Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Help uh-oh you cant connect servers up chrome beta version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default Help uh-oh you cant connect servers up chrome beta version

i am getting the uh-oh servers up but can not connect message... am i doing something wrong???

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    i am getting the uh-oh servers up but can not connect message... am i doing something wrong???
    It's likely your network and/or proxy are blocking traffic on nonstandard ports. You'll get this particular behavior if you can communicate over port 80 but not port 4060.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

uhhh... okay any way for me to fix on computer???? not computer literate as most... but understand some stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I have got this countless times, and has been so annoying. Isn't it because the server is full. Samhayne was online when I couldn't connect, so maybe that is why

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I have got this countless times, and has been so annoying. Isn't it because the server is full. Samhayne was online when I couldn't connect, so maybe that is why
    The servers are never 'full' - we normally operate with far more capacity than we see at peak usage times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What he is saying is that you usually have something blocking the port, like a firewall or security program running.

You need to either close it down (I never run that virus junk on my pc) or find out how to enable port 4060 so SL can connect to the interwebs via chrome.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazroast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

okay i shut down all firewalls virus programs and still it is being blocked... grrrr.. okay i have windows seven someone tell me in laymen's terms what i need to do... obviously i do not know what to look for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Windows 7 firewall has a sneaky habit of reasserting itself. Try this:

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Control Panel
    3. Under the heading "Security" click on "Allow a program thru Windows Firewall" If it's not visible on the Control Panel window, click "Security" and you'll find it listed there
    4. Click on the "Exceptions" tab
    5. Click on "Change Settings"
    6. Click on "Add a Port"
    7. Type in a name that'll help you remember what the exception is for like, "SL Port"
    8. Type 4060 into the box labeled "Port Number"
    9. Make sure the "TCP" button is checked
    10. Click "OK"

You may or may not have to restart after that. Windows is pretty weird about that sort of thing and I don't know off the top of my head.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

nope that is for vista i have windows7 .... just turned off all firewalls and in allow program thru windows firewall section i do not have the option to add a port. ( the steps 4 thru 9 you listed canonicalkoi are not available to me even in admin mode so there has to be something else to add port) grrr... just totaly frustrated now... ready to give up as it still will not let me on and i have done all i can think of..... any other suggestions????? for now i guess i just have o play from my phone.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 10-29-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My apologies for not clarifying which version of 7 you were running. I am a bonehead and apparently not all versions give access to "Add Ports". There is a work-around.

Do the Start-->Control Panel-->Sysetm and Security thing again.
    Click on Windows Firewall.
    Click on "Advanced Settings" (over on the left-side).
    On the left side of the page in the frame, click on "Inbound Rules", then go over to the right-side of the page there under "Actions", click on "New Rule" in the right-hand frame.
    Sadly, this will open a Windows Wizard, but there's no help for that. There under "What type of rule would you like to create?", you want to click on "Port" and click next.
    Make sure the radio button next to TCP is checked.
    In the box marked "Specific Local Ports", type 4060 and hit next.
    Choose "Allow Connection" and hit next.
    Choose the network type(s) you want under "When does this profile apply" and hit next
    Type in whatever you want to call the rule in the box marked "Name" and you can put a longer description if you like in the box cleverly marked "Description" and hit Finish.

As I fling myself on your mercy, my only defense is that I rarely touch the Windows 7 box. it mainly sits in the corner, surrounded by a long rope made of garlic.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    My apologies for not clarifying which version of 7 you were running. I am a bonehead and apparently not all versions give access to "Add Ports". There is a work-around.

Do the Start-->Control Panel-->Sysetm and Security thing again.
    Click on Windows Firewall.
    Click on "Advanced Settings" (over on the left-side).
    On the left side of the page in the frame, click on "Inbound Rules", then go over to the right-side of the page there under "Actions", click on "New Rule" in the right-hand frame.
    Sadly, this will open a Windows Wizard, but there's no help for that. There under "What type of rule would you like to create?", you want to click on "Port" and click next.
    Make sure the radio button next to TCP is checked.
    In the box marked "Specific Local Ports", type 4060 and hit next.
    Choose "Allow Connection" and hit next.
    Choose the network type(s) you want under "When does this profile apply" and hit next
    Type in whatever you want to call the rule in the box marked "Name" and you can put a longer description if you like in the box cleverly marked "Description" and hit Finish.

As I fling myself on your mercy, my only defense is that I rarely touch the Windows 7 box. it mainly sits in the corner, surrounded by a long rope made of garlic.
    yeeeaaa... okay all that is what i see but guess what i still get the uh-oh message... grrrr just kill me now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

.... and yes i restarted computer and checked to see if rule still allowed and yes... so maybe i just will not be able to play from this computer. ... i am getting killed by a machine with an os written by idiots.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 10-30-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I don't know if I'll have time to get on it tonight, but I'll try playing around with the 7 box tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. Sorry that it's being a pain, Iron.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

die,die,die .... can i just shoot it with my sergeant repulsor rifle and heavy thumper... pleeaase???? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I had this problem too using window 7. Will try the methods and see if i play on it later. Thanks.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I use windows 7 and it works fine. Do you have a router?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I use windows 7 and it works fine. Do you have a router?
    yes have netgear ng+ router off satellite modem.... i set all to allow for star legends still will not connect loads up just will not connect to server. :frustrated:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It will always load up fine (provided graphics card, updates and everything is in order)
    This is becasue the game starts up and downloads on port 80. this port is your computers connection to the world on the internet, all web browsing, downloads etc go through port 80.

Other programs like messengers, games, torrent clients etc will use ports 1 - 55000.

Software you have to protect your PC will get in the way of those ports. The biggest and most annoying program in the world is Norton Anti Virus. If your new to computers and you have this on your computer you may as well kill yourself now.

For everyone else, its probably a firewall of some kind, or system manager like system mechanic or windows firewall that is "protecting" your computer by blocking Star Legends. And, even when you close it if you Ctrl-Alt+del or run task manager you will still see it there.... protecting you..

Step 1. If you have read everything else and got to hear and nothing works, is to find out what program is blocking your ports and Google search "How to stop ****** from running at start up." or if your a kid, just ask your dad to fix it and you'll get him a beer from the fridge!

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Lol nope not kid... Hehe built computer myself this year.. just not good at networking with web. SL devs says it is probably vto do with proxy... Will find out how i am a quick learner... And no norton just win security firewalls and essentials. This is my play computer for games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

OKAY GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS .... IT IS NOT A PROXY PROBLEM... WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF REASONS WHY I STILL GET UH-OH MESSAGE.... FIREWALLS OFF PORT 4060 ENABLE ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS OFF NOT RUNNING ON A PROXY... USING WINDOWS 7 64BIT ON A AMD 965 BLACK QUAD CORE CPU ASUS F90X SABERTOOTH MOTHERBOARD WITH 16GB DDR3 1866MHZ RAM...SATILITE INTERNET CONNECTION WITH MODEM PLUGGED TO A NETGEAR Ng+ GIGABYTE ROUTER CONNECT BY 10/100 ETHERNET CABLE ....BROWSER DEFAULT IS GOOGLE CHROME AND UPDATED. ALL OTHER PLUG IN'S AND BROWSER GAMES SEEM TO WORK FINE.