Thread: Ctf tournament lvls 61-62

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Ctf tournament lvls 61-62

Hello my fellow pvpers. I've been pvping in this game for years and am kinda sad that ctf is so rarely used nowadays. I would like to develop a ctf tournament with your guys help that could potentially be a lot of fun. Who knows, if its successful then maybe more tourneys could happen in the future. Here are some rules I considered throughout today. Note: rules are not set in stone and subject to change. Discussion regarding the rules is encouraged in the comments. Final list of rules will be established once a sufficient number of people show interest(assuming we get to that point, which I think all of us would love) and any suggested changes have been considered. Some thoughts I had to make this competetive, enticing, and accessible are listed below

- either 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5 are the most obvious options for team sizes. It is likely that there will be far more rogue entries than warriors or mages, so a 4v4 might be the best bet with 1 warr, 1 mage, 2 rogue. this will probably be determined towards the end of the process
    - Victor determined by kills or actually capturing the flag 5 times? either could be very fun, i really don't have a preference personally.
    - My friends and I strongly believe having randomized teams will be healthy for competition. This means you would not be entering as a team of 4, or a team of 3, but as an individual, and your teammates will be chosen randomly. Why? accessibility as I mentioned above. Otherwise teams of maxed and experienced pvpers will simply dominate and discourage many people from entering the tournament. And besides, people who think they are very good should be able to help educate and carry their team regardless. No this is not because I don't think I would have a chance to win with premade teams or because my gear isnt strong enough or w/e else you could think of. NOTE: team changes could be made by hand if some team turns out to be vastly stronger than the others and would be announced here.
    - no arc artifacts. Once again, not because I feel at a disadvantage to people with them, I soloed a rogue with arc artifact the other day which he complained about lul, but it will make this tourney feel more accessible to lower geared players.
    - Payouts to the victors: This could be either mandatory or optional. I will personally be adding 100k to the jackpot regardless of which option it is. This doesn't mean the mandatory buy in would be 100k, only 50k seems reasonable.

NOTE AGAIN ^^^^^ all rules subject to change. I may add to this list as time goes on.

Please leave your class and ign below, as well as any thoughts on how the tourney should work

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Reserved.

Istealthl, rogue

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

2 things: if you are planning on a banner it wont happen. Sts seems to be too busy to organize a tournament. And secondly jackpot needs to be of substantial value dude. People wont play for a 200k pot. Needs to be closer to 30-40m, only then will people really want to play. But without banners, I see no point in a tournament, not to belittle your post...just seems like work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Tbh i didnt read ur whole post so im yorry if u said it but i think u should let peopke pay like 200k each to enter which will be added up in a prize pool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imback Al View Post
    2 things: if you are planning on a banner it wont happen. Sts seems to be too busy to organize a tournament. And secondly jackpot needs to be of substantial value dude. People wont play for a 200k pot. Needs to be closer to 30-40m, only then will people really want to play. But without banners, I see no point in a tournament, not to belittle your post...just seems like work.
    Clearly 61 pvp is dead anyways and nobody cares about revivin it. I stopped caring days ago since nobody even responded but i get what your sayin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Clearly 61 pvp is dead anyways and nobody cares about revivin it. I stopped caring days ago since nobody even responded but i get what your sayin
    Wait.... if 61 pvp is dead, then the whole AL pvp is dead too? Cuz 61-63 was the last active bracket...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Its active but its meh. Doesnt feel alive, doesnt have the excitement of joining a room and callin guildies for help cuz enemies are there. Clashes are infrequent, mostly just rogues running around. I made this thread with the hopes of bringing some life to ctf but clearly it was fr naught

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Clashes are infrequent, mostly just rogues running around.
    Hmm.. S) Bloodgrub Hairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ur either in the wrong time zone or u aren't in a more pvp guild. Cus acc to what i saw at least 3 rooms r active clash at one time.
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skilledpvp View Post
    Ur either in the wrong time zone or u aren't in a more pvp guild. Cus acc to what i saw at least 3 rooms r active clash at one time.
    I mean jguild vs guild not just randoms clashing. And 2 tanks with 6 rogues is the most boring form of a clash in the world