Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Log in to Pocket Legends for Crazy XP Now through the end of November!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Snub, or other "older" players, I'd ask that you not think of this as cheapening your experience (for having played up through levels when they were "harder") but rather, keeping a steady flow of new people for you to get pugs with (and ya never know, they might be some cool peeps to get to know too - but I can't promise anything, because well, they're people with all their flaws and unique bits).

Just throwing that out there.
    Very nice thinking, wouldve never thought about this. Anyways time to level up my mage after a while of neglect.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJMdivine For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hey Snub, or other "older" players, I'd ask that you not think of this as cheapening your experience (for having played up through levels when they were "harder") but rather, keeping a steady flow of new people for you to get pugs with (and ya never know, they might be some cool peeps to get to know too - but I can't promise anything, because well, they're people with all their flaws and unique bits).

I totally agree ol SamHayne buddy... lol Just wanted to say that... THANKS CINCO!!!
    -Airaven, Master of Golden Legends! And.. Awesome of course.. DUH!
    Don't forget to thank me!! I will highly appreciate it!! Do not eat him! Or else.. HEHE. -->

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wow! Nice!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thanks!
    This is only till the end of november, though, right?
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

sweet! i guess its time to lvl up my bear! =]
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So cool!!!!!
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

My PL life is saved once again

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Turn on the printing press Mr. Bernanke, inflate the experience...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

This is the perfect opportunity to get my bird caught up too I finally got hi to 51 haha. First I MUST get red to 66.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Are there boosts for level 60 and up?
    I didn't see them posted so I figured I would raise the question.
    I however did notice a significant boost while playing last night.
    I was dead tired, but had to play mt fang. Lol
    I must say I am red in the face about my performance.
    Seemed I couldn't keep up with my team, which isn't like me at all.
    Blush Blush

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I find two posts from Sam that I completely agree with in the same day. Disturbing...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    No video of cinco going nuts?
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2t48qD04s

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

is this curve being done for 65-66? i want to know if im going to hit 66 by the end of the month or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Awesome change!! The curve feels much more reasonable now. I can play for half an hour or so and at the end look at the xp bar and see that it moved somewhat, and think to myself "ok I made some progress today". It makes a lot of sense for the more casual players, and the hardcore still have the elite cap. It's also easier to group if most people are at the same level. When I logged I was stuck at 57 with all my friends in the new maps, and there was literally one single group in Nuri's that was going anywhere. So I was very glad to be able to level through that area fast and not be separated from everyone else.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

will this stack with elixirs? (i.e. i have a 58 mage and its 4x and i buy a 4x elixir, will it become 8x?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation

I'm not having the same "Yay!" feelings I see here. I've been pushing hard (where I can give the time and money) and got to 60 last week. From comments I'd seen around I had the impression the cap raise would be the week after Thanksgiving, a logical time. I have time off and thought "I'll have just enough time to make the cap this time!" Then I found out that yesterday while I was working late (middleware doesn't like you taking time off, it breaks to keep you around late) Mt. Fang was released. All the boosts mentioned are for catching up to me - effectively a penalty for almost making it.

For some reason STS won't tell us when releases are coming out. There are no reasons for this that are based on taking care of the customers. The reasons that make sense are pulling in money and poor planning.

As I understand it, I'm now out 2 "real" pieces of the persistence set. There may be vanities but I can't earn the full set (or even a mostly full set) now.

This seems like valuing new customers and looking down on the existing ones.

If it's what you want, I'll stop giving you money. At some point you'll have more ex-customers than new ones. There is no way forward from that so as someone who still enjoys your games, I ask that you give more consideration of your existing audience while enticing your new viewers.

Examples:
    • When changes are coming out that affect your customers, don't just drop them like a bombshell. Give notice. All the successful companies do it, there is no good reason not to.
    • Care for your existing customers as much as your new ones - or become a victim of "churn".
    I believe these principles would keep STS around for the long haul. I'd like to see that. You're on the edge of unprecedented multi-platform success. You've got a good thing here, let's not have some corporate thug buy it and ruin it.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

19. The Following User Says Thank You to n00b13st For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post
    I'm not having the same "Yay!" feelings I see here. I've been pushing hard (where I can give the time and money) and got to 60 last week. From comments I'd seen around I had the impression the cap raise would be the week after Thanksgiving, a logical time. I have time off and thought "I'll have just enough time to make the cap this time!" Then I found out that yesterday while I was working late (middleware doesn't like you taking time off, it breaks to keep you around late) Mt. Fang was released. All the boosts mentioned are for catching up to me - effectively a penalty for almost making it.

For some reason STS won't tell us when releases are coming out. There are no reasons for this that are based on taking care of the customers. The reasons that make sense are pulling in money and poor planning.

As I understand it, I'm now out 2 "real" pieces of the persistence set. There may be vanities but I can't earn the full set (or even a mostly full set) now.

This seems like valuing new customers and looking down on the existing ones.

If it's what you want, I'll stop giving you money. At some point you'll have more ex-customers than new ones. There is no way forward from that so as someone who still enjoys your games, I ask that you give more consideration of your existing audience while enticing your new viewers.

Examples:
    • When changes are coming out that affect your customers, don't just drop them like a bombshell. Give notice. All the successful companies do it, there is no good reason not to.
    • Care for your existing customers as much as your new ones - or become a victim of "churn".
    I believe these principles would keep STS around for the long haul. I'd like to see that. You're on the edge of unprecedented multi-platform success. You've got a good thing here, let's not have some corporate thug buy it and ruin it.
    I couldn’t agree more! (as seen in my previous post).

What about the guys who were level 60 and 85,000 xp of the way to 61 going hard to get the vanity item? They log in to find all that 85,000xp is wasted, and GONE! Lol I would quit over that, fortunately I was already 61.

I did 100,000xp to go from 60-61… now if you are level 30 you will be 61 (31 levels!) for less than 100k XP.

Wouldn’t it make sense that when the level cap increases the 100k XP I did from level 60-61 was at least put towards level 66? (NO, I LOSE IT?! 100k XP GONE?!) Lol a 61 should be 65 when the cap was raised… we already did the XP. This is not complaining, it should be common sense.

What about people with the latest greatest armors which are worth nothing now? Frankly, I don’t see how armor can have any value anymore. The level cap will be raised every 3 months, thus the latest greatest armor is worth nothing. Look in the AH right now, items are selling for 1mil+ you will go WORK your butt off to get the gold to own something nice… BUT by the time you get the set the level cap will increase and you can replace your 2million gold armor with green 500 gold items.

BTW I love all the 15yr olds agreeing with the authority (kissing ***) so they too can become guardians one day and work for free? Lol.
    Seriously people, get an opinion, don’t just agree with the BS your fed.

The truth of the matter is this is a cash cow via elixirs. Pocket legends is a company, they want to make money… as do we all. Make no mistake about it, these accelerated XP windows are not to promote community, It is to promote $$ via elixir.
    Snub (65) Full Dex Archer

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    will this stack with elixirs? (i.e. i have a 58 mage and its 4x and i buy a 4x elixir, will it become 8x?)
    Yes, it does.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis:483010
    They reduced the XP needed, so its awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think if STS is providing you with an amazing free game they can do whatever they want. Wether you wasted some fake currency with no real value over it or not.