Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaderboard identification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default leaderboard identification.

Being on the leaderboards is one of the hardest achievements in the game and only a select few will make it onto them, so why not reward these individuals with a vanity or tag that identifies them as being on leaderboards.

Maybe like a vanity like star guard but with LB or a helm thatis a crown anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Not a bad idea at all. My only thought is that once people realize there are vanities involved, there will be a lot of movement on the LB's.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No need for that. The leaderboard its self is what identifies them as being on the leaderboard. And I'm sure there is a lot unfairly on the leaderboard, especially in PL.
    so it's not a good idea to reward them for something they don't truely deserve.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post
    No need for that. The leaderboard its self is what identifies them as being on the leaderboard. And I'm sure there is a lot unfairly on the leaderboard, especially in PL.
    The kill boosting that was enabled in PL for a year+ was removed from SL on day one, so anyone who is on the leaderboards (LB) pretty much did the work. The term unfair is a bit misleading though. Players that have been around since the game moved out of beta have a distinct advantage over others since they were able to farm kills at cap in lower levels in comparison to what players have to do now. Things like the LB remain pretty stagnate once some amass enough kills/death to set themselves apart from the crowd.

The only reason that I'm against this is that enhancers boost stats. You can kill more, faster and die less all by putting money into the game. It would be essentially buying the LB vanity. I imagine there are players that actually have the time to contend with some of those on the LB without having to use the buffs, but it's much easier with them. I know I fly through maps solo with the free daily, I can only imagine how bolstered my ratio would be if I were on them all the time. I guess it could be a sound move for STS since it should boost plat spent all for chasing the vanity item. I mostly don't care one way or the other since I know that I'll never be on any aspect of the LB.

One question though; does the player lose the item if they are removed from the LB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post
    so it's not a good idea to reward them for something they don't truely deserve.
    I agree, and during beta my friend "xXDamonDXx" was always on leaderboard....wow, just wow...i was only on a few time...then poof, "nevermore" lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I agree, and during beta my friend "xXDamonDXx" was always on leaderboard....wow, just wow...i was only on a few time...then poof, "nevermore" lol
    I was on them again after the reset. Then I quit SL and got over took. But still i wouldnt want a reward for being on them. I did use elixers quite a bit and it would not be fair on those who can't buy them. But thats just my opinion on elixers not making lb fair.
    Last edited by xXDamonDXx; 11-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elixers are apart of the game, should people who used elixers not get arbiter helm?

And either way someone has still put in the effort to kill say 100000 creatures. So reward should be, as no one looks at the leaderboards, so its just another way to get recognition for the work you've put in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellzangel View Post
    Elixers are apart of the game, should people who used elixers not get arbiter helm?

And either way someone has still put in the effort to kill say 100000 creatures. So reward should be, as no one looks at the leaderboards, so its just another way to get recognition for the work you've put in.
    By work do you mean sitting down on a couch and playing a video game for 12 hours a day?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a funny guy! And if someone wants to play for 12 hours a day, its there freedom of choice to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I was the leaderboards fighting it out for 3rd overall and top com against BazookaJoe haha it was short lived though a few weeks tops.

Damon was a Beast!! There was no way to catch up id get 1st or 2nd overall then the next day id be 3rd again hehe they were the days then i stumbled upon him in PL tearing that up too

On Topic: How would these be given out? As soon as someone hits 1st 2nd 3rd overall they get one? What's stopping players dropping there spot to help friends on to get this 'Vanity'? also that would be alot of vanity.

Have to agree with Damon on this one, isn't having a LB in the first place enough recognition?

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellzangel View Post
    What a funny guy! And if someone wants to play for 12 hours a day, its there freedom of choice to do so.
    I never said I haven't done it. I'm just saying that calling it " hard work " is not exactly the right terminology for having fun playing vids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the idea, pot users or not, the argument that people will be "buying" this vanity is a very weak one, since there are other vanitys that can only be purchased through plat. So i dont see what the big deal is. Fact is in order to maintain leaderboard you need to be playing hard every day. I think that deserves a reward. And if it boosts plat sales and sts makes more money, then even better since more $= Better Content!
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

My only concern is what happens when the person gets beat on the leaderboard. Do they keep the vanity or not? Do they get it taken away.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

When PvP comes, and people are boosting their KD for a fancy helm, it'll ruin the entire thing IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Being on the leaderboards isn't "hard."
    Only thing "hard" is the K/D ratio, and let's be real, if you plat the first 1-2 levels of a map, you're not likely to die unless you mess up or you get a really unlucky combo of crits hit on you.
    But calling it a "hard" achievement isn't correct.

The actual game itself isn't hard. PVE isn't hard. The last level of each campaign isn't even very hard, and I'm willing to bet most people on the KDR leaderboards avoid those maps like the plague.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yup they likely have alts for farming gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

i think, if ppl got vanities for being on leaderboards, it'd be cool, yes, but then everyone would just do it for the vanities, not b/c they actually want on the leaderboards.

PROUD OFFICER OF IMMORTALS
    Let's get our Viking on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Don't put vanitys it'll make people want to get up to the top for greed and not for the recognition of being the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Have just like a shoulder pin like the star guards have it would be cool... And when you fall off the board you loose it... And different pins for each catagory like a skull for most deaths, a crown for most kills and so on. It would be a nice reward that you wouldnt see many of as it will always only be with players that are on a boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Leader board is a recognition. It doesn't need any more.

Its already a reward.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan