Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban hammers on me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar:478198
    All clear. Highlight.

No! Not clear! You better give me the stuff or I report you for not doing what I want! :sarcasm:
    Lol
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    All clear. Highlight.

No! Not clear! You better give me the stuff or I report you for not doing what I want! :sarcasm:
    That didn't work too well when I'm on a iPod and all text is black xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattkamp View Post
    Lol I will buy off u for 250k if it makes u feel better about what happened. Hahaha
    Go to the traders market and look for (I think) onyx lvl 21. I added onto that thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You wont get banned just let im report lol. Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enchantereess View Post
    You wont get banned just let im report lol. Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood
    Lol good story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, as an AoA, I think you could've advised him to sell it on CS, so this obvious newbie could've made some more starting gold. At least, that's what I would've done. I never bought stuff from new players for far below the price. I always showed them how to get most out of an item they want to sell, but that's probably just me.

Anyway, is it bannable? no. Is it immoral, even if he needed gold? Maybe.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enchantereess View Post
    Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood
    Low balling is what this is, and if the players had seller's remorse after the fact then why not just give the items back for the gold. There is nothing ban worthy here, but it's obvious that the seller was upset enough to try to form an angry mob to go after the op. Bad deals happen and once that accept button is clicked on the (second) confirmation window, well then a deal is a deal. The aftermath actions of the players involved speak in volumes.

So AoAs just have better blood than me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:478276
    Personally, as an AoA, I think you could've advised him to sell it on CS, so this obvious newbie could've made some more starting gold. At least, that's what I would've done. I never bought stuff from new players for far below the price. I always showed them how to get most out of an item they want to sell, but that's probably just me.

maybe but the guy was on a 21 farmer, not many people make a farmer without knowing how much the thing they are farming is worth and considering he made an offer before nick countered shows that he had a clue what he was doing.

IMO no you didnt do anything wrong, he made an offer, you countered, he accepted your counter, this doesnt qualify as a scam therefore there is nothing that can get you banned no matter how many people he had report you. He was probably having a moment of sellers remorse and was trying to threaten you to get his stuff back, dont sweat it.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I actually agree with Lowly here, 21 gear isn't owned by noobs, and certainly not 2 pieces of it. Sellers remorse is no different than buyers remorse, and in both cases you just have to take your licks. I've overpaid and undersold a few times, and its aggravating, but that's part of trying to grow gold, risk and reward.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    maybe but the guy was on a 21 farmer, not many people make a farmer without knowing how much the thing they are farming is worth and considering he made an offer before nick countered shows that he had a clue what he was doing.
    Not saying you don't, but do you actually know the person yourself? I mean, how can you be sure about the fact he wasn't just a lv20'ish who got that drop while leveling? And as for the price, that's easy to find out, even for a low level. 30sec to check cs and compare it to similar, or even better, the same item... Or ask his friends. Maybe he just sold it because he never thought he could get more for it, or even the amount as it was posted on CS, showing that he truly was a newbie. If he was such an experienced player, why would he come back later to buy it again? It looks a lot like he really just understood the real value AFTER he sold it, again confirming his newbie status.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this as being the exact thing that happened, it just seems logical after reading all the comments here.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

He needed glyph steel blades so I think he had a 60-61 account. He agreed to my offer than regretted it after the fact. He came up to me and said do you want to but these for 500k and I said "I'll pay 200k!" and he kind of thought about it, then accepted... I offered 200k jokingly because I really didn't want it so I offered him a dirt low price to try to have him say "that's way to low! I'll pass" or something similar..

BTW: lowly you are 110% correct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    He needed glyph steel blades so I think he had a 60-61 account. He agreed to my offer than regretted it after the fact. He came up to me and said do you want to but these for 500k and I said "I'll pay 200k!" and he kind of thought about it, then accepted... I offered 200k jokingly because I really didn't want it so I offered him a dirt low price to try to have him say "that's way to low! I'll pass" or something similar..

BTW: lowly you are 110% correct
    Maybe he just wanted them to sell them, to compensate for his loss? Anyway, I'm not trying to put you in a bad daylight here or anything. It just feels off that he would go as far as to report you, that's all

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Maybe he just wanted them to sell them, to compensate for his loss? Anyway, I'm not trying to put you in a bad daylight here or anything. It just feels off that he would go as far as to report you, that's all
    It has happened several times to me when it comes to merching >.>
    I buy a item off a guy for a price he suggests first, I post in cs, he finds out the price I posted it at, he has a hissy fit because I wont talk to him, and he goes straight to the old fashioned "im gunna get you banned if you don't give it back" technique...

For example (true story): a player is advertising out loud in a cs, "orcish wildfire bow of doom for 2k". I and a few others say I'll buy it but I'm the first to trade. He trades with me and the other buys are upset. He accepts the deal and shortly after another upset buys tells him it's worth 200k. The seller gets mad and throws the ban hammer at me. (this was not recent)
    Last edited by Nick41324; 11-11-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

It has happened several times to me when it comes to merching >.>
    I buy a item off a guy for a price he suggests first, I post in cs, he finds out the price I posted it at, he has a hissy fit because I wont talk to him, and he goes straight to the old fashioned "im gunna get you banned if you don't give it back" technique...

For example (true story): a player is advertising out loud in a cs, "orcish wildfire bow of doom for 2k". I and a few others say I'll buy it but I'm the first to trade. He trades with me and the other buys are upset. He accepts the deal and shortly after another upset buys tells him it's worth 200k. The seller gets mad and throws the ban hammer at me. (this was not recent)
    I understand where you're coming from. It's just that I always tell people the actual worth of an item, when they make a ridiculous low offer. They're usually thankful and sell it for a higher price afterwards. It's just a difference in point of view I guess. Can't blame you for your way of merching, it's not like you're really scamming anyone

U rok, thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    In my opinion, I would have given back the stuff for the money. Would have left me with a clear conscience, unlike you.
    ??? A deal is a deal. Are you saying you would have offered the deal, then later when they got mad you'd feel bad about it and trade back?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I was seriously considering giving him his stuff back, but he acted extremely rude to me.. When you want your stuff back, the last thing you want to do is say your going to get them banned. I'm sure if he asked nicely I would have accepted.
    Then that's completely understandable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    ??? A deal is a deal. Are you saying you would have offered the deal, then later when they got mad you'd feel bad about it and trade back?
    if they believed they made a mistake, and desperately wanted their stuff back in a polite tone, I would have traded it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Player to player there is no issue what so ever, once the confirm button is pressed.

But being an AoA or GoA, has responsibilities in my opinion.

Ask yourself... did you both get a fair price? And did you do everything in your power to ensure he was fully informed of what you were offering compared to the market price? If you're happy then there's no issue.

Am i being too square, probably. Remember STS can take away AoA & GoA status' without banning people if they feel the Official AoA Guidelines have been broken.

Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about but be careful and open in all transactions to avoid the need to have to post this kind of thread. just my 2lira for what its worth.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 11-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    But being an AoA or GoA, has responsibilities in my opinion.
    I agree completely with this. Although I think the question would be more whether you made the deal in the first place. Not undoing it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

You're fine. While the price may have been much better for you, than him... it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Obviously he regrets his decision, but that's the choice he made.