Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legend Not to Group Black List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pocket Legend Not to Group Black List

I understand the necessity to have BOOT functionality by the game host

For example a group of guildies started a game, someone non-guidies just joined in, the host kindly asks him/her to leave as the spot is saved for some fellow guildies, which is perfectly fine to boot that person if he refuses to leave.

Or a lvl 5 joined in Alien Oasis 2, Map 1 just because he recently purchased the expansion map. Then the host boot him/her is perfectly fine.

What I cannot tolerate or will be furious are the following situations:

1. When you assisted the group to clear the thresh mobs all the way to the boss, then the host boot you out ask his 13 years old friend to join so they can kill the boss.
    2. Or in a random PUG, just after you drink all your 1,500g potions, they boot you out. That’s why I never ever use Pots at the beginning.
    3. Or a loot dropped in your favour from the 1st boss, the host wants it, constantly nagging you to sell/trade/give for free, but you need it for your sub-character, then he decides to boot you despite 2/3bosses remaining.

We do need some basic Instance/Group Etiquette, this thread is dedicated to name and shame the players did any of above to you, personally I will never ever group with that person.
    Last edited by Smartress; 07-08-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started the thread, might as well start the list, name is Dreamspell, Lvl 45 Enchantress, did Crime 1 twice to me.

I will be stupid to let him to do the 3rd time to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

suggestion : vote kick
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BestHyun View Post
    suggestion : vote kick
    Can you elaborate a bit? is it to cast a question to the group and vote who to kick?
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit? is it to cast a question to the group and vote who to kick?
    somethin like that
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just add people who do stuff like that, or generally get on my nerves to my ignore list. (I hope there is no limit to the number if people you can add to your ignore list, lmao.) That seems to take care of the problem. Fv(k with me once, shame on you: Fv(k with me twice, shame on me. IMO, there doesn't seem to be any good, justifiable reason to continue grouping with known 455h0135. Just a thought, however... Everyone has their preferences.

But you're right about the expense of potions. I think that once the group has advanced so far into the game, a person should be able to have a fair chance to get their shot on winning some loot, especially since serious players spend TONS on potions and elixirs, and are online in-game consistently. I think it's dirty that people use others to clear trash for their friends who probably don't play regularly but want to get epic items for characters which won't be online for the next two campaigns to come even. I definitely think there should be some sort of honor among thieves (and junkies, too, for that matter) in place to discourage this type of behavior.

"I ain't nice all the time." JG, 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Only been booted once, when I joined a game, I have no idea why I was, all I saw was "dammit I'm reporting" followed by - you have been booted by M***m.
    It really makes you go WTF do I spend time with this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I can't stand these situations either. I boot a lot because I am almost always saving the spot for someone.

Another one is when someone say "I get Plasma Swords" you say no, then they boot, I have only done that with Alien Blasters, but I didn't boot if they said no, I would say OK, and move on lol, even when they said yes I didn't count on it I mainly said that to see what they would say or as a joke. If they dropped it I would ask to trade but I wouldn't ask for it for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I even have a quickchat slot setup as "Ok to join?" but didn't even get a chance to ask. Oh well I guess I just harden the ***k up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had the subject on my mind a couple of days back. It’s been a while since I last got booted. It’s annoying. But like for instance. Got booted a lot from this one guys game (I think because he boots for fun or cause he might be saving a spot for someone?), right level for the job, zone was empty, just random boot. No discussion, no arguments, no nothing - think he just likes to create and hang out to boot for the heck of it.

So basically. I just don’t join that characters game if I happen to see it. Helps if they got an original name or something. Or you tend to forget the vague ones. Could even have like a fake name. . .(adding the extra alphabet) booting players having joined a game they created. Give the original character a bad rep. Tht sort of thing.

Who knows. After a point, you figure it’s their loss.

Meanwhile, my reasoning was more along the lines of Player levels. But more importantly Playing Style.

With AO II, I noticed that being a level 40, or say 41, and joining a game that happens to be populated by players at lvl 43 and above, you always have that one fool that suggests booting the character at the lowest level. That is of course if the pragmatic clown isn’t the one with the booting privileges. Presumably to open up space for a potential 43, 44 to join up. Right.

However. This is where playing style comes in. Some of us approach the whole thing as quite simply - a game. We buy potions. . .pop them every couple of seconds and use abilities as soon as they cool down. Others, meanwhile. Heal only when they take damage. Use an ability only to strike at a boss. Do their personal best to conserve their own Mana. Try to spend as little as possible on anything. Damage Elixirs. Exp Elixirs. So on and so forth. So what sense does it make booting a slightly lower lvl. (40-42) from a dungeon specified for players between lvl 40-45. Absolutely none at all. Not at least until you have seen their game.

And dont even get me started on the lvl 45’s who get all surprised when the screen lights up with a combo you jst happened to execute casually. Must of been used to playin in little boot-happy cliques where they were all busy saving up their mana and harassing each other about wanting to trade this drop for another.

Go ahead and run with the selfish-mage who happens to be at level 45 cappd. I’ll take my pots and head elsewhere thanks very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I boot a lot because I am almost always saving the spot for someone.
    Yeahh. . .So I noticed. It wld have helped if you gave the person joining a second to consider their options. But. Like I said. Certain games. I specifically don't join these days. Wht's tht old saying. Once bitten twice shy. . . Oor. . .there are heaps more tht come to mind. . .but nothing more specific at the moment. Is it a saying even? Or a truism? whtever tht is.

Take my potts nd my ADHD infused gameplay to the very next instance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I have my blacklist so to speak, but I don't think posting their names in a thread will do any good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Some good posts here eg Arjun, Thearmin.

As a casual player on lower lvls only booted once, & agreed wd be nice if they say in chat: "goner boot u: Reason. Txs." Then plant the foot!

But sounds I'll take the ignore list if it becomes a hassle higher up, not a power-gamer. I think Guilds could be a part-solution for looking for a team of similar play styles? Plus guild colors would be cool : )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think guilds will solve this problem as well.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts

We could make it so you can't quick join a game or have games listed from someone on your ignore list.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We could make it so you can't quick join a game or have games listed from someone on your ignore list.

-ALS
    That would deffinitely be a good way to slightly remedy the problem. I just don't play enough to even worry about getting booted. XD (unless it is by mystical) It's amazing I even got to 45 in a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

-ALS
    I think this would be great.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-ALS
    That would be awesome.
    Smartress - Level 55 Enchantress
    Superwise - Level 47 Archer
    Swordpanda - Level 53 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-ALS
    I'm against that personally. I use the ignore list to block out spammers, not to lower the amount of games i can see. Besides, you would still end up with those people in your party if they joined a game you were in, or a game you started ( yes you could boot them then). Seems like a half measure that doesn't fully solve what i perceive to be a problem of memory. If a person can't remember a player's name well enough to recognize said player as "black listed", he can't be all that bad.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just play nice. If boot then at least notify. I personally never booted but we have a lot of kids which don't really care.
    IGN: Inching