Thread: Star Guard Badge Glitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Star Guard Badge Glitch

Ebalere noticed this and asked me to pass it on (he was busy, not to mention freezing!). When he has the plat 35 Op guns equipped, he loses his SG badge. If he re-equips the badge, his left gun disappears. He thought it may have been because of the plat guns since I had both blade-guns and my badge showing, but my badge stayed even when I equipped the plat guns. :/ Screenshot:

Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I don't understand what you mean. The picture? Are we supposed to be looking at ebalere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yup. Take a look at me--2 plat guns and badge. Now look at Ebalere (He's the good-looking one. Okay, so's Prosophist, so that's no help. The guy on the far right. ) His badge is now there, but the gun is missing from his left hand. Before he re-equipped his badge, he had 2 guns and no badge since equipping the guns seems to have made his badge unequip. Re-equipping the badge brought it back, but made his off-hand gun disappear.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thanks Canon, allow me to clarify.

The gun I'm holding in the screen is just a single plat pistol. I was equipping it just to show i had the badge equipped as well. The issue for me, is any dual pistol hides my badge, even non-plat, non epic. This has to do with the recent patch I'm sure. As a matter of fact, rifles hide the badge as well, as do Engi gloves on my alt. What stumps me is how Canon doesnt have this issue ,lol.

Thanks for postin Canon, I was indeed freezing!
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Yup. Take a look at me--2 plat guns and badge. Now look at Ebalere (He's the good-looking one. Okay, so's Prosophist, so that's no help. The guy on the far right. ) His badge is now there, but the gun is missing from his left hand. Before he re-equipped his badge, he had 2 guns and no badge since equipping the guns seems to have made his badge unequip. Re-equipping the badge brought it back, but made his off-hand gun disappear.
    No matter what, I always want the badge to show...it looked cool when I was using a two handed rifle
    seems like lady and guys characters have the badge bug...I have a shield and i can see both shield and badge (Women)...but on the guys...just the badge.

IMO....I would like the badge to pulsate or smoke and be a bit bigger Like a Holo-shield O.O
    and if this can overlay any armor so I could hold a rifle also
    Last edited by octavos; 10-28-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:464470
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    No matter what, I always want the badge to show...it looked cool when I was using a two handed rifle
    seems like lady and guys characters have the badge bug...I have a shield and i can see both shield and badge (Women)...but on the guys...just the badge.
    That reminds me as well, when i had shield and pistol, it used to hide the shield since the star guard badge is a shield vanity now. Now it shows both.

Dev's feel free to try it on my account if you fail to replicate the issue.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Oh, duh! to me! Sorry, Eb....PM's were flying and I misunderstood--I thought you'd re-equipped the badge and it made the off-hand gun disappear. Still, bad news. And, yes, doesn't matter what I carry on my female char, mine still shows (unless, of course, I want to use a vanity off-hand item like the pitchfork).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Hmm weird as to how Koi has hers but not you ? ( psst they are secretly sexist ).but i remember some one complaining about glitches with the armour between female and male char as well.

side note: koi dreueey has been quite lonely lately