Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzzy Bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Crash is a god amonst pvp bears and makes the bear class look easy.

Personally I prefer to be a hybrid dex bear, using the talon or bow to farm with.

Perhaps more str tyben bears should voice an opinion about the set, so sts have a more in depth understanding of the weaknesses.

Its difficult to give constructive unbiased opionions if your favourite class is a mage or bird and so forth.
    I have made 2 threads about it now. The reason why people don't care nearly as much about bear is because nobody plays them people just play the dominant classes being mage and bird. Rhino is another story but that's basically the just of what's going on at 105 pvp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I'm kinda confused about this wording, but from what I'm picking up, you're misunderstanding weapon speed. Weapon speed show the attack speed of the weapons a determining factor in DPS, not player movement...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    weapon speed changin movement speed . u can try on diferrent items and see easly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I have made 2 threads about it now. The reason why people don't care nearly as much about bear is because nobody plays them people just play the dominant classes being mage and bird. Rhino is another story but that's basically the just of what's going on at 105 pvp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Which is why we want to make bear good lel.

Honestly hasn't been that good since 76.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Bear is feasible, and not as weak as y'all making it out to be... your all just used to being able to nuke as a str class... i can tell because most bears i fight just stand there and let me kill them instead of getting back while their skills cooldown.

I've been beaten by bears as have many other mages.... birds however have everything going for them atm. You can get a ridiculously op 1k armor 100 dodge buff your 1 hand set, and a 13m un-removable root effect on the 2h set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Which is why we want to make bear good lel.

Honestly hasn't been that good since 76.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Weapon speed+weapon damage=dps
    Quote Originally Posted by qkb View Post
    weapon speed changin movement speed . u can try on diferrent items and see easly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Bear is feasible, and not as weak as y'all making it out to be... your all just used to being able to nuke as a str class... i can tell because most bears i fight just stand there and let me kill them instead of getting back while their skills cooldown.

I've been beaten by bears as have many other mages.... birds however have everything going for them atm. You can get a ridiculously op 1k armor 100 dodge buff your 1 hand set, and a 13m un-removable root effect on the 2h set.

It is, but feasible doesn't work out well when almost every other class is better than feasible.

I haven't seen many foxes in endgame.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

This is your perspective, some bears beat me way more than i beat them... while i was teaching dark yesterday we watched zoro beat muzzing and make it look easy, one match was 4-1. I feel like alot of you talking about bear absolutely needing a buff just need more practice. Pvp changes with every cap and the strategy used before doesn't always work. Ik alot of bears got way used to being able to bec,cb,stomp,sms and kill every mage every time... but it's a str class and str classes are not damage classes, their tank classes.
    It is, but feasible doesn't work out well when almost every other class is better than feasible.

I haven't seen many foxes in endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

This is your perspective, some bears beat me way more than i beat them... while i was teaching dark yesterday we watched zoro beat muzzing and make it look easy, one match was 4-1. I feel like alot of you talking about bear absolutely needing a buff just need more practice. Pvp changes with every cap and the strategy used before doesn't always work. Ik alot of bears got way used to being able to bec,cb,stomp,sms and kill every mage every time... but it's a str class and str classes are not damage classes, their tank classes.

Yeah, they do need a buff. The sword is slow, they don't do an awful lot of damage and can only tank with axe which makes bears do basically no dmg especially to healers. As it stands right now bear is extremely weak in 1v1 and maybe a little better in teams. There are some exceptions but they're situational and rare. I should know, I play the class and know a lot of people who do as well. Combine that with what used to be an underwhelming sword proc (now is half-decent), they really are not as strong as you think they are. Yes, we are tank classes but we can't even do that right.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

A little better in teams? Before i even had a set getrevoked and i with him in a 105 set could usually win 2v3s... bears are ridiculously good for team fights...
    Yeah, they do need a buff. The sword is slow, they don't do an awful lot of damage and can only tank with axe which makes bears do basically no dmg especially to healers. As it stands right now bear is extremely weak in 1v1 and maybe a little better in teams. There are some exceptions but they're situational and rare. I should know, I play the class and know a lot of people who do as well. Combine that with what used to be an underwhelming sword proc (now is half-decent), they really are not as strong as you think they are. Yes, we are tank classes but we can't even do that right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

A little better in teams? Before i even had a set getrevoked and i with him in a 105 set could usually win 2v3s... bears are ridiculously good for team fights...

Like I said, situational. We still can't tank much or do gobs of dmg so we don't stand out in any way. Sword is unbelievably slow and proc is already god awful, I wish it got a major rework.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Like I said, situational. We still can't tank much or do gobs of dmg so we don't stand out in any way. Sword proc is already god awful and I wish it got a major rework.
    A rework like swapping with talon proc? Cuz it seems the dex/damage set has the tank proc, and the str/tank set has the damage proc imo

As far as situational goes... it's not hard to just put yourself IN that situation. It just takes practice. Alot of people askingfor change, are people that from whay i can tell, don't take experience into the factor...
    If bears are already strong in teamplay, and teamplay is the focus this cap, buffing that class to better suit 1v1 would make it way op in teamplay where it's already good

Last edited by Jilsponie; 05-23-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

A rework like swapping with talon proc? Cuz it seems the dex/damage set has the tank proc, and the str/tank set has yhe damage proc imo

Yeah actually I was thinking the same thing. Bears could benefit more from a self activate-able proc like an armor buff.

Or maybe when the proc shield is active, attackers get a guaranteed burn? Hmmmm I might make a thread for this so Cinco can see it.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Just saying, you guys are gonna wanna be careful what you wish for. While I agree that bears are pretty trash 1v1, they are game-changers in team play situations. If they get the buff most of you are asking for, they will be the utmost lethal element in FFA (and next thing you know, people are saying, ‘bears need a nerf’).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. I do however believe swapping the talon proc and sword proc would help balance 1v1s somewhat while not having too much of an impact on ffa. Since typically in ffa players try to take the tank down last to prevent rev.
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Just saying, you guys are gonna wanna be careful what you wish for. While I agree that bears are pretty trash 1v1, they are game-changers in team play situations. If they get the buff most of you are asking for, they will be the utmost lethal element in FFA (and next thing you know, people are saying, ‘bears need a nerf’).

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. I do however believe swapping the talon proc and sword proc would help balance 1v1s somewhat while not having too much of an impact on ffa. Since typically in ffa players try to take the tank down last to prevent rev.

I see your point in terms of making bears remain tanky and so forth by switching the procs, but from my observations, I feel like it's the bears damage output that isn't enough in 1v1 situations if anything. Maybe their damage proc needs to be adjusted somehow.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

What about rhinos though?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Rhinos would be even more op in 1v1s as they already are nearly impossible to kill, but they are not quite as useful as a bear in ffa situations. I believe many have been asking for a rhino buff nerf for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    What about rhinos though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Stop suggesting things 1v1 based. Only 2/3s of people enjoy 1v. This is supposed to be team based game.