Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breogn View Post
    If I'm not mistaken (someone correct me if I am):

Bronze: ~250 points
    Silver: ~1060 points
    Gold: ???
    Platinum: ???

Considering we get 6 points per energy/boss...
    Gold 1870
    Plat 2750

Quite a lot lol

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frynoodlez View Post
    Why not just lower the tier requirements then.......
    Indeed. At this point sts can‘t increase points per boss since some ppl will feel cheated. But they can lower the tier requirements. We get way fewer points than we did in any other event so we need way lower tier requirements IMO.

So much on points.

To mention the token problem:

So at 20 bosses with normal amount of crafted token kits (we need to craft energy as well and crafting those on alt chars can‘t be the real way to go) you will end up owning like 300 tokens (considering that you kill enough mobs to drop enough hearts). Anyways how should we simply get 1500 tokens for ONE DRAW of the new crate? I mean we are supposed to buy other stuff and the loveletters as well, which are 200 tokens each, for ONE prime hugthulu (if you ever reach gold tier before the event is over). That means you need to do 15 runs for one prime hugthulu and then you don‘t have tokens for anything else. That needs to be reworked in my opinion.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    Indeed. At this point sts can‘t increase points per boss since some ppl will feel cheated. But they can lower the tier requirements. We get way fewer points than we did in any other event so we need way lower tier requirements IMO.

So much on points.

To mention the token problem:

So at 20 bosses with normal amount of crafted token kits (we need to craft energy as well and crafting those on alt chars can‘t be the real way to go) you will end up owning like 300 tokens (considering that you kill enough mobs to drop enough hearts). Anyways how should we simply get 1500 tokens for ONE DRAW of the new crate? I mean we are supposed to buy other stuff and the loveletters as well, which are 200 tokens each, for ONE prime hugthulu (if you ever reach gold tier before the event is over). That means you need to do 15 runs for one prime hugthulu and then you don‘t have tokens for anything else. That needs to be reworked in my opinion.
    Ribi back :O

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I cant stop laughing. OP of the thread is already Gold Tier
    Anyway here is the math and why I think 6 points per run is alright:
    Silver tier: 1060 points = 177 runs (around 13 runs per day and you get the banner) = not more than 4 hours a day play time.
    Gold Tier: 1870 = 312 runs (around 23 runs a day) = not more than 5 hours a day play time.
    Plat tier: 2750 = 459 runs (around 33 runs a day) = not more than 7 hours a day play time.

Actual playtime will be way less, the crafting time (be mostly just login>craft>logout), + Essence Farming and Event runs.

Is that too much effort? You want to be plat tier by just playing an hour a day? why play then? just buy the rewards - yeah right the token rewards are untradable (tyvm STS I love you )
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-10-2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Calculation corrected.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Anyway here is the math and why I think the points are alright:
    Silver tier: 1060 points = 106 runs (around 8 runs per day and you get the banner) = not mare than 3 hours a day play time.
    Gold Tier: 1870 = 187 runs (around 14 runs a day) = not more than 4 hours a day play time.
    Plat tier: 2750 = 275 runs (around 20 runs a day) = not more than 5 hours a day play time.

Is that too much effort? You want to be plat tier by just playing an hour a day? why play then? just buy the rewards - yeah right the token rewards are untradable (tyvm STS I love you )
    Bro please recheck what you typed..
    Its wrong.. The Correct calculations are :

Silver tier is 1060pts =176 runs
    Gold tier is way more. 1870pts=312 runs

312 - 176 = 135 runs more from silver to attain gold.

You have listed points/runs one tier down for every tier.
    And yes you have taken 10 points per boss which is EXACTLY why this thread was meant to convey.
    But for you information. At the moment, the each boss scores 6 on the bar.
    Ty.
    Last edited by Nightwatched; 02-10-2018 at 04:05 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightwatched For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatched View Post
    Bro please recheck what you typed..
    Its wrong.. The Correct calculations are :

Silver tier is 1060pts =176 runs
    Gold tier is way more. 1870pts=312 runs

312 - 176 = 135 runs more from silver to attain gold.

You have listed points/runs one tier down for every tier.
    And yes you have taken 10 points per boss which is EXACTLY why this thread was meant to convey.
    But for you information. At the moment, the each boss scores 6 on the bar.
    Ty.
    Yep, my bad was half asleep xD, i made the calculation on 10 instead of 6, so for 6 the math will be:
    Silver tier: 1060 points = 177 runs (around 13 runs per day and you get the banner) = not more than 4 hours a day play time.
    Gold Tier: 1870 = 312 runs (around 23 runs a day) = not more than 5 hours a day play time.
    Plat tier: 2750 = 459 runs (around 33 runs a day) = not more than 7 hours a day play time.

Actual playtime will be way less, the crafting time (be mostly just login>craft>logout), + Essence Farming and Event runs.

But anyway if you see it only increased the play time by an hour, and we are not even considering that from gold to plat we will have Hugthulu prime as well (30+ points). But anyway, that's about it.

My point to be clear to OP was: the ratio is not same as winter event. It required 933 runs or around 20 hours (2hours craft time) of per day play time for Plat tier.

PS: Thanks for the correction, updated main post as well.
    Retired

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Yep, my bad was half asleep xD, i made the calculation on 10 instead of 6, so for 6 the math will be:

But anyway if you see it only increased the play time by an hour, and we are not even considering that from gold to plat we will have Hugthulu prime as well (30+ points). But anyway, that's about it.

My point to be clear to OP was: the ratio is not same as winter event. It required 933 runs or around 20 hours (2hours craft time) of per day play time for Plat tier.

PS: Thanks for the correction, updated main post as well.
    Of course you can play hard and get all but many players will just stop playing if it stays like that. There is a big difference between “possible“ and “reasonable“. Oh and by the way, since this game is meant to (also) make hop on hop off players happy, 33 runs per day is quite a lot.

As for Gold tier 23 runs per day. If you do 23 runs per day, you will end up reaching gold tier, when the event is over. As a result you won‘t have the chance to kill any prime Hugthulu.

If the event is meant for ~10% of the playerbase to be played properly, then it‘s alright.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Of course you can play hard and get all but many players will just stop playing if it stays like that. There is a big difference between “possible“ and “reasonable“. Oh and by the way, since this game is meant to (also) make hop on hop off players happy, 33 runs per day is quite a lot.

As for Gold tier 23 runs per day. If you do 23 runs per day, you will end up reaching gold tier, when the event is over. As a result you won‘t have the chance to kill any prime Hugthulu.

If the event is meant for ~10% of the playerbase to be played properly, then it‘s alright.
    I agree on the part that making Prime spawn only for gold tier is kinda unfair.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

What about platinum tier?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    AnduaN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

i daubt i will reach plat tier this way.
    the event itself is nice. i like that its not boring or too easy but i belive the required points to reach each rank are a bit too much if not too much then i agree that 6 points per boss is very less.
    i like the other boss Merfkin?(forgot its name)
    but exept the daily theres no use of killing it.
    it should be given some points too otherwise a nice idea will be wasted and ignored by all players just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Here is a Tip
    Even though Hugthulu Prime can only be summoned by gold tier, the lower tier players can party the gold tier player to kill him. Prime gives 32 points and 30 tokens.
    So, go ahead craft a love letter and ask your gold tier guidie/friend to help you reach your goals . Good Luck.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Here is a Tip
    Even though Hugthulu Prime can only be summoned by gold tier, the lower tier players can party the gold tier player to kill him. Prime gives 32 points and 30 tokens.
    So, go ahead craft a love letter and ask your gold tier guidie/friend to help you reach your goals . Good Luck.
    So what you're saying is use up all your lovecraft tokens to be able to achieve plat tier? So when you finally are plat tier you won't be able to buy anything else with lovecraft tokens? Yea sounds like a really smart thing to do. Not.
    I'll just copy my own quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Yea as said on other threads, the point rank system for this event is being treated the same way as any other energy based event. The issue with this is that those other energy based events have multiple bosses while this event only mainly has 1(prime not worth mentioning cuz the avarage player will only see this boss once or twice).
    Hopefully it's not too late for STS to reconsider the rank system
    While crafting forged kits can be done faster due the lower CD to craft forged kits, player still need to log on a regular basis and farm energy essense, while this helps the players who spent hours on AL it's pretty inadequate for those who have a more limited time for AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

So what you're saying is use up all your lovecraft tokens to be able to achieve plat tier? So when you finally are plat tier you won't be able to buy anything else with lovecraft tokens? Yea sounds like a really smart thing to do. Not.
    I'll just copy my own quote:
    Hmm let me get this straight... you want everything in this world, you want it your way, and you don't want to put extra efforts. Reality Check
    I don't think I asked you to use all your tokens anywhere in my post. Anyway my post was just a tip to get a boost, no triggers please. TY.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-10-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hmm let me get this straight... you want everything in this world, you want it your way, and you don't want to put extra efforts. Reality Check
    I don't think I asked you to use all your tokens anywhere in my post. Anyway my post was just a tip to get a boost, no triggers please. TY.
    One day when there's a good thing in real life or in game but you not have enough time to invest with to get what you desire you'll think back to this. People often only look at things from only their perspective.
    And it's rather silly of you to think that you can trigger me that easily
    Last edited by Abuze; 02-10-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

gotta agree, this is one hell of a grind. imo just make the Merkel goblin thing drop points and tokens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

One day when there's a good thing in real life or in game but you not have enough time to invest with to get what you desire you'll think back to this.
    Walk in my shoes before you hand me a free advise. My philosophy of life does not include cribbing about the hard/bad situations, I instead find a way to deal with it. Applies to my work, real life or in this case just a game. So, I don't think I will ever look back at this.
    People often only look at things from only their perspective.
    Right back at you. Practice what you preach.
    And it's rather silly of you to think that you can trigger me that easily
    I can see that

PS: For me RL>AL, may be its time you rethink your priorities, peace out and obviously last comment on this chain.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Walk in my shoes before you hand me a free advise. My philosophy of life does not include cribbing about the hard/bad situations, I instead find a way to deal with it. Applies to my work, real life or in this case just a game. So, I don't think I will ever look back at this.

Right back at you. Practice what you preach.

I can see that

PS: For me RL>AL, may be its time you rethink your priorities, peace out and obviously last comment on this chain.
    Lol my dude so much hypocrisy.
    Don't want devs being drama thread *poof* close so I'll stop, I've shared my opinion and plenty more share the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Anyway here is the math and why I think 6 points per run is alright:

I disagree. With all the past events offering casual f2p players the chance to Gold without spending anything on energy, it's kinda hard to believe this is the step in the right direction. 5-7 hours a day just to reach a tier isn't what i call a fair improvement, but the rewards i see for hitting these tiers isn't really a wow-factor, like nightshade from goblin event 2015, so it's hard for me to complain really. But just an FYI, the big grind has always been for the leaderboard rewards if you are into that kind of thing, not for event completion. Lots of people simply just don't have enough time in the day for that. 2-3 hours a day is perfect for plat tier. People will continue grinding the event for crates and whatnot, so it doesn't affect participation in any negative way to lower the parameters to more reasonable values.
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-10-2018 at 11:30 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I disagree. With all the past events offering casual f2p players the chance to Gold without spending anything on energy, it's kinda hard to believe this is the step in the right direction. 5-7 hours a day just to reach a tier isn't what i call a fair improvement, but the rewards i see for hitting these tiers isn't really a wow-factor, like nightshade from goblin event 2015, so it's hard for me to complain really. But just an FYI, the big grind has always been for the leaderboard rewards if you are into that kind of thing, not for event completion. Lots of people simply just don't have enough time in the day for that. 2-3 hours a day is perfect for plat tier. People will continue grinding the event for crates and whatnot, so it doesn't affect participation in any negative way to lower the parameters to more reasonable values.
    You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am
    My point to the OP was: The ratio is not same as winter event. It required 930+ runs (around 20 hours of per day gameplay for Plat tier. Needless to say the rewards on those tiers were not worth. Which changed here.
    I am not a LB player nor I get much time to play, but I understand that is a limitation from my end. The game or the content has nothing to do with it. My 14+ years of MMO experience says that every game ever made is always designed for players dedicated to spend time (f2p/p2p) or money(p2w) in the game.
    Retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ok, maybe the ratio wasn't the same, but still, for F2P it's definitely a grind (I got lucky and made some money to buy energies etc., but for most it's hard). All I was suggesting is lower the tiers, can't change to 10 pts per boss now :/. Yes, time is necessary, but not ridiculous amounts of time to reach the tier levels. 10 or 12 points per normal boss would've been perfect, or a couple points per merk - i think STS miscalculated a little, idk.