Thread: The game now...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    First off, I want to mention how ridiculous of a grind it is inbetween levels. Sure, the dailies help a great amount, but after a certain level, it starts to feel like pressing imaginary buttons on your wall. On top of that, there is almost nobody leveling up at the same time so you’d be lucky to even find a leveling buddy.
    I 100% back this up. There are reasons why more people back then have reached cap than people who do now. Even though we only received 1xp per mob, it went pretty quickly because the xp reqs were low and reachable. Then the final level had 10x the reqs, which actually seems better than the way it is now.

The level between -for example- 30 to 31 at least had a combination of other people leveling, and endgame farmers. So you always zone in with people, and the low stat gap between them didnt make the 31s leave when 30s joined the zone.

You mentioned how impossible it is to gear yourself for pvp... I agree with you 100%. To the average player, it is indeed impossible. My new account from late December has purchased over 20,000 plat, and I am not even CLOSE to being well-geared. I don’t have a 15m heroic pet, I don’t have the 100m arcane artifact, my equipment awakenings are only close to par, and heck, I’m still stuck with superb jewels. You would think that after one pays a hefty amount of 20k+ plat, they’d at least be close to geared. I know that to a lot of people, 20k plat is nothing, but seriously... do the math. It is outrageous and frustrating now that I see it, that it would cost you well over a $1000 on a video game to be ALMOST decently geared.
    I'm thinking about how hard it is even for people completely new to the game. I've made secret accounts starting from scratch and its a PAIN to acquire any decent amount of gold to buy what you need. Sure you get maybe a handful of potions and free legendaries the first 10 levels, but that free level 10 legendary can only get you very far. And a new player is going to be chugging pot like no tomorrow so most of the gold they get will be spent on pots and pet food for Barney. Sure it's manageable for some to get to- or at least close to cap, but what do they do then? Keep farming gold drops in ydra using shazbot elixirs to save up money for a leprechaun pendant in this already inflated economy?

@Nightwatched
    I want you to know that you can just ignore all the irrelevant posts and that you’re not alone. You have a great point... people, myself included, absolutely love this game. Why else would this be my third or fourth time returning to the game? I can say honestly that I have never had more fun playing another game than AL. Unfortunately, that was long ago... the game right now is actually depressing. I’m not really a pve player, but what do you guys do? Run the same map everyday? Wow... nice.... and for us folks that pvp. You wanna know what I do? I visit all the other pvp players’ taverns and sit and chat the whole time I’m online. Sounds fun, doesn’t it?

Justg stated that many things are going to happen this year, and I honestly hope it’s for the best, because all I’m doing right now is selling my 20k+ plat worth of gear because I can sit naked and chat all day long. Thanks for making this post.
    150% Agreed. I came back a week ago after a several month hiatus, and i dont even know what i can do, and reaching cap seems very lackluster and discouraging atm.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zylx; 01-23-2018 at 05:50 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: