Thread: Regarding Gold loot and It's decline since awakenings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Regarding Gold loot and It's decline since awakenings

Just curious. I have been away for a few months and now coming back it seems that the amount of extra gold loot per gold loot awakening percantage has declined by at most half from where it used to be a few months ago. A normal mob gold pile drop used to give me around 500-1k roughly max in Maus 6 floor when I had 220% gold loot on. Now that I have come back it is maxed out around 300-500 gold per normal mob drop. This is concerning and if you guys have tweaked that percentage I hope you are transparent about it. If you are doing this behind our backs this is technically a scam in my opinion. I don't want to be making the amount of gold I was gaining before awakenings started now with full awaken gear with gold loot buffs. It makes no sense to do that. Now we just pay gold and money to get our gold loot gain back to the way it was before awakenings began? That's odd to me. This is a real question and not an attack on the team.
    "Know thyself."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hekkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The developers have given word several times there has been no change and it is merely ur bad luck... many feel otherwise!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Nah it's true, while they're transparent about bigger nerfs/upgates, they don't reveal the more hidden nerfs.
    Example story daily story map used to give kills counting towards PvE but they removed that.
    Regarding the gold issue it's very true, even my friends with avarice sets notice the changes more than me. Just during Lovecraft event many others and I have noticed the gold nerf in mau.
    Of course they will respond and say nothing has changed, just luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Yes, I am very supportive of Sts, but if the gold drops are nerfed they should be very transparent about it. Especially for how much gold and plat players spend to get gold loot bonuses on equipment.

It would be like selling a leprechaun pendant for 250 plat and then a month later saying, oh it's not good for the game that everyone has so much luck because the loot is flooding the market and cutting the luck percentage in half.

Yeah, it may not be good for the game, but it's also not good for your player base and your customers to nerf the luck percentage or in this case lower gold drops in certain maps without letting everyone know and having a backup solution.

I have noticed that on average, in graveyard runs I would average 3000 gold total, and now it's an average of 2000. I can't say when this occurred but probably within the last few months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

It has definitely been decreased, and I hope that a dev says exactly what has changed —*it's not just luck, that's why statistics exist, if someone did a statistics test on this it would definitely be significant, and show that people earned significantly more gold earlier with the same amount of gold loot.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

this is the easiest solution to " we need gold sink".

No gold sink will be enough unless there is a limit to how much gold can be farmed by gl so those who complain about too much gold in economy, move along.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

My speculation is that they did not nerf max amount of gold drop, but “buffed” the range of amount of gold that can drop. For example: say, before you can get a randomized gold drop between 800g to 1000g per boss kill, now if they changed it to 100g to 1000g, you’ll have a higher chance of getting less gold on average due to randomness. This way, STS can say they did not “nerf” gold drop and it’s all about bad luck, which is true.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    My speculation is that they did not nerf max amount of gold drop, but “buffed” the range of amount of gold that can drop. For example: say, before you can get a randomized gold drop between 800g to 1000g per boss kill, now if they changed it to 100g to 1000g, you’ll have a higher chance of getting less gold on average due to randomness. This way, STS can say they did not “nerf” gold drop and it’s all about bad luck, which is true.
    That's possible. Buy that is still a change that the community should know about, and if true would cause both awakenings and gold loot bonus items to go down in price.

Any gold loot change would change prices for a lot of things, quite a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

The whole maus gold farming thing cant go on forever , it should be a stable way to inject gold into the economy , nothing else . The game was overflowing with items and the inflation from maus did a good job at increasing the prices , but to much will eventually give us the situation we had during and before 41 cap ( ok , maybe not that horrible...but it will get close XD ). Honestly , i want to start farming items.. like km3 or good old jarl.. Im bored to death from farming maus and i believe a lot of people feel the same .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I really like to play arcane legends. just to state that.

But sometimes i feel scammed by the devs and thats a reason for me to stop the game if this continues.

for example the arcane deary island bug was intended to sell arcane deary. This was stated by the devs.
    Now awakening. If you add gold loot to get more gold and then nerf the drop to the point where with gold loot you get the same amount of gold as b4 i feel scammed too. there were quite a few incidences but i do not remember them all right now. This is not the way how i want to be treated.

I really do enjoy AL. But i can not stand dishonesty.
    This is no meant to be rude or hateful, I just want to let you know.

(I do see the point why gl has to be nerfed but it just feels like a scam)

I myself did not test if the gl got nerfed so forgive me if it wasnt.
    Loli.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolifee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Gold loot, and the game now, is better than the way it was before.

What I don’t understand is why players sacrafice stats for gold loot and then complain to other people in the pt about not pulling right or something else.

I don’t think it’s alright that 3 people carry a gl loot toon who is squishy and constantly dying.