Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Quitting

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Quitting

I've decided to quit the forums. This site has become uncreative, unsupportive, annoying, and drama filled. The only thing I get out of this now is negativity, and the feeling that I can't do anything on here without the "forum police" saying something. I can show in example in almost any new post where people are telling a previous poster that something they said, or did, was wrong, was already said in another thread, or correcting their grammar And this is coming from the supposed "leaders" of the forums.

Here's a thought... Fall back to what your parents/parent/guardian taught, or should have taught, you. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Or if you don't have anything to add to the conversation, don't speak.

Here is somethings I have observed, or have already pondered. Maybe you should ponder these things too...

- Every main topic, and most of the minor ones, that can be covered, have been covered. Maybe the OP doesn't know how to use the search
    function. Maybe they didn't find the information they wanted. Maybe they just want to make their own post. In the end, what does it matter??
    Seriously, if there are 20 threads on where is the best place to farm gold, does one more post hurt?? Maybe, just maybe, someone found a
    better spot then is listed in any of the first 20 threads.

- If I'm not allowed to create a thread that has been created before, why can't I post on an old thread? I mean, I have a question that I want
    answered. I see that there is a thread asking the question, I would like more information. Oh wait, the thread is over two weeks old. I am not
    allowed to post on there, or I will be "frowned upon" for necro-posting. Or maybe I have been gone for awhile, and this is my first time back on
    the forums. I see a funny thread, and would like to add to it. But now I can't because it's been too long. Shame on me.

- You have written the same opinion on power leveling, double posting, creating a similar thread, necro-posting, post boosting, and whatever else
    you "frown upon". Search for it. If I can't create a similar thread, you can't give me a similar opinion.

- I didn't know there were so many english majors on here. If I spell a word wrong, forget a punctuation, use a wrong abbreviation, or do
    something else that "frowned upon" by the english language, so what?? Did you get the message I was trying to get across?? Yes, move on.
    No, ask for clarification. However, the fact that you are correcting me, says you got the point I was making.

- Did I double post? Yes. This affects you how?

- I can buy 1.5x, 2x, 3x, and 4x elixers with plat. Guess what? I just paid STS to power level me. Power leveling is "frowned upon". Are you
    "frowning upon" STS right now? No, then get over it. I agree people need to learn to play the game. They can learn how to play any way they
    want. I personally don't power level someone, unless I know them, or they have another toon, and know how to play. If I host a game and a
    bad player joins, I still finish the run. I try to teach them how to play. If after a couple runs, they show they don't care to learn, I boot them...
    with a real reason.

- My opinion is just that... mine. Give me your opinion, comments, or thoughts. Don't tell me how stupid, wrong, or noobish I am. Because at
    that point, your opinion is as stupid, wrong, or noobish as you think mine is.

- You are boosting your post count by complaining that I'm boosting my post count.

- A post count is a number. You don't win a prize for the most posts of the day. You rep meter is green or red. Kinda like the Christmas colors.
    I won't think less of you because your bar is red. I see people on here with 3 or 4 green bars. I think they do more flaming than most people.
    But, since the main group of forum people keep giving them thumbs up, they get lots of green bars. Those people have red bars in my eyes.

- "Frowning upon" someone is an idle threat. Do you pay attention to idle threats in real life? No, then stop giving them out on here.

- Don't say I'm walking on thin ice. In case you haven't realized, you can't really do anything to me. Again, idle threat.

- I bet one on the "english majors" on here has found something wrong with this post.

- I bet there is stuff I'm leaving out.

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

I've met some pretty descent people on here. And some of the people I thought were cool, have shown me how hypocritical, arrogant, immature, or petty they really are. Just like in real life, I don't really speak to them anymore. The negativity has gotten so bad on here, it's making me not enjoy playing PL. I actually feel a sense of relief knowing that I won't be on here anymore.

See ya in the game!!
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Noooo! Zheo! I enjoy your posts on the forums! I read through the entire thing, I realize your points, some of them I am guilty of as well, but that's what makes us human. Please consider staying. (:

Also, I may be one of those grammar police, but honestly, I don't ask for much. All I ask is the post be written with at least enough grammar that I can understand it without having to decipher what was truly meant as to what it is saying. The simple period is all I ask, tbh. I know I don't have the best grammar myself, but is it that wrong to ask for a comprehendible post?
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-13-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Yeah, I assume some of that is directed at me too. :/ Don't leave!
    Change my ways, I must.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

That was very well thought out, highly constructive, and made me reflect, which is why it makes me so sad to read that you are quitting forums when the forums need as many thoughtful people like you as possible I hope that people become more self-conscious and indeed follow that old idiom of saying nice things because gosh knows the last thing we need is negativity in this world.

I regret that the environment of the forums has led to this at all. I myself didn't start talking for a while, just being a silent reader. It is because of some things you mentioned that I started making posts rather than just be an observer I know my persuasive skills are pretty weak, but I hope you stay or at least come back very, very, very soon!

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE:479983

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

See ya in the game!!

Made me laugh. Lol I thank you *bows*.

What a heck of a last thread! Lol

Hope to see you ingame sometime.

On topic:
    Are you complaining about people complaining about people who make mistakes?
    Or
    Complaining about people complaining about those who complain?
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I've felt this way about forums before too, as well as having been guilty of some things mentioned. I apologize if I ever rubbed you the wrong way. Hope you change your mind Zheo.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more. Well thought out and worded. Too bad you must leave though.

Good luck and hope to see you in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:48000
    as well as having been guilty of some things mentioned.
    We have all done that.

Let me take the time an apologize for everyone else.

We the community of STS apologize for doing what was stated by you the OP.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Lol, I'm not a leader so none of that is directed at me. Some of it I did at one point and it ended in flames so I've altered my approach since then:

I was never taught the golden rule, so I say what I think needs to be said negative or otherwise.

I mentioned using the search function once and it ended in flames, so I learned players are going to create threads no matter what, there is a bit of mystery surrounding how one cannot necro post but one cannot start a new thread on an old topic. Guess some questions are best left unanswered. If I see a topic that has been discusses I usually redirect to the old thread and quote the best solution.

I only pull out the grammar card when I cannot understand the point one is trying to make.

On the topic of double posting and post boosting, I could care less who chooses to do it. I've heard that some apps don't allow one to edit their posts so that could explain some doubles. Sometimes I wonder if players think that the forum is going to run out of space, like a notebook runs out of paper so they are trying to conserve the precious online trees.

I do flame and have a few green bars (with no reasonable explanation as to how I got them), so maybe I should shoulder that one... maybe not.

Threats are pointless since it's all fun and games, an Internet tough guy isn't something I aim to be.

Overall it's a spot on critique of what seems to be going on lately. Being on the forums does take up time if you're willing to let it and once it is no longer fun then moving on is the best possible solution. See you in game (unless I really was one of the people you were talking about).
    *bites nails*

Edit: I usually end up editing my posts for fear of the grammar police. There is nothing worse than having your entire point made moot simply because you used he instead of she, their instead of there or the famous iPhone auto-incorrection decided to change a word entirely.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 11-13-2011 at 12:32 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I am imune to thee flames =)I only use the search function if I want to Necro posts- Ive used it 4 times
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Ironic. Drama within the drama. Dramception.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

lol we are all guilty of these points at some point, no one can escape that fact. humans arent perfect, the way we think isnt perfect, nothing we do is perfect, just gotta learn to move on and enjoy life

sorry the forums have become so negative for you zheo, im certain i am one of those people who has deterred you from the forums and i am very sorry for that. IMO i only see negativity on threads that start with negativity and normally i leave them alone after i read the OP and go about enjoying all the other funny/informative posts all throughout this forum, i dont think this place will ever turn out for me the way it did for you, my ADD doesnt let me dwell on negativity for too long lol. Like everyone else on this thread will most likely post, see you ingame and i hope you will someday change your mind and return to this wonderous place

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree with these points. I joined more than a year ago and am pretty shocked by what has come of the forums. I'm sorry to see that it's come to a point where it's time to leave the forums.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

100% agree

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Lol a drama filled post complaining about people complaning and drama.
    Now back to topic. It's sad to hear that you are quitting. I have fallen victom a few times to some of the natural problems as we all had. (just look in the beta archives. I was feisty back then. )

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well said I totally agree..

And the people and thier habits you are complaining about did'nt even left this post too..

Well thats the reason i visit the forums once in 2 or 3 weeks to check the trader's market...

And the reason for all of this is a STUPID SHIELD AND TO BE CALLED AS GUARDIAN OF ATTERA..
    Last edited by zuesmirza; 11-13-2011 at 01:41 AM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post
    In btw whats AOA?
    Ambassadors of Alterra. Read about it HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator7 View Post
    After careful consideration, we've made our selections for the founding members of the Ambassadors of Alterra. We looked specifically at those who have been a part of the design process for the program, and those who have a history of helping. We also selected a few that aren't as established in the community, but seemed bright and wanted to give them a chance to shine.

For those just learning about this, Ambassadors of Alterra are a group of players whose main function is to help new players on the site get started and assimilate into the game and community. Soon you will see them in-world on alternate accounts with special costumes. Be sure to say hi!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post

- I bet one on the "english majors" on here has found something wrong with this post.
    One "on"? I LOLd. In a funny way. Well played, and if it wasn't intentional, even better.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you for stating some of what I have been thinking lately myself. I try not to say things that I wouldn't want said to myself.
    I try not to police, but if I am guilty of it, I am sorry.
    Please stay, we need open minded, free thinking spirited people here
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Zheotare right on tha muny!
    Never talked to you but hopefully see u n game
    Ign:lwmark