Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arlorian Egg Hunt Feedback Request

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Oh! I missed out on a very important point, cant edit so I post again:
    Please add a "Open All" option to open all eggs of same rarity. I do not want to get a injury (RSI). Kindly consider that option for any future event(s), where we might get items in bulk that are intended to be opened. Thanks you.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Loved the event and the goodies from the eggs. Please consider test running all chars thru event to see how difficult it is. Mage and tank have a serious disadvantage. If no rogue in random party...it takes too long to finish so ppl leave b4 it's done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Thanks for the event. It was a pretty nice event overall.

PsychoNuke already posted what I think about this event, but I would like to repeat his third point again.

It was terrible to enter maps and see 2-3 machines already destroyed. Basically the energy was wasted because random people already got the best ones, and only Green and Blue ones were left.

Also happened the other way around, I went in a map, saw both Purple and Platinum Machines and of course destroyed them as fast as possible (to avoid disconnecting XD), and after that some players left the zone, and new guys entered that same zone after the best stuff was gone.

So yeah, event zones should definitely lock up once someone starts the run. Maybe out one of those borders like in CTF or Battlegrounds, or just make them like Timed runs.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sorry if i repeat what others have already said but heres my detailed review of the event.

Overall i thought it was a great event. The mechanics were overall great. Loved the concept of farmers farming and the rich spending. Gave everyone a chance even those who cant run a lot because of time issues.

Things that can be changed to make it better in future

This could apply to most events. Do not open map until its full and lock the zone once a certain barrier is passed like in hauntlet. It was frustrating to enter maps once eggs were destroyed

Hide the color of the machines or make them breakable in a certain order from worst to best which will stop people skipping the lower tier ones

Definitely need an open all feature as every few runs inventory was full and had to spam the eggs

A feature where we can disable notifications. They were flashing non stop and got annoying. Also couldnt follow chat most times because of them

Better gear/eggs/vanities/items in the event crates. Some very rare but desirable stuff to encourage people to open them

Gold tier exclusive egg. Cottonkill was more common than platinum eggs this event and was a poor reward for gold tier. If there was a better egg or reward you would have seen a lot more players at gold tier. This event it was Plat or nothing

Give warriors a damage buff as its not always easy to get a party

Nerf the event for lower levels as it was too difficult

Little off topic but there needs to be a tiebraker regarding those who get the "top 10" rewards as its never a top 10 anymore. Maybe make it so that in the event of a tie the person who reached the amount first gets the spot. will make the rewards more exclusive and the battle for top 10 would be a real battle and you would see a lot more competitive leaderboard rather than everyone messaging each other and agreeing to stop at a certain amount of points. Would love to see how high the points go where there isnt a possibly to tie. would certainly be interesting

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

As others have mentioned, there was a damage imbalance.......

I bring this up because there was an "egg smasher elixir"..... Used it a couple times and it was disappointingly irrelevant.....

Would be good to see an "egg smasher elixir" that "actually" gives you a "significant", and "effective" "force of destruction" vs those pesky eggs.... LOL........ I mean, they were tier awards and they "did" wind down in town....... Should have been significant to a point where I could at least get maybe 2 solo runs out of it........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I didn't like much this event. The fact that someone can run hours and hours in map and be overtaken maybe at last second in leaderboard by someone who buys eggs seems not fair. I gained a lot of gold with this event but I didn't like that it was too repetitive and 0 skill was required. In my opinion the bunny should be killable and rarely drop something good, and should be tought to beat. The overall time of one run should be reduced. As many already said the eggs and other things fulled the inventory too fast. Less items but more valueable (= less dropped).
    I liked the content of red/purple and plat eggs that I think was a good move to make people want to farm them or buy them. In my opinion points for leaderboard however should have been for destroying egg machines not opening eggs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to firechandra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

1) Bunny should be killable after all machines are squandered.(Should give bunny token to trade for items and the bunny kill should rarely give bunny ears
    2) Players with lag did not get eggs even when they were in zone as fighting. As a compensation to not give eggs to non-active player in zone(which was right), if I had a lag for 1k at some instance and the machine was killed at this precise moment, the machine didn't drop eggs for me.
    3) The eggs should not be tradeable.
    4) Increase inventory to 750 or next time add bulk open and storage as [Blue Egg x50] etc.
    5) Buff the bunny. Didn't kill players no matter how hard he tried.( Did stun insanely though).
    6) Make players kill all machines in map.
    7) The various tokens added as part of blue/red egg rewards were awesome. Keep that as is.
    8) Why are tier points not made public before start of event? Any strategic reason for that? My suggestion is to make them public, since they are set in guild motd anyway, so good to have this info from the start.
    9) Eat and sleep guys. You work too hard. I don't know how you manage to roll out these events every week, but its been super awesome! Especially the last two events. Loving it so far and hoping for more! Keep it up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oneazeli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Also nerf drop rate of cotton kill and mini buns. They were going for 110g. Lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to oneazeli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

congrats all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think the damage issue for both Warrior and Mage classes was mainly because the event’s bane item only gave a shield to stuns, not stats buff like most other event’s bane items.

In future events more test runs with all classes individually should be taken to insure it is balanced. Stat buffs should always be included in event bane items imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Fun event, many pros already mentioned, highlight of the event for me was the loot found in the eggs :
    • Plat drops
    • Maus points
    • Rune fragments
    • Ankhs
    • Planar fragments

Cons:
    • Pt grinders vs pt buyer. I support the idea of egg machines giving pts to those who grind. If this is not possible to impliment, make some of the eggs as stash/acc bound.
    • Plat puple poachers: lock the event room after mob egg hp bar is present.
    • Too many mini bun buns and pink cottonkill eggs.

In regards too outside of the event, egg drops, that drop rate seemed adequate. Energy essence was good, even found essence dropped bettet in maus. Over all, I was pleased (-minus the pt buy/grind), adding the plat eggs with a high chance of plat being looted was a great was to give back to the community.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Something regarding events and in a way regarding the game progression as a whole. Underhaul and Glintstone are great in design and so was Mausoleum and even this Egg event. But what ive noticed is that the "harder" the maps are getting the more we are getting stunned. There must be another way to make maps more difficult than to add non stop stuns. Non stop Stuns in Maus and Underhaul doesnt make the game harder. Just makes it more annoying and restricts us to certain pets and builds to counter this. Gets boring using Jugg and Nekro every time i attempt Elite underhaul with my tank for example. There must be another way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I really enjoyed the event! Being able to stash the eggs made crafting more bearable across alts and allowed me to reach plat level and the drops were nice, with the exception of the glut of those Bun Bun locked eggs.

There were 3 main issues with the event map rules:
    1. Instance starting before all 4 characters were in and players leaving map after cherry-picking the top machines. So many times I missed plat/purp machines simply because I joined 4th. Lots of those times, it seemed like an original map runner had left after destroying the top machines, on first entering the map I was seeing multiple smoldering machines. I like the idea above that instance doesn't start until 4 chars enters and that instance locks (nobody can leave) until all machines are destroyed. Another way to get folks to stay to end is that eggs drop all at once at end of map once all machines have been disabled in large system explosion of eggs.

2. Speed set players should be segregated from rest of players. Non-speed set players have also spent millions on our gear, it isn't fair for them to zip right to plat and purp and destroy before the rest can even get one hit on machine. Let them run separately or make their sets useless in event maps.

3. This was the worst/most abused of all...Players running 2 chars per map with multiple devices/players just standing there opening their eggs so that max number of active attacks was 3. Multi-device dudes just kept shifting their 2nd char close to the current machine to get the drops. Why should someone get double the eggs and only spend half the potions I do? Also, it seemed like the drops were much better if all players were actively attacking, so quality of drops was not as good for all. Make each char's egg drops dependent on consistent and continuous attack damage and don't allow eggs to be opened in event area.

Terrific event overall, but making it a bit more fair would be an amazing improvement next year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    It was a great event all in all. No complaints, but I want the events to be more fair to the players who spend time to play the game.
    Here is my two cents:

• The Grind vs Riches: The event LB was impossible to beat for a runner even if they play 18 hours a day continuously (rough calculation), the only way to get to top 25 was to play and/or buy eggs. In future kindly give incentive points to the players who spend time to play the event to run LB.

Dont get me wrong, I am in favor of the concept of reducing the gold from rich and getting it distributed to others, but then it demotivated me to see players only logging on weekends and/or on alternate days for an hour, buy eggs and end up in top 10. How much gold did they spend to be on top 10 you ask? well around 70 to 120m (it was nothing for them TBH).

• The Map Time: It took me 5 minutes to finish all machines in a Haste set party, it increased to 8 to 10 minutes if we used Lepre, or if I went solo. It was easy for a Rogue to solo the maps, a little time consuming for Mage and a nightmare for Warriors. In a nutshell: if I craft 5 energy in an hour I wish to spend those energy in 30 minutes even if I solo, may be its time to reconsider map difficulty depending on class and number of players in the instance.
    • The Players in Random (very broad issue):
      1) The instance should only start once all players enter the instance.
      2) The instance should lock immediately if a player breaks a machine (brake crates/kills mobs in other events).
      3) Make players stay in the event zone to complete the instance with everyone. For example: don't display the color of the machine, it will make them destroy all of them.
    • Keep Event Items in Event Zone: I personally think it should be like Hugthulu event, where letters and everything only dropped inside the event zone, and not in the open world. I would appreciate if we continue on the same.

Once again, thanks for checking.
    Strongly back up the first bullet point. I spent countless hours per day (for some days it was almost the whole day farming) and I got kicked off the LB at the end of the event after staying on it the entire event just because a bunch of people tied places with each other and people also just bought and opened eggs. Extremely unfair for people who didn't buy eggs and just ran event and put time in like me. No incentive to play it if rich people just outright win. Very big problem with this event was that you got no extra points for breaking machines which really gave no reason to run the event if you didn't have time and had money to buy points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post

Little off topic but there needs to be a tiebraker regarding those who get the "top 10" rewards as its never a top 10 anymore. Maybe make it so that in the event of a tie the person who reached the amount first gets the spot. will make the rewards more exclusive and the battle for top 10 would be a real battle and you would see a lot more competitive leaderboard rather than everyone messaging each other and agreeing to stop at a certain amount of points. Would love to see how high the points go where there isnt a possibly to tie. would certainly be interesting
    I totally agree with this idea. Its some sort of manipulation of LB if runners would just do a tie. It would totally make the LB more competitive. But not just top 10 but the entire top 50.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Prettylicious For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylicious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    I totally agree with this idea. Its some sort of manipulation of LB if runners would just do a tie. It would totally make the LB more competitive. But not just top 10 but the entire top 50.
    +1.
    Lets remove tie politics from the LB. Lets get tie breakers. Lets be Fair.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Yeah, I liked this event for farming egg purposes, but let's be honest. You all made cottonkill drops common, so now they're 200g in auct. A lv1 player could buy that. And it was for gold tier. Why would a person work all the way up to gold tier just for something that sells 200g in auction? Don't you think they would like something a bit more "rare" than something that drops constantly for all their hard work? All in all, great event (besides me getting ditched in zones half the time and looting cottonkill eggs constantly)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

One thing I really dislike is not having some sort of event boss to kill. Even if it takes 5 seconds to beat it just adds that extra touch that makes running events fun.
    Overall the event was alright. I will say I’m a Big fan of heroic cottontails design. By far my favorite pet aesthetically. Any animal/humanoid type pets that wield weapons are awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool jjeje

Enviado desde mi SM-N910T mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

That event was wonderful! got some very good stuff for all kind of player! got almost 10k ankhs, 7-8k respec and huge amount of almost all token in my satchel just by running lb!
    only thing i would change is to give some bonus points for destroying all machine in map, to force ppl destroying green and blue machine. And maybe the reward for tier should be a little more to push ppl for it. But overall i have really enjoy this event!!

PS: I can fly!!! )))

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post: