Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ctf Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Ctf Suggestion

Was playing capture the flag and a certain player (not calling anyone out) booted me with the reason "give it back". Sad thing was, this person is max level
    ~end of rant~
    My suggestion is: Make the person with the flag un-bootable. This would solve the booting issue
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Good idea. I don't do CTF much bur I support this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Unfortunately, this is impractical. In many CTF games (especially Castle Keep Away; not so much in Rockwall), there are certain rules of honor. You aren't supposed to steal the flag until the other side says "go". Booting is a good way to ensure this is enforced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Unfortunately, this is impractical. In many CTF games (especially Castle Keep Away; not so much in Rockwall), there are certain rules of honor. You aren't supposed to steal the flag until the other side says "go". Booting is a good way to ensure this is enforced.
    +1

If a person boots you to get the flag back (after the game has officially started) he just shows off very unsportmanlike behaviour.
    All you can do is to blackmark the name, since noone likes players like this in his game.
    Look for games, with a more mature host or host them yourself. Don't get to upset about stuff like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:476309
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    +1

If a person boots you to get the flag back (after the game has officially started) he just shows off very unsportmanlike behaviour.
    All you can do is to blackmark the name, since noone likes players like this in his game.
    Look for games, with a more mature host or host them yourself. Don't get to upset about stuff like this
    well red scored twice. Hope they said go!!!
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Both of my suggestions would work well here together to ensure these issues fixed.
    Push a button to go. Both teams must push the button to be able to move. And again, the "un-bootable" suggestion above. I personally think its a good idea.
    Views?
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The flag bearer could still cause problems after the "go" is pushed.

This is just impractical. I think this is a relatively rare occurrence and that a solution is more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:478323
    The flag bearer could still cause problems after the "go" is pushed.

This is just impractical. I think this is a relatively rare occurrence and that a solution is more trouble than it's worth.
    how is it impractical???? WOW REALLY?! Your just mad because I called your friend out on forums
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    how is it impractical???? WOW REALLY?! Your just mad because I called your friend out on forums
    Please reread his post. Do you see him defending his friend? I don't. As for the suggestion I disagree whole heartedly. I think PvP and CTF is fine that way it is, rushers and all. If you cant handle being rushed, then leave the game. If your booted with the flag just to help the host win the game, then it should be reported to devs and have it handled there. CTF is by far my favorite part of this game and crippling a hosts hosting ability isn't the solution for your single occurrence. Now if this has happened multiple times and you haven't bothered reporting it to the devs, shame on you. If you have reported it and it still hasn't been resolved, shame on STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Kaytar, stay on topic. No need for this last comment.

I totally see your point since i experienced things like this, but I don't think that this is such a big spoiler to your PvP experiences, is it? You get booted, laugh at the immaturity that some people show and than join another game to have fun. It happens, but not very frequently.
    Infact, it would propably causen more problems than it would do good. For example flag-stealing before the match has officially started, what i see happen more often than the other thing.
    So... yea, it is kinda impractical IMHO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka:478799
    Please reread his post. Do you see him defending his friend? I don't. As for the suggestion I disagree whole heartedly. I think PvP and CTF is fine that way it is, rushers and all. If you cant handle being rushed, then leave the game. If your booted with the flag just to help the host win the game, then it should be reported to devs and have it handled there. CTF is by far my favorite part of this game and crippling a hosts hosting ability isn't the solution for your single occurrence. Now if this has happened multiple times and you haven't bothered reporting it to the devs, shame on you. If you have reported it and it still hasn't been resolved, shame on STS.
    I just now reported it. See my thread? Look up.
    Ctf and pvp are in need of improvement and I can bet anything this "single occurrence" has happened to a lot of people. Shame on no one
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:478803
    Kaytar, stay on topic. No need for this last comment.

I totally see your point since i experienced things like this, but I don't think that this is such a big spoiler to your PvP experiences, is it? You get booted, laugh at the immaturity that some people show and than join another game to have fun. It happens, but not very frequently.
    Infact, it would propably causen more problems than it would do good. For example flag-stealing before the match has officially started, what i see happen more often than the other thing.
    So... yea, it is kinda impractical IMHO
    impractical XD funny. Now I respect your guy's opinions and all but I TOTALLY disagree. I still dont see your point though....
    Impractical....hmm. I'm sure if STS did try this a whole lot of people would start playing CTF and PvP again because these issues could be avoided. And the "hostability" issue brought up...
    It wouldn't totally limit the host's booting ability, just the flag holder. Everyone else can be booted at anytime. Still not seeing how this suggestion is impractical XD funny
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

That wouldnt really work as in rock wall forts a rusher will get flag which includes a buff and spawn kills then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

It WOULD arise some problems (like Elyseon and I/Whoisthis mentioned), so I personally don't see this change happening.
    Just don't get mad because of all these kids that act totally immature in PvP
    Things like rushing or stuipid boots happen, and YES they are annoying. But you just need to get over it. Thing like this happen not often, so if it happens don't get too pissed but just look for another game to fun. This is not one of the major problems why someone would quit pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

This has nothing to do with Slush. I evaluate ideas on their own merit, not based off the poster.

There are legitimate reasons for booting people with a flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:478923
    This has nothing to do with Slush. I evaluate ideas on their own merit, not based off the poster.

There are legitimate reasons for booting people with a flag.
    examples? Besides wanting to win/immatuarty
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

There are already some examples given. For instance getting the flag before both sides have agreed to start the match.
    Or spawn killing in a way like Elyseon descibed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

A person with the flag could go on a rampage if there was no way to boot. Spawn killing is certainly one of the biggest issues at hand. I think that you're looking for a solution for a relatively isolated event ... getting booted with the flag. Spawn killing by comparison is much more common.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Ctf and pvp are in need of improvement and I can bet anything this "single occurrence" has happened to a lot of people. Shame on no one
    Proper reporting requires sending a private email to STS giving the specific details. Your concern is legitimate, however, not a reportable/bannable offense. People, unfortunately, are disrespectful on all levels of pvp. If STS banned someone or madr changes due to every complaint, pvp would be nonexistant.

Your attitude is not going to help your case. Please refrain from getting upset when individuals disagree with your post/thread.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:478984
    Proper reporting requires sending a private email to STS giving the specific details. Your concern is legitimate, however, not a reportable/bannable offense. People, unfortunately, are disrespectful on all levels of pvp. If STS banned someone or madr changes due to every complaint, pvp would be nonexistant.

Your attitude is not going to help your case. Please refrain from getting upset when individuals disagree with your post/thread.
    didn't have one until now. It's not like it's a democracy...
    Last edited by Kaytar; 11-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Kaytar