Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Most desired rare pets/ items?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    This is rude, when all the devs are trying to do is to keep the game fun for us.

STS did not run out of ideas, it takes a very creative mind to keep one game so popular for years and years. As mentioned by the devs, there is new content for the lovecraft event. While the devs prepare new content, they wish to fill up the little gaps with mini-events to keep us on our toes and enjoying the game-play, which I think is a very bright idea. It takes a bright mind to persistently try to innovate.

The handful of 'merchants' who type hateful comments such as we want something new why you run out of idea sts, are just attempting to shame the devs into not releasing their hoarded items.

As observed there are broadly 3 types of players in AL- the farmers who run elites and mausoleum, the platinum buyers who can afford to and do buy platinum to enhance their gameplay and support the game, and the hoarders who exist to spam in towns and reap profits from hoarding. It is totally a personal opinion and I but I do believe hoarding/manipulating prices springs from a toxic attitude.

I completely understand the strong hate coming from a handful of forumers. I even got a laugh from imagining some of you on your rickety chairs typing furiously all over the thread with a frown on your brows that is a mix of panic and anger.

On the surface, it may seem like the small fraction of hoarders who hate the idea of popular vanities returning are just connoisseurs of creative art. If artwork was appreciated, one would be totally ok with releasing them with new modifications. Now that would be a healthy attitude. But no just aesthetic love and appreciation for the vanity is not that which angers the hoarder.

There is something deeper involved I believe, and that is purely a personal opinion. Hoarding means that fraction is trying to resell stuff for millions and millions and never have to actually play the game or buy platinum or farm for their gold. What does a toxic hoarder do with the hundreds of millions of gold anyway? My guess is that the gold is sold through third-party platforms. With the dollar strengthening I am sure in some areas of the world, a few dollars is all they need to feed themselves.

STS has 100% right to release any item in the game, to re-paint it neon after 1 hour, and release it every other hour after that. They can and should probe at what players in general want. This game like all games is intended to be FUN for the majority. If it must be a business, it should only be so for the game's developers.

A merchant is one who sells his loot or crafted item. A merchant is legit. On the other hand a toxic hoarder in the garb of merching is buying all popular things in AL then plans and plots with friends to manipulate prices, sell stuff at exorbitant rates to players and perhaps even resell this gold (why else would he hoard gold like his life depends on it? prolly because his REAL life does literally depend on it). It is organized crime, albeit at a very tiny level. Nobody has to agree and flak is expected and welcome.
    It isn't rude to tell my opinion. And I've spend a lot of money for that game in the last 5 years. I opened a lot of nightmare lockeds to get my gold to afford medusa again, so it's totally normal that I'm not amused to hear I wasted about 150m and a lot of money.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherenah For This Useful Post: