Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I suggest a compromise by instead capping DS to the damage it does currently on a maus6 boss at level 66. This would limit the future usefulness of the DS after level 66 without making m6 today a drastically longer time commitment.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msustro View Post
    I suggest a compromise by instead capping DS to the damage it does currently on a maus6 boss at level 66. This would limit the future usefulness of the DS after level 66 without making m6 today a drastically longer time commitment.
    Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Due to the nature of the change and the effects of the Dragon Hunter Staff, something along these lines might be a good idea to maintain to set back the Dragon Hunter Staff a little bit but make sure it doesn't remain after this expansion.
    Thats what i still dont understand. Why nerf it when you can set the upper limit to what it currently does on M6 bosses. Wont affect anything up to the 66 cap and doesnt affect current gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    So now you're saying you might alter the changes you've already announced. I hardly think that's fair considering a ton of people have already sold off their dragon staff based on your previous announcement...
    Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Part of the challenge of us being so active on the forums is that people react to things that are in progress or that we may speculate on. It is the price paid for having such close contact with the developers, and often works to your advantage. Occasionally it may work to your disadvantage as well.

We will always strive to do what we think is best for the game and community as a whole.
    I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I for one appreciate the fact that you interact with us on the Forums and address are various concerns. But again I don't think it's fair to make an announcement on a change and then Backtrack on it. That suggestion is a good one, one that should maybe be implemented in the future. But it's really not fair to go back on a previously-announced change

I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I am appreciative they announced what they planned changing on the ds. BC if they didnt, we would not have posted our honest opinion and feelings, which would of resulted in many rage quitting if they nerfed ds without notice.. They are compromising, based on feedback. I for one appreciate that they are active, and are willing to compromise based on our feedback.
    And are you one of the people who sold their dragon staff based on the announcement? Because it hardly seems fair to those people...

Last edited by Shadowfaux; 02-21-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

i do really apprciate you being in contact with the community and all,but the change to the dragon hunter staff shouldnt be reversed or adjusted. the market for that weapon already crashed and many people sold thier weapons including myself, and since the tainted poison is a bug i would apprciate if you keep the changes the way they are but adjust the maus bosses a bit so they can be taken down by DPS in a reasonable time. that way people who sold thier ds can just use thier stats to kill bosses and the one who havent can still use thier weapon to make it a bit faster if they like. atleast thats in my opnion. and thank you,and the other devs very much for all your efforts!
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Comments like this do more harm then good...

No changes were actually made in game nor was there any confirmations on when changes were taking effect.

Thankfully there was a post about the intended changes and through open discussion it seems a compromise has been reached to help both sides of the arguments for change an not to change.

To keep the game healthy its a great step forward and even nicer now to know at least the changes will take effect going forward rather than just impact the current environment.

+420

PS...

If you lost on on the speculation gamble just take it on the chin and move on

win some you lose some but the just keeps on spinning ^.^

1 <3
    Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Look at the first post changes were announced. People made decisions based on those changes. It seems unfair to alter them now. I'm all for discussions and feedback, but retroactively changing things right after they've been announced is hardly fair to anybody. I'm not trying to derail anything I am part of the feedback that you are touting.

"Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    "Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!"

Thats the first line from Vrooms post.

Ive highlighted the part about how the changes are coming,,,no fixed date so always subject to change... which is what makes it so great because its not like the voices of the players arnt heard and they go ahead make changes willynilly...

if they had updated the game then rolled back then i would appropriate your point bud... but this was a open forum where changes which were planned announced to the public to get feedback and clearly make the right adjustments accordingly..

If people had been more patient then there would be nothing to feel sore about.

+420 again for all the work STS

1<3
    Yes he said changes that are coming, as in these are things that are being implemented. He didn't say these are what were thinking about implementing what is your feedback? If that was what was stated I wouldn't have an issue. But he said these changes are coming. That's a definite statement I'm not arguing about when.