Thread: Was the arcane 66 dread bow nerf necessary? (PvE)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Was the arcane 66 dread bow nerf necessary? (PvE)

I know it has been a while since the bow was buffed then nerfed immediately after but I have seen enough dragon staff and immortal corruption staff procs since then to come to question the nerf on this bow.

We all know bows are lacking in stats so at least they could make up in proc for what they lack in stats, yes? This theory became fact when the dread bow was buffed. At last, the rogue class received a dragon staff/immortal corruption equivalent (it didn't penetrate the lich corvis's shield like the staff counterparts but we were satisfied). Sadly, this gift didn't last long, soon after, the bow was nerfed because it was "ignoring armor". Sure, in the perspective of PvP, this was a big deal and needed fixing, but was this the correct PvE decision?

When you look at the dragon hunter staffs or the immortal corruption staffs, they are practically doing the equivalent in terms of proc in PvE (you may call it DoT but that is one heck of a DoT! If the DoT of these staff procs are not ignoring armor, I see no problem with the dread bow pre-nerf (PvE wise)). The funny thing is that you can kill a mausoleum floor six boss (even the lich corvis) faster by clicking auto attack with one of those staffs than you can versus a (stationary) player in PvP. So is it safe to assume these staff procs were made to be less effective in PvP than PvE? If so, please apply the same to the dread bow.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-27-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

For the sake of anyone wanting a chance at a timed raid banner, you better hope this is addressed soon otherwise if you are not a dragon staff/immortal corruption staff wielding mage...give up now.

@Developers- You should take a look at these two staffs. The raid map is literally impossible without them. I'm not asking for a nerf on these staffs. I'm asking for a buff on the dread bow (PvE wise) so it can at least be equivalent in terms of proc.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-27-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

better ask them to fix normal pierser and nox's initial damage in m5-6

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

they doesnt listen usual players (only old elite PROs), just closed thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...45#post2757145

what reason to use dmg weapon if u can damage only by 1 skill, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    they doesnt listen usual players (only old elite PROs), just closed thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...45#post2757145

what reason to use dmg weapon if u can damage only by 1 skill, lol
    From what it looks like, I assume a fix for the shadow pierce skill should be coming at some point.

I just think they were too hard on the dread bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    For the sake of anyone wanting a chance at a timed raid banner, you better hope this is addressed soon otherwise if you are not a dragon staff/immortal corruption staff wielding mage...give up now.

@Developers- You should take a look at these two staffs. The raid map is literally impossible without them. I'm not asking for a nerf on these staffs. I'm asking for a buff on the dread bow (PvE wise) so it can at least be equivalent in terms of proc.
    immo staff is actually not very effective, due to those black big guardian guy respawn almost instantly after banished...
    If you wana nerf immo staff then nerf aimshot, mage better for pve rogue pvp common sense
    Last edited by Irg; 11-27-2017 at 12:14 PM.

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Use hex staff in raid mages!!!!!!!!! xD
    If you like ppl yelling at you ofc....
    It’s trilling!!! “After reconn will I be dead? Alive? Disconnected?!?!” XD XD XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    immo staff is actually not very effective, due to those black big guardian guy respawn almost instantly after banished...
    If you wana nerf immo staff then nerf aimshot, mage better for pve rogue pvp common sense
    Who's asking for a nerf on what now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I don't see why we're comparing apples to oranges. But yes, rogues in general need more boss killing power than a dragon staff. As for mobs, would be nice to see a bow or dagger than could banish too.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Thank goodness I saw this thread. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I get really upset when I see lich looming on the horizon...the feeling of helplessness is overwhelming. What makes it worse is despite the poor proc my bow still carries on screeching. Maybe it's screaming through sheer frustration. Or maybe that's me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I miss being able to run the raid map without the NEED for a dragon staff or immortal corruption staff mage i.e. when the dread bow was useful.

+1 to reversing the dread bow nerf in pve

And in terms of PvP...glowstik removed the dread bow proc anyway since it was a DOT. I never once lost a duel to a dread bow rogue even before the nerf because despite the proc, dread bow rogues are actually quite squishy.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 11-28-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'd also inquire why the bows nowadays have such weak stats. Before bows had more dmg but far less DPS than daggers. Now it is rare to see anyone using a bow.
    I remember I traded arcane daggers and staff lv66 for a bow, hoping that my damage would be insane. Unfortunately my damage went drastically lower. (By drastically I mean -1,300 damage.) This was pre-buff, did not have any arcane gear after the dread bow buff was released.

- guess my question is: Why do daggers have better damage, better dps, better armour (better everything more or less) than bow? I suppose it's because bow is ranged but daggers can hit multiple targets per attack so it's hardly a balance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

And by the way immo bow has less power in mauso as well. In all the other maps creeping death hits make the boss rooted, but in mauso bosses just keep runnin.

But im not a fan of tweaking expensive weapons procs 3 times per week.

Why not just make new bunch of weaps with proper AOE proc for mage and SINGLE DAMAGE proc for rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

The dread bows stats are extremely inferior to the shivs so at least the proc should be able to win right? Wrong. A 2000 damage absorbing shield easily beats a weak dot that can be negated by pets.

Name:  IMG_20171128_163653_108.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  266.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171128_163548_485.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  258.4 KB

The bow is literally beaten in every section.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-28-2017 at 11:39 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Neither Shivs does good damage in M5 and above . I think it is good for pvp only ( I am not PVP player ) Rogues were meant for boss damage and mages for massive damage on mobs. Now rogue PVE abilities are kind of nerfed at lvl 66.

Often I clear up to maus4 and mages and warrior make their own parties and leave to M5. Rogue is last preferred in M5 and above despite 4K plus damage. I hope sts balance this status on weapons and skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I actually like to use arc shiv on m6 over drag blades/immo bow/ dreadbow. I hated it using it in the beginning but if u run with other rogues it is op

Call me a nab but it is insane dps and better in every way compared to any other rogue weapon. I personally believe this weapon will come in extremely handy in the upcoming expansion.

I like to use arc bow 66 m6 too.

My strategy:you clear very fast with this strategy
    War to pull mobs and perhaps immo sword for the banish
    2 mages with banish proc
    1 rogue to pick of the ones left instead of with arc 66 daggers

instead of the typical

war pulls
    rogue uses drag daggers and stuns all
    mage use immo
    mage uses flame/drag

sorry for going off topics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I think a dread bow proc buff and future bow procs to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than their dagger counterparts would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-29-2017 at 08:15 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I think a dread bow proc buff and future bow procs to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than their dagger counterparts would be greatly appreciated.
    Twink awakenings was a necessary scaling or nerf but didn’t happen and the bow was unnecessary but happened , so I wouldn’t be so shocked , I know this sounded rude, but I’m no Shakespeare so I could find a kinder way to put this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw someone trading his dread bow to immo bow + gold, ofc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I recall the bow was nerfed for ignoring armor so maybe 'explosions ignore 30% armor' or 'explosions have a chance to ignore armor'? Problem solved.