Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Mount Fang Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Lmao. I called it. I knew people were gonna complain and say it's too hard, make it easier!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I had a great day with mt fang ! I got 4 great high payin pinks in cs! I leveled up to 61 got sum cool vanities an gears! Had some laughs with fellow long time grindin buddies! Then went onto forums to say how i felt bout mt fang an didnt realize this thread was up so i kindly got told there was this thread! Then i post thread askin whats next for pl if anyway sts can can shed light.an was told my thread was pointless an i was BEGGING..which i WASNT..an have nevvvver begged in this game an have workd and farmed for my pink items an over 3 mil in gold an paid money for plat to sts to get a couple kool vanities..so yes i will no longer be on forums any longer! Peace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

As someone pointed out earlier, the dex Sanguine sets initallty look hugely inferior to the Demonic and even Glyph 60 sets....huge h/s nerf, crit is lower, everything is lower except base is a little higher and armor is a little higher...completely not worth the huge hit in crit, h/s and the other stats for a supposed premium set. Even with a mostrous undiscovered-as-of-yet set bonus (hopefully), I am not sure they would be better than the 60 sets. Plus they look (the bows/crossbows) pretty...errr...boring, imo. The dual fangs look killer, but the stats are underwhelming.

There are many many bugs in the crafting. The dex craft helm has the Demonic Glyph recipe, and most of the dex items have a 'crafted' (already?) base item like the armor, bow, etc, as a required base component
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 11-15-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like the pilgrim hats
    <3 Koi, you will forever be missed. <3
    Very happy member of Eclipse! ~Reddwing
    The android forum app needs a thanks button, I see some insightful posts every so often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Also, as more of a combined Nuri's/Fang question....bears are at a disadvantage to birds and mages during boss fights due to their lower AoE damage than a mage, and generally lower point damage than birds...but they were awesome in boss fights during previous campaigns with Beckon and positioning the bosses in certain spots during the fights, which was another layer of strategy. I know that Beckon did not work on the majority of Nuri minis and bosses, and I am seeing more of the same during Fang.

Why neuter one of the bear's key skills/advantages/tactics during boss fights?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Like I said in game, this is imo the best since AO3. The bosses look awesome, some of them require teamwork and strategy. The 2nd floor boss seems too easy could be made to more of a challenge.
    as for Emma it seemed hard at first but now it quite easy to do if you have a full party, but still a challenge.
    The loot, same old from before and ao3. But since those items are only for liquidation it doesnt really matter. Good work on the actual pink gear.
    Quests, again there isn't really many which is a let down for someone who loves questing like i do (lol).
    Another great thing is the crafting parts you get from quests, this helps those who don't have much time to play so good job there. I know you can't get enough for the whole set but its a little boost so its better than none at all.

Lets hope the next can be more like this. Take the best of mount fang and make it better in the next one and we may have something better than ao3 which is still king.

(Add a vampire vanity cap lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post
    Like I said in game, this is imo the best since AO3. The bosses look awesome, some of them require teamwork and strategy. The 2nd floor boss seems too easy could be made to more of a challenge.
    as for Emma it seemed hard at first but now it quite easy to do if you have a full party, but still a challenge.
    The loot, same old from before and ao3. But since those items are only for liquidation it doesnt really matter. Good work on the actual pink gear.
    Quests, again there isn't really many which is a let down for someone who loves questing like i do (lol).
    Another great thing is the crafting parts you get from quests, this helps those who don't have much time to play so good job there. I know you can't get enough for the whole set but its a little boost so its better than none at all.

Lets hope the next can be more like this. Take the best of mount fang and make it better in the next one and we may have something better than ao3 which is still king.

(Add a vampire vanity cap lol)
    Will have to agree with you that AO3 was the best, and disagree that this is the best since then. If I wanted to run around in dark castles, I would go twink in FH/Dark Forest/FC. The bosses are fun/hard, but the mobs are just high-HP jacked up, the majority of gear (granted, the liquidate kind) is visually retread of old gear, the pinks seem far inferior to Demonic/Glyph 5 levels below it. 4 of the 5 maps are just the same castle graphic layout as seen in previous campaigns.

I was hoping for something sort of ground-breaking like AO3, with fun sub-quests like the Cyber quests, or a random mini-boss spawn like King Mynas who had a chance of dropping a Sunblessed Scimi...not random Vampires who drop nothing and are everywhere.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 11-15-2011 at 07:24 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I really like Mt. Fang. I spent mt normal 2 hours playing last night and had a blast. The new bosses look Sick! And I have to admit I loved soloing Emma and watching other people die because they wouldn't listen to me (the one downside was that one person just layed there during one run, I solo'd Emma and they got the pink). Can't wait to get some of the new gear, although my Glyph seemed more than enough for the job.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204:482050
    also, the items in CS aren't listed by order of price anymore. I am using an ipod and was searching for pink items only with a minimum level of 61.
    Have you tried filtering the cs? By price, level, and name. Its the little up and down arrows under the search

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I will add to the others disappointment of the extinction of the bear. As discussed in many threads, the role if the bear is crowd control/boss focus. With inability to simply beckon the bosses/minis from the last two updates, on top of the lack of improvement on sets, bears are becomming more of a hinderence than useful team member. I am happy with the content of Fang (as usual, drops should increase a little with these one hit bosses), but for the first time, I am leveling my bird first because of the points mentioned above and I am not pleased.

Crowd control needs to be revisited or bear skills need to be revamped.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Also, as more of a combined Nuri's/Fang question....bears are at a disadvantage to birds and mages during boss fights due to their lower AoE damage than a mage, and generally lower point damage than birds...but they were awesome in boss fights during previous campaigns with Beckon and positioning the bosses in certain spots during the fights, which was another layer of strategy. I know that Beckon did not work on the majority of Nuri minis and bosses, and I am seeing more of the same during Fang.

Why neuter one of the bear's key skills/advantages/tactics during boss fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I will add to the others disappointment of the extinction of the bear. As discussed in many threads, the role if the bear is crowd control/boss focus. With inability to simply beckon the bosses/minis from the last two updates, on top of the lack of improvement on sets, bears are becomming more of a hinderence than useful team member. I am happy with the content of Fang (as usual, drops should increase a little with these one hit bosses), but for the first time, I am leveling my bird first because of the points mentioned above and I am not pleased.

Very glad it isn't just me.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ar-for-PvE-PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Do you think the problem is with the sets or because of elixir use? I feel like that a bear would be really helpful, if not essential, in a non elixired run. I haven't had a chance to test my theory out though because elixired up birds and mages have been blasting their way through the levels. I'm going to level up my bird and mage first and may just leave my bear at 60.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Do you think the problem is with the sets or because of elixir use? I feel like that a bear would be really helpful, if not essential, in a non elixired run. I haven't had a chance to test my theory out though because elixired up birds and mages have been blasting their way through the levels. I'm going to level up my bird and mage first and may just leave my bear at 60.
    Elixirs do decrease the need for the mobs. I feel the strength of the Fang mobs have decreased mking the kills faster (when they aren't dodging). However, it is the lack of ability to control the bosses/maintain aggro which is bringing our purpose/effectiveness down.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    I really like Mt. Fang. I spent mt normal 2 hours playing last night and had a blast. The new bosses look Sick! And I have to admit I loved soloing Emma and watching other people die because they wouldn't listen to me (the one downside was that one person just layed there during one run, I solo'd Emma and they got the pink). Can't wait to get some of the new gear, although my Glyph seemed more than enough for the job.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Haha same thing happened to me today, took a while killing her on my own and someone else got the drop. Still, was fun to take her down by myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I'm getting disconnected a lot playing on 3G. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this too? I've been timing it, roughly every minute and a half which is playing havoc with my elixers and keeping up with the group too, I'm losing out on real money, gold and xp by re-joining the group and playing catch up.

On the whole it's a great update, new level, town, gear, vanities - its great!

So my feedback on improvements would be:

- The design of the glyph sets look better than the fang gear
    - I've heard the dex set isn't great statwise in comparison to glyph too
    - more quests needed, shame the marathon quests have ceased, such as pelts, snowballs shards- they were great
    - with the elixer use at high levels teamwork seems to be reduced, and bears are suffering a little bit of neglect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Very good map! There wasn't any bugs I found, and I loved it
    Last edited by Delphina; 01-08-2012 at 07:11 PM.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    I'm getting disconnected a lot playing on 3G. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this too? I've been timing it, roughly every minute and a half which is playing havoc with my elixers and keeping up with the group too, I'm losing out on real money, gold and xp by re-joining the group and playing catch up.
    If you are getting disconnected at regular intervals, that sounds like a background app interfering with your connection. Are you sure you have everything in the background turned off? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...isconnects-etc.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

No talons again? Disappointed. Made a thread about it because I think it needs a thread.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I"d thank elly, moog and crim but I'm out of rep rations. But they hit the nail on the head about the bear business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos View Post
    I"d thank elly, moog and crim but I'm out of rep rations. But they hit the nail on the head about the bear business.
    Don't get me wrong, it is nice that with the Strongman/Big Top sets that bears can deal some decent damage with that high base dmg from a mace and I think that STS did a good job with those sets after a lot of feedback was given about bears being damage-underpowered....but not at the cost of losing your Beckon during boss fights.