds , pvp , map , stash , pets etc , etc . A good would be to make a guide book located in the tab next to quest book that has everything categorised with good images . And just a pop up at the end of turorial showing you where it is . if you dont feel like making one i bet the community can help write it ( somebody might have suggested this before , i'l try to find the original post and put a link here )

-Changes to the current leveling system - The story quests were GREAT , arent hard to complete and give alot of exp but where did they go ? after lvl56 leveling just becomes a pain , sts gains nothing by making players farm like 500k exp since plat leveling was removed and its just boring for most . If you say its to 'keep out nabs from cap' i dont really get how running the same EASY map over and over again until you see it whenever you close your eyes actually makes you better at the game or gives any real 'expirience' (see what i did there ? XD ) or sence of progress .

-Why is maus only reliable place to farm ? So after running last underhull for like 6 months with the same useless build and crappy gear ( again , anything works in that map ) you finally reach cap and what do you find ? Just to be able to make gold you need to farm ANOTHER map over and over again just to reach the actuall map that poeple farm in , and after that you gotta run it for eternity to buy decent gear with GL to start making real profit . i understand that events are a great way for newbies to make gold , but someone who needs to buy littelary everything ( around 20m or more ) cant rely on events alone . Also beacuse of this many new players try merching since everyone reffers to it as 'best way to make gold' ( which is true ) and end out lossing the little gold they had .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Told cinco the same thing.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Totally agree. A lot of us have been saying this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to ask me to make your Recipes .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

+e^23

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

these things or similar things were suggested many manyy times already with no luck but its a +1 from me

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I agree with the idea that game right now require huge effort to be enjoyed if you join it for the first time.
    Truth is that this way basically you make a big selection on plat and non plat users......so from Sts point of view, why not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I completely agree with you but unfortunately AL is at the bottom of their priority list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    I agree with the idea that game right now require huge effort to be enjoyed if you join it for the first time.
    Truth is that this way basically you make a big selection on plat and non plat users......so from Sts point of view, why not.
    Yeah but some minor things like a better tutorial dont have any connection to plat .. also the insane amount of time you have to spend leveling cant be skipped by paying so this is just dragging the game down without sts making any profit from it . Maus 5-6 are hard to unlock and run so poeple who farm there deserve the gold they drop , but making them the only place to actually farm is also a collosally bad idea , but this might actually bring some income to sts since players buy plat to afford gl weapons and start farming so im not so concered about that aslong as we get events each month to make gold .

Edit : forgot xp kits for plat even existed , but it takes huge amount of plat/money for them to actually be usefull.. so its not an option
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 10-09-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account