Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018 Arlorian Egg Hunt Event Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iluminista View Post
    You (Evilmorty) could save the other members of the forum from their "jokes". There is no way to measure how much your comment was dispensable.

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando Tapatalk

Liberty, equality and fraternity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The information on heroic cottonkill's damage is not being shown like the legendary cottonkill.

Liberty, equality and fraternity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Attachment 167360

Spring has officially Sprung, and soon it will be time for the Great Arlorian Egg Hunt!

It is up to you, intrepid adventurer to kill the bad guys, smash the machines, find the eggs, craft the things, and right the wrongs!

Overview

This is an Energy/ Leaderboard event. Energy Essences drop from all dungeons across Arlor. You can also craft or purchase energy kits from other players. Excess Crafted Energy and Energy Essence will be removed after the event is over.

Energy Portals to The Egg Farm are open in towns all across Arlor. Destroy Egg Machines found on The Egg Farm for a variety of eggs. Some eggs can be found from minions and bosses in other dungeons as well.

Open these eggs for prizes and goodies as well as Egg Hunt Points to reach various rewarded tiers and climb the leaderbords for the ultimate schwag!

Daily Quests

Attachment 167361

Talk to Remus (in multiple towns) to pick up a couple of quests while you are farming for energy outside of the event zone.

She'll reward you for your efforts with random Egg Hunt eggs (which could include the elusive Platinum Egg). You can find Green and Blue Arlorian Eggs all throughout the world dropping from minions, and Red Arlorian Eggs dropping from bosses, but if you really want to stock up you will need to hit the Event Zone.

Event Info

Attachment 167362

Talk to Magister Barrex (in multiple towns) to either get details about the event or go to the event Store.

Event Store

Barrex will sell you a number of things, including:

- 5 Event Energy Kits
    - Mini Unlocked Egg of the Bun-Bun (one pull on the Event Crate)
    - Egg Smasher Elixir (increase damage in the event zone)
    - Bound Arlorian Egg-Shell Band (chance of 12-second XP and Luck buff)
    - Mining Pack Vanity Armor

Attachment 167363

Event Zone

Attachment 167364

You will be travelling to the Headquarters of Bun-Bun, the world's angriest Easter Bunny. Bun-Bun is invulnerable, and he will chase you around, causing damage and stunning you for the audacity of wanting to smash his machines. If you want to avoid the stun, you can purchase this event's Bane Item: a Lucky Rabbit's Foot.

Attachment 167365

This will not prevent you from taking damage, but it will make you immune to the Bun-Bun Stun.

Your mission is to get in and destroy as many of his egg machines as possible. The machines will drop all colors (except gold) of Arlorian Eggs, including Platinum Arlorian Eggs. They can also drop Cottonkill Eggs (regular and heroic) and different colors of a vanity wearable (back slot) Egg Basket.

Attachment 167366

Open these eggs for various goodies as well as Egg Hunt Points. The Egg Machines will also drop tradable versions of the Locked Event Crates, which contain all sorts of goodies (see below).

Event Crate: Locked Egg of the Bun-Bun

Attachment 167367

This is the event crate that drops from the Egg Machines in the event zone. You can also purchase limited quantities in the featured Store, which will give you three pulls. Possible rewards include:

Attachment 167368

- Heroic Cottonkill's Egg
    - Arcane Fossil
    - Arcane Shard
    - Eggshell Belt of Celerity
    - Eggshell Belt of Coruscation
    - Eggshell Belt of Force
    - Eggshell Necklace of Fidget
    - Eggshell Necklace of Kinetic
    - Eggshell Necklace of Knowledge
    - Eggshell Ring of Fidget
    - Eggshell Ring of Kinetic
    - Eggshell Ring of Coruscation

Grab yourself this new event Set to gain bonuses all throughout Arlor!
    Attachment 167412

- Eggstone Bow
    - Eggstone Daggers
    - Eggstone Gun
    - Eggstone Staff
    - Eggstone Bulwark
    - Eggstone Axe

Attachment 167369

Note: picture shows both regular (dropped from the crate) and gold (leaderboard reward versions) of the Eggstone weapons

- Battle Bunny Armor (Mage, Rogue, Warrior)
    - Battle Bunny Helm (Mage, Rogue, Warrior)

Attachment 167370

Other Stuff:

- 25,000 Gold
    - 30 Plat
    - 100 Plat
    - Various Shatter Recipes
    - Lots of L66 Legendary Weapons
    - Lots of Elixirs

Golden Eggs

Occasionally in red eggs you will find a recipe for a Golden Egg. The recipe for the Gold Arlorian Egg is worth its weight in gold indeed. Craft 10 normal eggs into a gold egg.

Attachment 167410

Open these eggs for a chance at:

- 5000g
    - 10000g
    - 15000g
    - 25000g
    - 25 Ankh (25 plat value)
    - 5 Respec Scrolls (25 plat value)
    - 5 Dragkin Teeth
    - Glintstone Coins

AND.... A mythic ring!

The Arlorian Egg-shelled Band. It has a proc on dealing damage that will give you an extra 20% XP gain for limited time, plus an additional 10% to luck (stacks with lepre amulet and luck elixirs). Dropped rings will scale to your current level and will be available to levels 2+.

Purchasing the Mythic Ring

Barrex will sell you the new Arlorian Egg-shelled Band for platinum. However, this purchased ring will be account bound, while the dropped rings are tradable.

Event Scoring and Tier Rewards

Opening Arlorian Eggs gives you Tier Points. Climb through Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Plat Tiers for awesome rewards!

Tier rewards are as follows:

Bronze

- Egg Smasher Elixir
    - 2018 Egg Hunt Appreciation Banner

Attachment 167371

Silver

- Egg Smasher Elixir
    - Mini Unlocked Egg of the BunBun

Gold

- Egg Smasher Elixir
    - Mini Unlocked Egg of the BunBun
    - Cottonkill's Egg

Platinum

- "Hard to Crack" title (Platinum colored title)
    - Egg Smasher Elixir
    - Jewel Chest
    - (2) Mini Unlocked Eggs of the BunBun
    - (5) Victus Runes
    - (5) Magna Runes
    - Platinum Egg Bauble (Plat Tier Banner)

Attachment 167372

Leaderboards Rewards

This is a Leaderboard event. Everyone who places 50th or above receives the Scepter of the Golden Egg Banner.

This is easily the blingy-est banner we have ever made

Attachment 167373

Rewards are as follows:

26th-50th place (for each class):

- VIP 25 Ankh Kit
    - LB Banner: Scepter of the Golden Egg (stashable, not tradable)

11th-25th place (for each class):

- VIP 25 Ankh Kit
    - LB Banner: Scepter of the Golden Egg (stashable, not tradable)
    - Fortified Jewel for your class (Finesse, Fury, or Mind)
    - 3 Victus and 3 Magna Runes
    - Battle Bunny Backpiece (Jetpack with custom emote)

Top 10 (for each class):

- "Unbreakable" Title (Gold colored title)
    - VIP 25 Ankh Kit
    - LB Banner: Scepter of the Golden Egg
    - Precise Jewel for your class (Finesse, Fury, or Mind)
    - 5 Victus and 5 Magna Runes
    - Both Gold Eggstone Weapon types for your class
    - Battle Bunny Backpiece (Jetpack with custom emote)

Attachment 167374 Attachment 167375

This backpack enables a one-of-a-kind emote that lets you hover around for a bit, check out the footage here:

This two-week event will begin on Thursday, 3/29/18 at ~1:30 PM CT and run through Thursday, 4/12/18 at ~1:30 PM CT.

Questions and comments below, and thanks!
    Why now gold egg just drop 2500 gold????
    One Heart Indonesia = Guild Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

They also still drop 5000 gold. I don't know about 10000, 15000 and 25000.

As mentioned in another post they decreased the amount of Gold/Plat contained in the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + Bun-Bun can no longer be killed by leashing him first
    + Tip Top now occasionally blasts off
    + When you kill all eggs in the event zone a system message is broadcast
    + Tweaked Gold/Plat inflow from Eggs (specifically green, gold, purple, and platinum eggs)
    + Guildhall access button confirmation
    + Fixed inventory buyback button

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalwiz View Post
    I see that cotton kill egg is a gold tier reward. Really? Usually you give something that is worth the effort like a heroic egg. I am silver tier now and have already looted 20 cotton kill eggs. Could this be a typo? Maybe you were thinking of heroic cotton kill, you could give us the pet and not the egg if you are concerned about the economy. You can buy this egg in cs for 105 gold now. The rewards don't motivate me like the valentine event which was so op. There are no tokens to buy stuff either which might motivate some people to run.
    This '-'

ᵀ ᵒ ᵒ ᵂ ᵉ ᶦ ʳ ᵈ ᵗ ᵒ ᶫ ᶦ ᵛ ᵉ ᵀ ᵒ ᵒ ʳ ᵃ ʳ ᵉ ᵗ ᵒ ᴰ ᶦ ᵉ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

[QUOTE=Sheentaro;2810704]This '-'

ᵀ ᵒ ᵒ ᵂ ᵉ ᶦ ʳ ᵈ ᵗ ᵒ ᶫ

!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to evilmorty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I was plenty skeptical about this event. I started viewing it as a free giveaway (mainly different currencies) instead of an actual "event". My real gripe is with the new set stats, barely better than my 41 gear. Rendtail, planar pendant, and belt. Don't expect one, but I am anxiously hoping for a buff on the whole set

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #148
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I was plenty skeptical about this event. I started viewing it as a free giveaway (mainly different currencies) instead of an actual "event". My real gripe is with the new set stats, barely better than my 41 gear. Rendtail, planar pendant, and belt. Don't expect one, but I am anxiously hoping for a buff on the whole set

Just curious, what is your definition of an actual "event"?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What I think of a perfect event includes:

-Locks that have the normal amount of pulls (Like 3 or so)

-Tier rewards that are favorable and something everybody will want to go for.

-A relatively high tier requirement to make it more prestigious (Like the last Lovecraft).

-No outdated currency in chests e.g. hauntlet coins,fangs,glintstone coins,cryo coins. etc.

-No heroic pets (I am an ole' school kind of player lol) Something new.

-Content over vanities.

-A perfect gold sink to stop further inflation.

-2016 Goblin event was pretty good, liked the hoarded chests.

- Locks that don't drop every run to keep them profitable.

(I put quite a bit of thought into this post, I would love to see some replies, as I am sure the devs would as well to model the events toward everyones liking.)
    I have actually started buying platinum more frequently because the game is becoming more and more enjoyable for me. In fact I am about to lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I think this is a great event. The only thing I feel bad about is breaking and entering into a rabbit's burrow, smashing the place up and stealing his eggs. Can someone please make me feel better about this?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Usually a boss, or some enemies, or somewhat challenging map. This is fine for what it is. It's easy enough to get rewards, but not challenging enough to be rewarding. I didn't wanna seem like I was complaining, because it's kinda growing on me.
    I remember the first year of events and they were really fun. Ya'll have come a long way in the few years I have been gone. I like events that bring us together to work as a team to finish the objective. Lots of players hit all the red, purple, plat eggs and leave ...I'm left smashing the rest alone. Maybe a bonus for smashing all egg machines would help with that? I dunno

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    1. There are some locks that have just inflated in price, I guess the reason being people have to plat to use and they choose to open these locks. If you wish to see more than three pulls per lock those might be a good option for u

2. I think tier rewards were nott the focus of this event. They are decent, the uniqueness factor is what sets them apart(some people like that).

3. I think the requirements are pretty high for a casual player. Nott too high and nott too low either.

4. One man's trash is another man's treasure(treashure hehe). I think those currency's will be useful for quite a few of the players. Maybe the developers will make them useful in other ways too.

5. Everything about this event screams new, a craftable heroic pet which got devalue. This is the only part I have a qualm with maybe more thought could have been given in to this. Then again its a small issue and does nott matter when you weigh it against everything else in this event.

6. Too much content can make the game a constant struggle to keep up with the BIS. Most players don't use platinum to keep up with the game(I might be wrong about "most players", pls nu edit justg I do know I speak for myself). It's walking a fine line to keep the game exciting with new rewards and items and making sure people have some breathing space to use those items(I was about to give an example here but I think I've expressed myself clearly enough here).

7. I've been bringing this up again and again, Vroom made a post where according to him most games use inflation as an economic tactic. Don't want to get into the details of this

8. Uh, your points 7 and 8 are contradictory. First you want a gold sink then you want an event which caused major inflation o.o Sorry, I'm a bit lost.

9. My gut says we should be seeing a major gold sink and a locks based event soon enough. The former being something that I doubt will happen but one never knows.
    Thanks for the reply .

About the hoarded chests, the 5k drop was a little too much for 5 tokens, forgot to mention that in the first post srry.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can I Know...Where Buy Back Button?

Sent from my Jazz J3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I only have a few main problems with this event. The first being that you don't even need to run the event to be able to win LB rewards, you just need to have a lot of gold. I spent the entire end of my spring break running this event because I wanted to make it on the LB and when I had less than 20,000 points, people on the top of the leaderboard had 100,000 or over 100,000 points. I spent hours upon hours running the event and started running the event the second it started as well (had the game open when server was down, started up as soon as fix was over), and the people who have tens of millions of gold can spend 1/4th the amount of time I did reaching 4 times as many points as I did. I understand it may help balance out the economy or whatnot but I don't much enjoy trying to run an event and spending a lot of my own time running it just to have people take a higher spot on it just cause they have more money to spend on this game than I do. I would rather enjoy having close competition with somebody else who is also spending a lot of their time running this event. And I understand if this was a sort of trial event to see how this would work out but as the first event LB I ever ran for in 6 years of playing, I am not a huge fan of this because it feels more like a pay to win LB.

One other thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the tier rewards. Bronze had a good reward with the event banner, but silver and gold felt very bland like something was missing. The Bun-Bun eggs seemed to not have that good of a drop rate (after I opened around 4 and guildies also said the drop rate was poor), so 2 unlocked Bun-Bun eggs doesn't seem like the most enticing reward for 4,000 points and 8,000 points and the cottonkill egg for gold tier felt almost like a slap in the face because of how many cottonkill eggs dropped during normal runs. It would be a different story if cottonkill only dropped from plat egg machines and gold tier and heroic cottonkill was only available from Bun-Bun eggs. For plat tier, the rewards were great and very profitable so I have no complaints for it costing 20,000 points.

One more relatively minor problem I have is the LB rewards. 1st-10th rewards are fantastic, props to the people who can run that and win them. 11th-26th rewards are also very good with the magna and victus runes and the battle bunny backpiece reward as well. Where I feel it's the least rewarding is 26th-50th. You get the banner and 25 VIP Ankh kits. From running the event trying to get on the leaderboard, I have so far opened 1,089 ankhs from eggs. I don't see the point of an extra 25 when I die very very little as it is. I think the rewards for bronze on LB are very unrewarding. I understand there shouldn't be huge rewards for hitting bronze, but ankhs are pointless as lots have dropped from eggs. Maybe something else that feels rewarding along with the banner. It is the top 26-50 of all the people of your class after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I think this is a great event. The only thing I feel bad about is breaking and entering into a rabbit's burrow, smashing the place up and stealing his eggs. Can someone please make me feel better about this?
    Susanne you are so sweeet XD

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Best event ever! =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Auction has been drunk since 5pm. You see items worth 0 gold clogging up screen for two to three pages. Worse timing in an auction event. Look into it guys plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    1. There are some locks that have just inflated in price, I guess the reason being people have to plat to use and they choose to open these locks. If you wish to see more than three pulls per lock those might be a good option for u

2. I think tier rewards were nott the focus of this event. They are decent, the uniqueness factor is what sets them apart(some people like that).

3. I think the requirements are pretty high for a casual player. Nott too high and nott too low either.

4. One man's trash is another man's treasure(treashure hehe). I think those currency's will be useful for quite a few of the players. Maybe the developers will make them useful in other ways too.

5. Everything about this event screams new, a craftable heroic pet which got devalue. This is the only part I have a qualm with maybe more thought could have been given in to this. Then again its a small issue and does nott matter when you weigh it against everything else in this event.

6. Too much content can make the game a constant struggle to keep up with the BIS. Most players don't use platinum to keep up with the game(I might be wrong about "most players", pls nu edit justg I do know I speak for myself). It's walking a fine line to keep the game exciting with new rewards and items and making sure people have some breathing space to use those items(I was about to give an example here but I think I've expressed myself clearly enough here).

7. I've been bringing this up again and again, Vroom made a post where according to him most games use inflation as an economic tactic. Don't want to get into the details of this

8. Uh, your points 7 and 8 are contradictory. First you want a gold sink then you want an event which caused major inflation o.o Sorry, I'm a bit lost.

9. My gut says we should be seeing a major gold sink and a locks based event soon enough. The former being something that I doubt will happen but one never knows.
    Can i nominate this guy for an award? 😂 i love this post.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Will we be able to craft gold eggs after the end of the event ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

just wanna say...red eggs rock!!!