Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PC Pocket Legends.

I have a few questions.

1. When the PC version is released, will there be an Anti-Cheat system in place?

As the game grows larger I am noticing the increase of annoying players. More beggars, scammers, whiners, jerks, etc. These people are usually the ones responsible for "______ HACKS" being at the top of a Google search suggestion. I'm not aware of the current profit pool the Dev's can use on PL, so I'm not asking for a huge company like Punkbuster or Hack Shield, but will there be anything? Something with minimal coding that has the ability to at least negate Cheat Engine because I've only come across a scarce amount of members with the ability to code a language. So if Cheat Engine is blocked I am sure there will be no problems in this area.

2. When it is released, will it be for PC, Mac, or both?

I personally have a PC and I'm pretty sure the release will be for PC initially, but I would like to know if it will be available on Mac's as well. I'm positive some players have Mac's and would be interested to know if they could play as well.

3. Botting - Similar to my first question.

Botting is always an issue in any MMO. There isn't any full proof method that I've seen in my years of gaming to prevent this other than Moderators and helpful members who report.

4. In Game Moderators!

With a PC MMO's there is almost always moderators that are hired or voluntarily chosen to become moderators in the game. They are usually the Guinea pigs for the Developers, Event holders, and semi-average players with the ability to blow your account to kingdom-come. I would like to know if any in game moderators will be in the game. I would like to see more events because they usually turn up positive results and make the game way fun. Especially since there is a PvP system in place, I see this as one method to fixing the lack of PvP games in PL as well.

Feel free to ask your own questions in this thread about the PC release if any one else has some questions I didn't mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67
    Actually headshot gives 75 xp...

...IN MODERN COMBAT 2 BLACK PEGASUS LOL!!!!!!
    IGN: MurdocX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Well, my guess is that the game will have a improved auto ban system. The game can detect large gaps of gold gain or items received. But that might cause a problem because you can buy gold with plat... So yeah, I wonder if the system they
    Use can tell the difference.

Then since this game was made for the iPod first, I bet a Mac version will be in the works.

In looking forward of making movies and recording gameplay when PL is release on PC.

But yeah, on the PC I hope the skills are keybinded and I wonder how the walking function work.
    I would would want it to be on the arrow keys and the s a d w keys also. Moving the camera should be done my the mouse. Or we can click to walk.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To help deter bots and hacks that come with it, as well as promote the "pocket" in Pocket Legends... make it so that in order to play the PC version you have to purchase it with platinum. Make the PC be an extension of the mobile devices, not become the new main way to access the client.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see why they want to make the game multi platform. Its a way of pushing the envelope. However if you just released pocket legends for pc initially and not on mobile... i doubt anyone would play it, and that makes the direction PL is taking a gamble. Where this will go is anyones guess. Maybe it will bring huge attention to the game, or maybe it will go no where.

Either way there is no way around the fact that once the game hits the PC, the mobile version will in many ways become marginalized. Pocket legends runs the danger of no longer being "Hot new mmorpg for a phone!" but instead becoming "that mmorpg (sorta) that you can play on your phone when you aren't at home or not doing something difficult in game.... but compared to other pc mmorpg's has no where near the same graphics, capabilities or content, and its not free." Moving it to android was just plain smart. Releasing the PC client is a big wild card.

In theory the iphone and android PL market shouldn't be affected, and no one is going to look for a PC mmorpg and want to play PL, so it can be assumed that phone users will seek out the game. I personally think it will bring attention to the game but also turn off many players who don't want to play on their PC (most probably cause they have better games on their PC already), or have macs, or simply realize that they can't perform as well as the players using actual computers on their phones. If you think the Booting players out of games is outrageous now, just wait until players start booting you cause you are on a phone; why would anyone want to play with someone who can't easily communicate or function well compared to you?

overall, the PC client will probably be good for the company, but either a side note or bad for the mobile application. Time will tell. Of course while all this development is going on, the actual game itself is not being developed at the same pace as it was, the class/skill/equipment system is suffering and there is very little endgame content.

But hey, for game companies, some times you got to go all in and roll the dice. Hopefully, with time, a better game will come as a result.
    Last edited by Azrael; 11-01-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

As far as in game moderators, I have the same opinion as with forum player moderators. I would only trust employees of STS to do this job not players no matter how popular on the forums or in game.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I see why they want to make the game multi platform. Its a way of pushing the envelope. However if you just released pocket legends for pc initially and not on mobile... i doubt anyone would play it, and that makes the direction PL is taking a gamble. Where this will go is anyones guess. Maybe it will bring huge attention to the game, or maybe it will go no where.

Either way there is no way around the fact that once the game hits the PC, the mobile version will in many ways become marginalized. Pocket legends runs the danger of no longer being "Hot new mmorpg for a phone!" but instead becoming "that mmorpg (sorta) that you can play on your phone when you aren't at home or not doing something difficult in game.... but compared to other pc mmorpg's has no where near the same graphics, capabilities or content, and its not free." Moving it to android was just plain smart. Releasing the PC client is a big wild card.

In theory the iphone and android PL market shouldn't be affected, and no one is going to look for a PC mmorpg and want to play PL, so it can be assumed that phone users will seek out the game. I personally think it will bring attention to the game but also turn off many players who don't want to play on their PC (most probably cause they have better games on their PC already), or have macs, or simply realize that they can't perform as well as the players using actual computers on their phones. If you think the Booting players out of games is outrageous now, just wait until players start booting you cause you are on a phone; why would anyone want to play with someone who can't easily communicate or function well compared to you?

overall, the PC client will probably be good for the company, but either a side note or bad for the mobile application. Time will tell. Of course while all this development is going on, the actual game itself is not being developed at the same pace as it was, the class/skill/equipment system is suffering and there is very little endgame content.

But hey, for game companies, some times you got to go all in and roll the dice. Hopefully, with time, a better game will come as a result.
    I thoroughly agree with this. It's very risky for PL indeed, and i would actually prefer if they kept the game to smartphones alone. Despite probably having more income, the consequence is they have to deal with more problems like hacking and botting.

I just hope that this doesn't turn out for the worst
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

From the article linked here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...rms-One-Server
    “The PC client is more of an effort to support the mobile users,” explained Gary
    So I'm wondering if it will be a no plat situation on PC, so you can only play past level 18 if you have a supported mobile device...

Edit: In fact, looking at that again, it mentions using the device as a control for the PC client. Wouldn't it be interesting if it were a display only client...
    Last edited by Royce; 11-02-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    Well, my guess is that the game will have a improved auto ban system. The game can detect large gaps of gold gain or items received. But that might cause a problem because you can buy gold with plat... So yeah, I wonder if the system they
    Use can tell the difference.

Then since this game was made for the iPod first, I bet a Mac version will be in the works.

In looking forward of making movies and recording gameplay when PL is release on PC.

But yeah, on the PC I hope the skills are keybinded and I wonder how the walking function work.
    I would would want it to be on the arrow keys and the s a d w keys also. Moving the camera should be done my the mouse. Or we can click to walk.
    The WASD keys have worn off on my Alienware... Maybe i play too much counterstrike?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PL= Pocket Legends. its name is for iproducts. why would u make it for pc? -.- u want to make it biger so that more new gener players will get here?
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    PL= Pocket Legends. its name is for iproducts. why would u make it for pc? -.- u want to make it biger so that more new gener players will get here?
    *cough*radicalee*cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

another vote for a mac version...
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely love the idea of moderators, with special colour name tags and emotions. Having active in game moderators is what draws me to certain games. With the anti hack thing I'm sure something would be in place to prevent hackers. The programming staff are not dumb. What you have to ask yourself is where would you see pocket legends in six or twelve months time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that the Dev's are thinking that the PC version will bring in more people to the mobile version. Just think people would start on the PC and then purchase a mobile device to play the game on. So it sounds pretty solid as I don't think that people will migrate from mobile to PC, not the other way around. I know for a fact that I wont be playing the pc version to much unless my phone is charging or I'm at work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    To help deter bots and hacks that come with it, as well as promote the "pocket" in Pocket Legends... make it so that in order to play the PC version you have to purchase it with platinum. Make the PC be an extension of the mobile devices, not become the new main way to access the client.
    I actually really like that idea. In other words, it insures that the only users playing the PC client will be average, plat buying, dedicated players. Then, if caught cheating, you can be cut from it on a fingers notice because access is given through that plat purchase. All they would have to do is revoke the purchase. Then you would have to pay again just to have access again, assuming an IP or Hardware ban wasn't issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post

I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

I do think a PC version will help advance PL further though. Simply because patching, testing, and updating PC games is much less of a task than doing so on a mobile device. Reason being that they have to work on the patch, convert it to what ever language the apple device reads, then test it on the device to see if it works or not. However, if they have a PC version available they can spend less time converting and worrying over compatibility issues and just perfect the patch until it runs smoothly on PC then convert to the devices.

It could back fire though, two platforms (excluding android devices) means increased likeliness of compatibility issues with every new expansion or patch.

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    As far as in game moderators, I have the same opinion as with forum player moderators. I would only trust employees of STS to do this job not players no matter how popular on the forums or in game.
    I said usually hired, in other words STS staff. However I have seen gaming companies hold applications for eligible players to become possible moderators by going through a trial period (temp mod). Actually, I was a temp mod a long time ago for a game called 2 Moons. And payment doesn't always have to be done, you can simply be a moderator under a legal contract, so if you mis-use your role say hello the the court system.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    I doubt the graphics will me OMGZORSIKASDMKAWD on the PC. If I was a random kid looking for a new MMO and I came acrossed PC PL and a game like LoL, i'd pick the more appealing of the two. The PC is simply an extension for those crazy sons a bishes who play for hours on end in a little corner with their outlet powered charger on their device.

Quote Originally Posted by Happytodd View Post
    I absolutely love the idea of moderators, with special colour name tags and emotions. Having active in game moderators is what draws me to certain games. With the anti hack thing I'm sure something would be in place to prevent hackers. The programming staff are not dumb. What you have to ask yourself is where would you see pocket legends in six or twelve months time.
    SEE! Someone understands my point! In-game moderators are a HUGE attraction (assuming their not assholes) for a lot of games! Every time a moderator logs on a billion people hoard them with screen shots and boasting like, "Yeah... me and him... we're cool. We're like brothers" lol. Sometimes they have rare items (not unfair rare, like cool or altered looking rare) items they give at random to members. They host PvP events or hide-and-go-find-me events, etc. Overall it's just a great idea for any game, never fails to make players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
    I think that the Dev's are thinking that the PC version will bring in more people to the mobile version. Just think people would start on the PC and then purchase a mobile device to play the game on. So it sounds pretty solid as I don't think that people will migrate from mobile to PC, not the other way around. I know for a fact that I wont be playing the pc version to much unless my phone is charging or I'm at work
    I agree pretty much with everything, plus they could have a solid advertising statement like,
    "PC at home? Got an Android or Apple device? Feel sorry for those pathetic suckers who can't play their favorite MMO on their FREAKING MOBILE DEVICE. OH YEAH! You want mob ownage while eating a donut in your car in the middle of NO WHERE? YOU GOT IT! PLAY PL TODAY!"

Too much coffee.. my bad. Need it to get me through my day lol...
    Last edited by MurdocX; 11-02-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just hope for a mac version since my only real gripe about PL as a game is it drains my iPhone 4 (my preferred way to play) like nobody's business. iPad I can play a lot longer, but I prefer the easier to hold form factor of the iPhone if I can.
    Mac version would let me play on my MBP at home without killing my iPhone battery. i suppose i could boot into my Windows installation, but i prefer to stay in the MacOS environment unless I am having to go into Windows for some work related things.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    *cough*radicalee*cough*
    *cough* exactly *cough*
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If devs use HEX There will be hackz
    /Vyvin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvin View Post
    If devs use HEX There will be hackz
    /Vyvin
    That was one of my worries, depending on how they handle things. However I doubt it will be hex but if so I'm positive it will be a varied form of hex aside from the standard 0 - 1F encryption.

Guess we'll have to wait and see xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played wow since release and managed to be one of the top players in EU..
    If this game attempts to breach onto the PC MMORPG gaming seen it will crash and burn

The main neice in the market this game has is the fact its protable! No one in there right mind is going to play this over games like WOW/WHO/Guildwars etc etc etc...

The main thing that props wow up is the compatative game play in terms of arena or guild raiding this game has a very long way to come before it can compete with such games.

Archyx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think the WoW and other MMO crowd is the target audience for this. I am pretty sure they mean for the PC version to be an additional way to play PL. As I stated before I look forward to it so I don't have to constantly drain down my iPhone battery.
    You are 100% correct that PL can't stand against WoW, but I don't think they are trying to. That being said I am sure alot of WoW and ex-WoW players play PL as it gives them a sort of condensed version of what MMOs are. Basically you have towns and instances...that's about it.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear