Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild ranks/Guild raiding/Guild hall and Emotes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Guild ranks/Guild raiding/Guild hall and Emotes

Hey, there! I ran into Gamertag in-game today and he had several suggestions to pass-along (he's a little too busy with his guild and real-life to get on the forums to post much).

1. New/Additional guild ranks:
    Founder - Has all the current powers of a GM--promotes, demotes, recruits, etc.
    Leader - Same as above, but cannot remove either the Founder or Co-leaders.
    Co-leader - since many of the guilds have more than one leader, this might be a nice rank to have. Yes, they can be officers, but this would make them instantly recognizable as a leader in the guild. Same powers as a Leader.
    Officer - Can both recruit and remove, but possibly have an alert go to the Leader/Co-leader/Founder group that requires one of their approval for the removal to actually take place.
    Council or Councillor - for guilds that are run by a leader + Council. Possibly they can have a chat channel like /c to communicate.
    Recruiters - recruit but cannot remove.

And would it be possible for ranks to show up in-game? Something like Name-FDL for founder, Name-L for Leader/Co-Leader, Name-C for council member, Name-O for officer and Name-R for recruiter. This would make it easier for people in game to join a guild if they could tell who had that ability or not.

When PvP comes into the game, how about the ability to raid another guild hall? If a guild stash is implemented, perhaps a small “raid stash” becomes available to be looted by a raiding guild--some small percentage of credits, say, or stashed yellow items. And/or--have the “raid stash” hold a flag or item for the raiding guild to capture. Those could be used for a Leaderboard stat like “Most Guild Flags Captured”. A guild who’s flag was stolen would be able to capture it back from the other guild’s “raid stash” gaining a point, while the guild that lost it would lose an LB point.

The raids would be more for bragging rights (or possible LB position) than trying to remove big whacks of credits or valuable items (other than a flag) from another guild. Possibly even a purchasable guild hall or charter strictly for those guilds that want to get involved in raiding. Without the hall or charter, not only could your guild hall not be attacked, but you wouldn’t be able to attack another. And there would need to be a timer so that if X hall is raided, it becomes unavailable to be raided again for X amount of time.

3. I know it's been mentioned before, but both the emotes and the guild halls need an upgrade. Importing the emotes available in PL would be great! And it'd be nice if we could decorate the guild halls to make them more personalized.

There you have it! From him to me to you. :
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I will respectfully disagree with more guild ranks. I think the Recruiter rank was a great addition. However, there's always a lot of guild drama due to ranks so adding more of them might just fuel the fire even more. Maybe just add a feature of having more than one guild master since having multiple GMs is becoming a trend now.

I love the idea of guild hall raids though.

And I do agree that we need more emotes in game. SL has been out for quite some time now, and adding more variety would be great.

Guild halls need a revamp too, yes. If I were to pay 100 plat for something, it should have at least have some extra features.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Great ideas!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great ideas love them all, props to gamertag for the ideas!! lets hope the devs see this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Great ideas!!
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Good ideas

i like the ideas of guild ranks, i realy miss that to, cause im mostly trying to organize stuff, and some ppl never know where to go to if they have problem with officer, our leader will get spammed at.

about pvp, i dont like pvp but thats personal so i dont realy mind, something i also realy miss is a guild bank i can dump my greens. and others can use them, also this might need to get in ranks to so just joined member cant rob the guild banks, (they need an other rank for it) . thats about it, btw. im still pleased with the chat update thanks

"oh btw" i do miss a sit emotion, cause every one always standing, but i would like to sit on ground in guild hall to with chats.
    Last edited by shade634; 10-30-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Definetly lovin the raid idea. And the halls do need a facelift. Sometimes i feel like hall 1 is the best cuz u get a robot to mess around with. Hall 3 is just too bland. Slap a fountain in there or something. Or multiple floors like the area of the blackstar base but u can actually go down them.

Also, the officers are bleeding for some kind of message board to get info from the gm's. Not all members have access to the guild forums let alone settle with some of the lag and bug issues.

A public stash would be cool too but a member could place a "hold" for an item and the person who put it in the stash has to approve of it. For a member who has left an item in too long, the item is in control of the gm.

Probably should post my own thread but u just ignited some ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

For guilds that dont recruit much, the recruiter rank is practically useless, and there is a requirement for at least another two additional guild rank, at a level just below GM for running and managing the guild, and one for a smaller core section of the officers who discuss and take certain decisions, temp members 1-2 weeks who can use guild discounts and guild hall but not guild chat

For the guild halls, there can be plat or dropped items that any member can add to the guild hall? this will also give some sort of individuality to guild halls... this can turn chaotic tho if the gm or higher rank members dont control whats in or out
    Last edited by Slant; 10-31-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I thought a little more about guild stash raids, here are my ideas.

-Stash Guards
    Purchase NPC's to permanitly guard your stash (well until they die). You will be able to purchase NPC's such as Vulvars, Juicers, Guardians ect...
    -No reviving
    Once a player dies they're eliminated from the raid
    -Max group size of 24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Silentarrow has a good idea on guild raids but not everyone will be online at once so let's take a person when he's not online make an AI version and send that instead so that the odds are equal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol haha thats a good one, maybe the first 10 guilds to tackle a new boss get to keep it as an npc to guard their guild stash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol that would be kool but unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanseven View Post
    Lol that would be kool but unfair
    How? 24 people on a couple of Guardians doens't seem to hard!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

and I miss how easy it was to wave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ya 24 people would be easy but can't put 24 probably cause of lag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanseven View Post
    Ya 24 people would be easy but can't put 24 probably cause of lag
    Possibly.... Maybe reduce it to 5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sure five but at least make it easier to beat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default off topic

ok now we are getting a litle off topic. so dont talk about raiding only there is more in post above. (else consider making a new topic for it) so i dont have to check all raid post.

i do like the ideas of the ranks in guild. and a guildstash as i said before would be nice to.

and finaly i hear more ppl are missing a sit emotion. cause standing all the time isnt always nice. would be fun for in guildhall meetings to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'm sorry Can but I dislike guild vs guild PVP without consent. Maybe if it had to be ok-ed by the leader before the raid starts. Prevents griefing.

Other ideas look good.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange