Thread: Might Need Help from a Techie... -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Might Need Help from a Techie... -_-

Okay.. I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. I have a Droid2 that's gone through hell and back condition-wise, but it has proven its durability. I have no idea what the problem is this time. I thought my phone was frozen from my cold room, since we haven't turned on our heating yet. First thing I tried is turning it on, then a battery pull, and both didn't work. Then I plug the charger in...

The charger LED lit up. It only signifies that a charger has been plugged in. So I guess something is working. But my screen is still pitch black. It's early, and I'm frustrated. I tried warming it up by going back to sleep with it between my torso and underarm to see if the cold was the problem. Nothing.

So I have no idea what the problem is. I have another charger that makes my screen go rogue, which I think is only because it's the wrong voltage. But that shouldn't completely kill a device's functionality, right?

This is my first replacement. I sent one in and got a free upgrade to a D2. So I don't know what will happen this time, because again, D2s are no longer produced, with the coming of the D3.

What should I do? Should I just get a new phone? I can't really afford a brand new one right now.

Oh.. I might not even be able to get a replacement through insurance. My D2 is rooted. :/
    Last edited by Draco Mikato; 10-26-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

No more Vamp

If you get time PM DeathPunch (Tech head), sure he will be able to assist buddy

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Uhm... Plugging in a charger with a voltage higher than specified, generally fries some electronics inside your device :/

I don't have a droid, but on the iPhone there's a way to 'hard' reset your device. You could try and find out if there's a similar function for your device. But, as said, it's more than likely too late now.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Uhm... Plugging in a charger with a voltage higher than specified, generally fries some electronics inside your device :/

I don't have a droid, but on the iPhone there's a way to 'hard' reset your device. You could try and find out if there's a similar function for your device. But, as said, it's more than likely too late now.
    Hard reset (sux, but worth it than getting a new phone all together I guess)

Code:
    From device startup
    1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.
    If this doesnt allow you to do step 2/3 unsure what you are abl to do =/

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah it won't turn on, so I can't do that. I think I'm just going to have to save up and get a new one.

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Mikato:462143
    Okay.. I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. I have a Droid2 that's gone through hell and back condition-wise, but it has proven its durability. I have no idea what the problem is this time. I thought my phone was frozen from my cold room, since we haven't turned on our heating yet. First thing I tried is turning it on, then a battery pull, and both didn't work. Then I plug the charger in...

The charger LED lit up. It only signifies that a charger has been plugged in. So I guess something is working. But my screen is still pitch black. It's early, and I'm frustrated. I tried warming it up by going back to sleep with it between my torso and underarm to see if the cold was the problem. Nothing.

So I have no idea what the problem is. I have another charger that makes my screen go rogue, which I think is only because it's the wrong voltage. But that shouldn't completely kill a device's functionality, right?

This is my first replacement. I sent one in and got a free upgrade to a D2. So I don't know what will happen this time, because again, D2s are no longer produced, with the coming of the D3.

What should I do? Should I just get a new phone? I can't really afford a brand new one right now.

Oh.. I might not even be able to get a replacement through insurance. My D2 is rooted. :/
    Using a non OEM charger, could damage your phone since what comes with the phone is a Transformer, not a charger (the phone has internal charging circuitry. Plugging a charger into a charging circuit is no good, could fry the board and will definitely void your warranty.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Using a non OEM charger, could damage your phone since what comes with the phone is a Transformer, not a charger (the phone has internal charging circuitry. Plugging a charger into a charging circuit is no good, could fry the board and will definitely void your warranty.
    That's what I've been using. The one that came with the phone. This morning I woke up and it wasn't plugged in so maybe the battery died on me. The last thing I did before I went to sleep was a phone call. And it was on low battery. I have no idea what made it go wrong. Maybe a fuse inside my phone blew? My phone is like 2 years old.

Vampire the Operative