Thread: Does this sound like an attempted robbery?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Does this sound like an attempted robbery?

Look at this guy. I was at Expedition Camp, just wasting time. This character called Briskedge told me about the freestable.ml page. Obviously I realized that this page was not in the format usually used in my navigations and the types of "permissions" that would be granted by accessing that page. I went to try to find out what it was, in the page in question, says if it is a site that gives "rewards", but to receive them you need to enter your email and password used in your game.Below is an attached printscreen.Note: The site in question, because of its different format, does not allow me to take printscreen of it, But I'll use other methods of video recording to have proof of what happened. If any administrator can take action, thank you. I play since 2014 and I believe AL can always be a place safer for everyone.

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando Tapatalk
    Liberty, equality and fraternity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, thanks for the post,I was just going to create one.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rtgt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Those idiots posting links and stealing others info should be put in jail. This is very illegal to do... 1 stealing peoples money/ identity. 2 breaking ToS advertising scamming acc stealing. people spend real money on this game and people steal it...

my friends credit card was hacked and he lost 23500$ plus was banned on al for purchase issues...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to im jeff For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    my friends credit card was hacked and he lost 23500$ plus was banned on al for purchase issues...
    Not tryn to be offensive but thats just stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    Not tryn to be offensive but thats just stupid.
    Taking advantage of people's ingenuity is even more stupid. I do not want to be offensive, but we should not focus on offenses in victims but on those who cause them. You can not just come and blame Someone for being "naive", this is not a crime.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iluminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Name:  29693762_10215223921541336_751185076_o.png
Views: 328
Size:  127.1 KB

Here is the proof of the ban, im sorry that i cannot show my friends name or any of his info he wants it secret. If you want to speak to him then pm me privately i will only tell administrators his name, no one else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to im jeff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Name:  29693762_10215223921541336_751185076_o.png
Views: 328
Size:  127.1 KB

Here is the proof of the ban, im sorry that i cannot show my friends name or any of his info he wants it secret. If you want to speak to him then pm me privately i will only tell administrators his name, no one else.
    So what's the point of even talking about it on forum? Devs dont discuss bans in here. Also how could anybody fall for some site where you could game items for free...

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Your friend should file a police report. If he is in the US, also speak with the FBI. After he files all those reports, get copies. After closing or changing his bank account for his credit card and straightening out his credit, and making copies of THOSE reports.

He might want to check his credit reports to make sure there is not additional identity thievery going on. That is much more important than a game. Straightening out his credit and his credit card can take months. Tell him to keep a sharp eye on all charges, because even though banks are not supposed to make unauthorized charges, they will often continue charging a recurring charge, even after being told to discontinue it. All such charges can be reversed, since he the customer did not authorize them. However, he will need to keep disputing them until the bank gets the idea. He will also need to speak to at least one manager, should such keep occurring.

I actually would stop doing business with this type of bank, by the way.

Then months or years later, after he has straightened out his life...

If after all that, he still wants to be in STS' good graces, he should take all those reports and statements and filings and speak to STS about this theft. No company or person is required to do business with any other company or person. However, most do not mind having a relationship with someone who is aboveboard.

STS will be a much easier conversation than the police and his bank/s. Good luck to him.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Why do people say they were "hacked" when they hand out info? Those are two different things entirely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Your friend should file a police report. If he is in the US, also speak with the FBI. After he files all those reports, get copies. After closing or changing his bank account for his credit card and straightening out his credit, and making copies of THOSE reports.

He might want to check his credit reports to make sure there is not additional identity thievery going on. That is much more important than a game. Straightening out his credit and his credit card can take months. Tell him to keep a sharp eye on all charges, because even though banks are not supposed to make unauthorized charges, they will often continue charging a recurring charge, even after being told to discontinue it. All such charges can be reversed, since he the customer did not authorize them. However, he will need to keep disputing them until the bank gets the idea. He will also need to speak to at least one manager, should such keep occurring.

I actually would stop doing business with this type of bank, by the way.

Then months or years later, after he has straightened out his life...

If after all that, he still wants to be in STS' good graces, he should take all those reports and statements and filings and speak to STS about this theft. No company or person is required to do business with any other company or person. However, most do not mind having a relationship with someone who is aboveboard.

STS will be a much easier conversation than the police and his bank/s. Good luck to him.
    My friend is a Fbi inspection unit he has tried to report it etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Why do people say they were "hacked" when they hand out info? Those are two different things entirely
    He didnt use the website etc he was hacked by some other dude who somehow got his credit card information but it was not from any website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

My friend is a Fbi inspection unit he has tried to report it etc.
    Well, that is depressing. If he cannot get this solved, no one can. I am sure he already knows there are multiple ways to attack this. The customer route might be the most useful to him. He will likely be asked for his police report by the business, which he has probably already done. Good to know he got his money back.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I’m not believing in these ”hacking” theories.. what are the odds for randomly getting hacked on game like arcane legends? He must have slipped atleast little bit his info to someone who took an advantage of it.. but hope this all gets better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

It’s kinda just common sense to not give out information on sites like these. More than likely you don’t even know the site.
    /Commonsensenotcommonanymore

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    It’s kinda just common sense to not give out information on sites like these. More than likely you don’t even know the site.
    /Commonsensenotcommonanymore
    If you enter the site in question, being a layperson, you will realize that the page was created to appear credible in the information contained therein. If people had so much "common sense", we would not have so many cases of fraud.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Iluminista For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Those idiots posting links and stealing others info should be put in jail. This is very illegal to do... 1 stealing peoples money/ identity. 2 breaking ToS advertising scamming acc stealing. people spend real money on this game and people steal it...

The 1st line of defense to internet fraud are people themselves. If its too good to be true, then probably it is.
    People who give in to the greed for cheap and easy deserve to be scammed. I just hope they learn from it.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!