Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAN from games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Default BAN from games

If you play lower lvl pvp you know exactly what im talking about. there are always those few player that dont like you too much so they rush you every time they see you in pvp. I want there to be a capibility to were i can ban those players from my games.
    Now im not talking about the newer players that dont get the rules of pvp... No, im talking about the near pro-players that rush everyone to gain kills then leave before you can boot, then join again, rush AGAIN, then leave...

please make a ban button STS! im begging you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick41324 For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Sounds a bit extreme to me if it's just over a tactic that is frowned upon but not actually "illegal" to use. I mean are there even really rules to PvP,or is it more like an unsaid code that players agree to adhere to. The problem is that some players choose not to play by those set of rules, it's not ban worthy nor should you be able to have them black listed from your games. If these are the same players that use vulgar chat to degrade others, then they will have their day, but if they refrain from profanity and just rush, rinse, repeat, then there is really nothing to do but boot and move on. Maybe these players don't actually know how to respect the code, if no one talks about it how can one really enforce it?

Perhaps a seasoned vet should write up some rules and regs for pvpers, but keep in mind that all players don't have access to the forums so the rules won't be for all to see. It's more like a book that is passed down from generation to generation and if you never got your hands on it, or never had a mentor then you can go weeks even months without any knowledge of how the game is meant to be played. As far as others are concerned rushing works and nets kills, playing fair isn't in everyone's vocabulary. If someone is bigger and larger and going to win then sometimes taking the cheap shot and running away is the winning strategy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    If you play lower lvl pvp you know exactly what im talking about. there are always those few player that dont like you too much so they rush you every time they see you in pvp. I want there to be a capibility to were i can ban those players from my games.
    Now im not talking about the newer players that dont get the rules of pvp... No, im talking about the near pro-players that rush everyone to gain kills then leave before you can boot, then join again, rush AGAIN, then leave...

please make a ban button STS! im begging you

I agree with you 100%. It always struck me funny why there's an ignore button but they can still join your games. Also, it should work for pve games as well. I can think of it now: guy tries to join YOUR game, it says "sorry, he has you on "Game-ignore" or (or something) and send him back to towne. +1

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos View Post
    I agree with you 100%. It always struck me funny why there's an ignore button but they can still join your games. Also, it should work for pve games as well. I can think of it now: guy tries to join YOUR game, it says "sorry, he has you on "Game-ignore" or (or something) and send him back to towne. +1
    There is no "ignore" button as it is a mute button now. Think of how most players get muted, it's usually because the spam Balefort or FH and you get tired of hearing them, now they're permabanned from your games and cannot even say sorry since you cannot hear them. Just sounds a bit harsh to me since kicking someone removes them from your game and doesn't allow them to come back into the same instance. At one point I would have loved if ignore removed the player from my existance since that is what ignore meant to me, but since STS has revamped what that feature was about we have to play nice and just silence those who annoy us. Kicking them is a whole other feature, and I doubt that STS will ever let us ban players no matter the reasons we may have. I could see it getting to the point were certain players will have burned so many bridges that they won't even be able to see any games when they enter the filter screen due to being banned by every player that hosts games.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 11-11-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    There is no "ignore" button as it is a mute button now. Think of how most players get muted, it's usually because the spam Balefort or FH and you get tired of hearing them, now they're permabanned from your games and cannot even say sorry since you cannot hear them. Just sounds a bit harsh to me since kicking someone removes them from your game and doesn't allow them to come back into the same instance.
    Funny, I find "mute" to sound more harsh than "ignore" but you see; this is all opinion based. What sounds harsh to some may not sound harsh as harsh to others. I for one wouldn't want a jerk joining me because if I have him on IGNORE than why would I want him in my games? Very simple: I wouldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I usally host on a lvl 17 account and then hop on my 22 account so no higher than lvl 22 people can join. 'The haters' see it's me hosting on a lower account and come in and rush me while I'm talking to a friend... So THEN... I need to hop on my lvl 17 account to boot them and they end up leaving, so I end up going back on my 22 and they join and rush me again.

STS really needs to make a ban button pronto...

Extremely good point hank. I don't want people I ignore in my games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

A ban button? I haven't thought of this before. A good idea

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

The logic for disallowing certain people from joining instances that you are in is difficult.

There would be collisions in the logic.

Imagine (using 'Disallow' as the terminology for not allowing a particular player to join an instance that you are in):
    Player A has Disallowed Player B
    Player C is hosting a run that Player A is in
    Player C has invited Player B
    Player B cannot join due to being Disallowed by Player A

In this case, would you make Player C's invite supercede Player A's Disallow? Would that mean Player B and Player A would now have to be in the same instance? Or, would Player C's invite superced in a manner in which Player B is able to join and then Player A is auto-booted for having Player B on his/her Disallow list?

Depending on the logic used, you could basically end up with a ton of non-full games due to everybody having each other on their Disallow list.

Messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default eh

i personnally dnt Pvp to much i did at like lvl 10 now tht i went back at lvl 60 there are "Rules?" Of course i got booted multiple times for "rushing" took me awhile to figure out tht even though u battle it out with other players, it has to be organized and controlled for it to be "fun." I personally dnt even like the fact the ppl took upon themselves to make rules for Pvp. I am a fan of jst joing/hosting and killing my fellow PL players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilgangster View Post
    i personnally dnt Pvp to much i did at like lvl 10 now tht i went back at lvl 60 there are "Rules?" Of course i got booted multiple times for "rushing" took me awhile to figure out tht even though u battle it out with other players, it has to be organized and controlled for it to be "fun." I personally dnt even like the fact the ppl took upon themselves to make rules for Pvp. I am a fan of jst joing/hosting and killing my fellow PL players.
    Pretty much every decent player knows the rules of conduct in pvp. I'm talking about the players that know the rules but they hate you an rush you every time they see you in a game. I would like to ban these players from all the games I host.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    No no no... I was talking about who ever is host. Who ever is on the hosts 'ban list' is not allowed in. Not to sound harsh, but nobody else's ban list matters in that lobby, only the hosts.

-Player A is hosting and Player B joins.
    -After player B joins, Player C joins the lobby.
    -Player C is on Player B's ban list but it doesn't matter because Player B isn't hosting the lobby.

Take that into consideration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    The logic for disallowing certain people from joining instances that you are in is difficult.

There would be collisions in the logic.

Imagine (using 'Disallow' as the terminology for not allowing a particular player to join an instance that you are in):

In this case, would you make Player C's invite supercede Player A's Disallow? Would that mean Player B and Player A would now have to be in the same instance? Or, would Player C's invite superced in a manner in which Player B is able to join and then Player A is auto-booted for having Player B on his/her Disallow list?

Depending on the logic used, you could basically end up with a ton of non-full games due to everybody having each other on their Disallow list.

Messy.
    ah someone who understands logic and how it might relate to coding. Oh, and since I'm here, rushing is part of the game. If they wanted to disallow rushing there would be an invincible cool down for when you spawn. This option would keep you from dieing and would also keep you from casting spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm kinda with Dru on this, but a different kind of logic. You can password protect games and if you do not, aren't you expecting anyone to just join? Given that premise, you should be prepared for battle at all times when someone joins not chatting. I like reading Sun Tzu and found this quote,

"One skilled at battle takes a stand in the ground of no defeat
    And so does not lose the enemy's defeat.
    Therefore, the victorious military is first victorious
    and after that does battle.
    The defeated military first does battle and after that
    seeks victory.
    And so one who is skilled cultivates Tao and
    preserves method.
    Thus one can be the measure of victory and defeat."

Nick, honestly you are not prepared for battle if you are chatting. Knowing that in an open game you will get rushers, you should always be prepared by being in the most powerful position of the map and ready for battle as soon as someone drops in. Sorry if this seems too critical, it just seems to me that paying more attention to the "battle" is more important than chatting. You can chat in town without dying.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Rushing is 100% legal according to tos
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just choose 4 major rushers and put /boot somerandomguy reason in the quick chat and if they join you can boot then quickly.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    Just choose 4 major rushers and put /boot somerandomguy reason in the quick chat and if they join you can boot then quickly.
    Most rusher I do that to bring another account and rush me.. By the time I buff, because I don't know who it is, I'm dead -__-
    Last edited by Nick41324; 11-11-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nick I know what u mean, players rush other cos they don't like the other player"s name. But u just have to ignore them and move on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I thought they added a system so only people within your lvl range can join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Instead of completely "banning" these rushers, which I agree is too harsh an action, why not suggest a system that discourages, if not, removes rushing completely? An in-depth analysis on this behaviour could lead to a mechanism that would completely remove it.

I suspect that this "ban" feature would only fully work towards end-game as well. A 10-20 twink can be made within a few hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

There is propably no way to ever abbandon rushing from PvP, since it is part of it. There are many 'rush' games which are FFA = free for all. So I don't see a way to get rid of rushers in 1v1 maps. (maybe some kind of customized game, where you can set some rules like agreement on fight...)
    I must admit that i like the idea of having a list of people who are not allowed in my games since there are some dedicated rushers and smack talkers out there.
    Anyways, I am not getting too annoyed of rushers. When the person is new to PvP rushing once is forgivable. If someone joins the game who is known to be a rusher, I am prepared. And any person won't rush me more than once