Thread: Lets talk about Tainted in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Lets talk about Tainted in PVP

Before i start i just want to say i dont mean to hate.

So pvp 66 is getting active due to tainted gear but man what skill is really needed to have a full team with tainted and the 2 proc with the poison proc just insta killing, like literally u just hope to proc and your opponent walks over it and in a clash u cant even see were your stepping, i dont look for it to get nerfed drastically but dont make it insta kill i dont wanna be seeing to of kids running there mouth just cus there getting lucky with insta kills, Ty.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkvikingvtv For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvikingvtv View Post
    Before i start i just want to say i dont mean to hate.

So pvp 66 is getting active due to tainted gear but man what skill is really needed to have a full team with tainted and the 2 proc with the poison proc just insta killing, like literally u just hope to proc and your opponent walks over it and in a clash u cant even see were your stepping, i dont look for it to get nerfed drastically but dont make it insta kill i dont wanna be seeing to of kids running there mouth just cus there getting lucky with insta kills, Ty.
    I agree that instakill should not be a part of PVP. I think they will make this exception as they made it for banish.
    I am yet to test the poison pack though but I think that is intended to be OP as per the initial post from G. May be they want clash to be more strategic then just a herd smashing buttons and spamming skills
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Dragon Sword proc era is back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Insta kill is needed to kill tank stack in pvp 66. If you entered tdm at cap you will notice most of players are warriors. And many many times the map will become 4 warriors vs 4 warriors in an endless fight. Insta kill is the only way to stop it.
    So yes its needed.

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamTheFighter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTheFighter View Post
    Insta kill is needed to kill tank stack in pvp 66. If you entered tdm at cap you will notice most of players are warriors. And many many times the map will become 4 warriors vs 4 warriors in an endless fight. Insta kill is the only way to stop it.
    So yes its needed.

-Will

Theres always strategies and ways to deal with the, before tainted no one ever said something about needing a insta kill proc to kill 4 tanks lol idk how committed to pvp u r but what skill is needed to proc a insta kill in a match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvikingvtv View Post
    ....but what skill is needed to proc a insta kill in a match?
    Why can’t luck be an element of pvp? I don’t want it to be out of control insta kill but I believe some luck is important to spice it up a bit. Why does it always need to be skill based?

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTheFighter View Post
    So yes its needed.

-Will

PVP should never emphasize on one shot kill, especially in this case because "most" is not "all" and proc is not specific to work against a specific class.
    But please add that information to this thread, its better to have such info at one place:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...81#post2796181

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Why can’t luck be an element of pvp? I don’t want it to be out of control insta kill but I believe some luck is important to spice it up a bit. Why does it always need to be skill based?
    Luck (RNG) can be an element in pvp, and its already there, for instance the proc of the weapon is RNG based. But instakill should not be a part of PVP.
    Player vs Player is defined on the grounds on how good players are with using their skills. How long you can stay alive just on your skills (reason of pots not included in PVP), how well you dodge and how well you kill or complete the objective of the map. There is a reason "Kill Streaks" are rewarded in most mainstream PVP games.
    I think one-shot-kills are only acceptable in FPS games, where snipers are one shot, which is acceptable because sniping is a skill in itself. Other than that my experience says that mmo/moba based pvp cannot have one shot kills. It takes away the essence of pvp in general.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-16-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    PVP should never emphasize on one shot kill, especially in this case because "most" is not "all" and proc is not specific to work against a specific class.
    But please add that information to this thread, its better to have such info at one place:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...81#post2796181

Luck (RNG) can be an element in pvp, and its already there, for instance the proc of the weapon is RNG based. But instakill should not be a part of PVP.
    Player vs Player is defined on the grounds on how good players are with using their skills. How long you can stay alive just on your skills (reason of pots not included in PVP), how well you dodge and how well you kill or complete the objective of the map. There is a reason "Kill Streaks" are rewarded in most mainstream PVP games.
    I think one-shot-kills are only acceptable in FPS games, where snipers are one shot, which is acceptable because sniping is a skill in itself. Other than that my experience says that mmo/moba based pvp cannot have one shot kills. It takes away the essence of pvp in general.
    Can’t disagree there mate. I never liked pvp cuz of one shot in al but always played cod. Perhaps poison should do 40% health reduction in pvp instead (still significant but not unbalanced/op)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

There are not many info about this tank stack problem cause since few weeks just 20 ppl were playing pvp at 66 and I was one of them. Now thanks to cheap version of nm and cheap weapons its active. Tank stack is possible to win and avoid with great rogues and I managed it. But this was rare and matches were just too boring where none could kill the enemy.
    How to proc? Only by normal attack hitting enemy/enemies.
    If you enter tdm map now fortunately is a bit different..there are rogues aswell but most is made by warriors with very high armor that are unkillable (if they know skills timing). But atm to kill tank stack the rogue must be very skilled and geared.
    Just enter there and give a look.

About insta kill I think it's something new to pvp make it interesting.
    Pvpers will not have to look only to right skills timing and movements of enemies but also what is on the floor!

-Will

Last edited by WilliamTheFighter; 02-16-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Wait, do you want pvp to NOT be skill based? lol

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

PVP is not purely skill based anyway. Artifact and No Artifact matches happen. Belt vs Beltless. Green Ping Vs Yellow Ping. Yellow Ping Vs Red Ping. Lucky Crit vs No Crit. Skill is important but its a known fact that its not 100% only skill in a match. Instakill is okay.

Why is it ok and not Op? Because its a pack, you need to make it proc, for the proc to happen at the right time you need luck and then you need to make your opponent pick the pack. I would gladly be instakilled for a laugh and be mutually amused with my opponents.

As Azeroth has mentioned above, a streak of luck spices things up.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 02-16-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well I had a good laugh when I was insta killed but I don’t think it should be part of pvp it should be for mobs like banish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BELIEVE IT!!!