Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 35 Pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kateku View Post
    You dont have to run so fast. lol

But i do tend to run ahead of the team and die lol.
    No lol I don't even run thaat fast xD
    It's silly I know but it gets annoying, when the tanks be in the back of the team barely using skills for 0 aggro with their 900+ armor. Waiting on youuu to start attacking.
    It's super hard not to rush for me also, being all tank since before SL in PL quite some time lvl55 warrior, ha ha I didn't even become an engineer till numa was out for a good while.
    Ahh it drives me nuts how literally 90% of SL players do not tank. That is what makes me miss PL, everyone I played with tanked like they were racing for plat or something.
    I'm really not complaining though I don't care about my deaths to be honest I think NOT dying would be so stressful.
    To those with such perfect K/D ratio I salute you!!
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE Tesla View Post
    idk if this post really fits in,you guys calculate your stats way more then i do.. i just plug n play
    We worry about this stuff so that you don't have to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBNobody View Post
    Haha, I mean just the calculations...i play around with my gear to see what gives me the stats I desire..all of these formulas are nice, but I dont really need a mathematical formula to show me what skills increase when I put better gear on, I see myself losing stats, but those stats I dont really care about, if I did obviously I wouldn't change the gear.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBNobody:464380
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Tesla View Post
    idk if this post really fits in,you guys calculate your stats way more then i do.. i just plug n play
    True. Im glad there are others that do care. I see glitches on sl and before get a chance to post it on the forums someone has already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    No lol I don't even run thaat fast xD
    It's silly I know but it gets annoying, when the tanks be in the back of the team barely using skills for 0 aggro with their 900+ armor. Waiting on youuu to start attacking.
    It's super hard not to rush for me also, being all tank since before SL in PL quite some time lvl55 warrior, ha ha I didn't even become an engineer till numa was out for a good while.
    Ahh it drives me nuts how literally 90% of SL players do not tank. That is what makes me miss PL, everyone I played with tanked like they were racing for plat or something.
    I'm really not complaining though I don't care about my deaths to be honest I think NOT dying would be so stressful.
    To those with such perfect K/D ratio I salute you!!
    I know where you come from. I too must run infront and aggro the enemies and waste plenty of stims, believe to be ard 50 per runs excluding mana stims causing sometimes to be 2hit killed by mobs. lol

As you mention, dont care about kill death ratio, its about fun =D

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Time to weigh in! Wooo sparkles!

I love this game, but like anything you love, it is best to not be blinded by it. The game has very large issues, mostly with itemization and what plat does to the game, that need to be addressed.

Before I start, please take note I am drawing my opinions from what I have seen work and what I have enjoyed as a player in over 15 years of MMO (from Ultima Online/EQ era to present).

This game lacks in the items department. Every expansion we get another tier of the white yellow green and purple drops. Since all of that is vendor trash minus the purps we can say that each class gets one purple set, thats it. And I am rather certain that the community feels the stats on these items are a little lackluster. I fail to see why there cant be 5 versions of each purple set for each class. A crit heavy, dodge heavy, regen heavy, etc... Doesn't have to have a different look or be a different color, just reuse the graphic. I dont care. I like diversity. I loathe knowing that my choices in a game I enjoy are: spend a ludicrous amount on the top end purple gear or buy a full plat set. Is that really the limit of the choice I am presented with? "Crit - Plasma-tech Sleeves" and "Dodge - Plasma-tech Sleeves" etc... please.

Same could be said for weapons and shields. I get two different str-based shields, but no int shield. Even lvl 30 had an int shield, course it was level 28. Just seems to me each expansion more thought is put into the new vanity we can buy, which takes design and modeling to produce and implement when id much rather you copy/paste multiple gear sets at a fraction of the effort.

...and I am curious as to why the new implants are plat only? I am telling you this now developers: I know you need money, but you walk a very thin line with the plat system. Always a conflict between what is best for the game and those who play it, and what is best for the bottom line.

If I feel this way, I guarantee you there are a wealth of others who feel the plat system appears to get in the way and influences too much of how the devs design and implement new content.

Any item that isn't aesthetic that boosts my characters performance in the store should be available to craft as well. With so few gear options, my hand feels forced here.

Love this game, I really do, but id sure love to spend the 8 years it takes to get to 36 minus elixirs in the pursuit of the gear mixture I want for that level.

I find getting all the items I need in a week and then spending over a month drudging through the monotony to get 36 or to just wait for new content is weak. A large influx of new items would breath a world of new life into this game. Of which: a single legendary at 30 with questionable stats, and what appears to be none at 35 is criminal

..and perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps the lack of gear and questionable stats are purely cause pvp is looming in the distance and they are looking for balance..?

Testament - 35 Winner Engineer
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 10-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox:464511
    Time to weigh in! Wooo sparkles!

I love this game, but like anything you love, it is best to not be blinded by it. The game has very large issues, mostly with itemization and what plat does to the game, that need to be addressed.

Before I start, please take note I am drawing my opinions from what I have seen work and what I have enjoyed as a player in over 15 years of MMO (from Ultima Online/EQ era to present).

This game lacks in the items department. Every expansion we get another tier of the white yellow green and purple drops. Since all of that is vendor trash minus the purps we can say that each class gets one purple set, thats it. And I am rather certain that the community feels the stats on these items are a little lackluster. I fail to see why there cant be 5 versions of each purple set for each class. A crit heavy, dodge heavy, regen heavy, etc... Doesn't have to have a different look or be a different color, just reuse the graphic. I dont care. I like diversity. I loathe knowing that my choices in a game I enjoy are: spend a ludicrous amount on the top end purple gear or buy a full plat set. Is that really the limit of the choice I am presented with? "Crit - Plasma-tech Sleeves" and "Dodge - Plasma-tech Sleeves" etc... please.

Same could be said for weapons and shields. I get two different str-based shields, but no int shield. Even lvl 30 had an int shield, course it was level 28. Just seems to me each expansion more thought is put into the new vanity we can buy, which takes design and modeling to produce and implement when id much rather you copy/paste multiple gear sets at a fraction of the effort.

...and I am curious as to why the new implants are plat only? I am telling you this now developers: I know you need money, but you walk a very thin line with the plat system. Always a conflict between what is best for the game and those who play it, and what is best for the bottom line.

If I feel this way, I guarantee you there are a wealth of others who feel the plat system appears to get in the way and influences too much of how the devs design and implement new content.

Does anyone really like being a lvl 35 engie near another lvl 35 engie and having a 99% chance you are wearing the exact same items?

Keep the plat to the vanity and other items that dont effect character performance and leave the equipment we need to "playing the game" and not "working at applebee's gets me the gear I need".

Love this game, I really do, but id sure love to spend the 8 years it takes to get to 36 minus elixirs in the pursuit of the gear mixture I want for that level.

I find getting all the items I need in a week and then spending over a month drudging through the monotony to get 36 or to just wait for new content is weak. A large influx of new items would breath a world of new life into this game. Of which: a single legendary at 30 with questionable stats, and what appears to be none at 35 is criminal=P

Id rather more micro-scale content in this game than a vanity closet that is sure to milk the community of applebee's money haha=P

..and perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps the lack of gear and questionable stats are purely cause pvp is looming in the distance and they are looking for balance..?

Testament - 35 Winner Engineer
    I read the first 3 paragraphs and I'm like "this guy knows what he's talking bout" you hit the issues dead on. I 100% agree there needs to be a verity of purp sets! I hope the devs pay attention to this thread.