Thread: On the New Item Scaling

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default On the New Item Scaling

I have been out of the Country for two weeks, so this is my first time seeing the new item scaling, so I apologize if what I am posting has already been stated or if there is a specific place for feedback on this issue. I am fully against the idea of item scaling in SL as it prevents non-level cap toons from looting level cap items, and this can have far reaching effects that might not have been considered.
    First, it separates farming from leveling. The amount of experience required to reach the level cap is increasing at a very high rate, and I was OK with that, as you previously did not need to be at the cap to farm the 'best' equipment. As long as there was a level cap player in the group, you could farm for items and also gain experience at the same time. I understand that this is equipment you are not able to use yet, but the chance at looting a purple or even a pink is what makes the game exciting. By removing that chance, this turns the leveling part into work required to reach the level cap so you can then farm.
    Second, and this goes along with the first, it makes it so there is ZERO reason for a non-level cap player to kill the boss. There has been a steady increase in players playing through a level then remaking before the boss due to the higher experience level, but there has always been players still willing to play the game as designed. Since these sub level cap players no longer have even a chance at a purple or a pink when killing a boss, it completely removes the incentive for them to do so.
    Third, and this of course is a continuation of the others, this will also affect level cap players. Level cap players doing a run with non-level cap players will find themselves alone when it comes to the boss. Since non-level cap players have no incentive to kill the boss, only the level-cap players will be left. This will either lead to players having a hard time finding a team to play through the entire level, or whole-sale booting of non-level cap players at the beginning of the level to ensure a full group at the boss. Consider the Mysterious Figure. Sub-35's have no incentive to spend the time killing him, and level 35+ players could find it quite hard when the rest of their team has baled.

Just some thoughts.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

The last boss can be intimidating but my group always kills him. Any lvl should want to kill him.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The last boss can be intimidating but my group always kills him. Any lvl should want to kill him.
    Would you always kill him if you had ZERO chance at getting a pink or a purple?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

i don like updates that change drops at all coz they destroy your farming and ah strategy till that point, but this update seems to have given me more money in the long run, why:
    1- the purps have become rarer now, and are bound to fetch more prices, strangely enough this started happening just before the update, no clue why
    2- the boss drops lower level greens (26-28), which still fetch between 400-3500 in the ah, the same prices they were going for before the drops and they were much much harder to farm then
    3- I have a low level twink im grinding through the slow xp runs on venom-scorcher and there are barely 4-5 games alive throughout the day, so all the stuff is still pretty rare

what really hurts though is looking at level 26 shields going for 5k it was so hard to get one, and felt so good having one... thkfully I was able to just about use it before the update lol