Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: exp lowered in shipyard?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

pfft lame back to pl since sl is gonna take longger to lvl like in slouch-o gahh

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ahh todays society, so lazy, so much for putting in a little hard work to actually obtain something. Everyone wants everything served to them on a silver platter now a days. Too bad thats not how things work. Maybe STS is doing us all a favor by secretly teaching us that if you work hard the rewards at the end of the day are always better.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Before we all go out gathering up pitchforks and torches and whatnot, why not wait and see if there's a confirmation first. If there is, as someone else stated, it could also be a bug (Hellzangel, you might also want to toss this into Tech Issues & Bugs to bring it to Flip or Futumsh's attention). One question in the meantime--did you level up between the last time you checked your average XP gain and this time? The higher your level, the lower the XP gain, as I'm sure you know.

Instead of getting all cranky on partial info, let's wait and get all cranky (if necessary) with the full story.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Oh exp lowered. Is that a challenge I here? Your on devs! xD

Lvl 2 runs is about 1:40-2:20, depending whos leading you. When i lead, it's about 1:56 or so. Do that for a full hour, and you got 30 runs. It would take 3 hours to do 90 runs, considering i play more than that, with the right team(or without my laziness ) I can get 210 runs a day. That's 7hrs of hardcore play, as was said. Not counting the weekends when i wake up around 7a.m. and start playing till 9:30p.m. (of course i take breaks lol). If i do this,with the math that was given above, I can get to 36 by Halloween! Ha genius
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    Ahh todays society, so lazy, so much for putting in a little hard work to actually obtain something. Everyone wants everything served to them on a silver platter now a days. Too bad thats not how things work. Maybe STS is doing us all a favor by secretly teaching us that if you work hard the rewards at the end of the day are always better.
    This made me laugh, there's no such thing as hard work in a video game, just repetition and annoyance. Try lifting a 10 foot concrete post on your shoulder, or shifting a wheelbarrow full of concrete over and over again in the baking sun.

And the problem is that everyone who has the helm already got an easy ride, and now everyone else has to do a lot more runs and use a lot more plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

The xp I think is good in shipyard. You get about 500xp each time you complete all shipyard maps from 1 up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Guys were exactly did you get your info because at the moment I haven't noticed it. So don't go hating on the devs for if it has happened a bit less xp just do more runs there's your solution.
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Is it confirm yet? If it is, i hope the dev will give back the exp to the players who suffered and even up the exp for the next few days to compensate for them.

In order to earn more money, you have to have more players to play.

How to have more players to play? You have to let them enjoy the game.

Imagine only 500 platinum players playing and none joining due to the high amount of cash involved to play.

Or you have 10k players on and only 300 players actually buying platinum? But you might have more opportunity for players buying platinum if you make them like the game.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your concerns. Flip and I have now learned a whole lot about how experience is granted in the game. Our Lead Programmer and our Lead Designer have walked us through how experience works from end to end. We can both report that there have been no changes to the rate at which experience is granted.

The confusing part with experience gain is the fact that there are monsters (minions, for example) that are worth fractional experience. If you take the time to go into your avatar screen and look at how your experience is changing after every time you overcome a monster, you might find that your experience goes up 1 ever other or every 3 or 4 kills (depending on what monster you are fighting, it's level compared to you, your group (if you are in one) and what kind of monster it is (minion, boss, etc.)). Basically, these monsters are worth 1/3 or even 1/4 of an exp for you (again, depending on the factors). When you add in a 3x Enhancer, a monster that was worth 1/3rd of an exp (.333333) is now worth 1 xp point. If the monster was worth .5 then sometimes you'll see 1 point change and sometimes 2 point changes with a 3x Enhancer. It has always worked this way, in Pocket Legends and in Star Legends.

If you have further questions about experience gain, please post them and I'll be happy to answer them.

The bottom line is, experience gaining rates have not changed.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Nice explanation, Sam, thanks! Is there any chance you could sticky that explanation somewhere? I know the "How does experience work?" question comes up pretty often and it'd be nice to have that to point to.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Absolutely i don't find any difference in the experience gained one week ago or today.Its just rumor.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Nice explanation, Sam, thanks! Is there any chance you could sticky that explanation somewhere? I know the "How does experience work?" question comes up pretty often and it'd be nice to have that to point to.
    Yup, I'll endeavor to spread the word

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

So it was a rumor :S

I never noticed a changed and already knew about the experience gaining.

Don't go blindly believing rumors. Try to find out if it's true or not.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Sam,

Would it be overly difficult to have an option to see XP on the HUD as xx.xx/xx overlayed on the xp meter?
    I honestly wouldn't mind bigger HP/Mana/XP meters so that they can all have optional numbers in there.

There's a lot of numbeer cruncher folk around, and seeing this info on HUD would be a lot better than monitoring the avatar screen.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Sam,
    Just want to confirm was a full groups of team(5) gain more exp than single player?
    Here what I found, with 3x enhancer. I solo shipyard's map1 only gave me 133exp. Same map With a full group I gained 169exp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yup, I'll endeavor to spread the word
    I posted that on my thread...so you wanna be lv 36? here
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik:463839
    That.

Dosumn (26) Engineer
    Kelmud (26) Commando
    Levay (25) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just for the record, CONSTANT WORK IS NOT HARD WORK. You say it's hard to level, no its just time consuming. Hard would be if it actually took team comp and real stat placement to succeed. But i agree it should be less time consuming to level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hey remaking the same map and rushing through it for about 6 hours is hard work man