Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
Just gonna comment on the disagreement about points between Jacob and Jen. First things first, you guys are both wrong. Also, Jen we got over 500k points, not 433k, give us the credit we deserve!

Back to the points, I am going to base it off consistent 79 mob maps, which is the lowest tier. Any higher tier maps would only make points per hour go up, so this is going to be the minimum as we want to play it safe with these numbers. On average, you don’t get 1 or 2 gold skeletons per map like Jacob was claiming, you actually get 3 or 4 on the 79 mob map, and that is without the gold elixir. I know this because I have ran the 79 mob map several hundreds of times (honestly probably between 700-800), so go ahead and tell me I’m wrong, I dare you. We will use 3 gold skeletons per map for our calculations because once again, we’re gonna play it safe with these points.

So with 1 boss that gives 20 points, 3 gold skeletons that give 10 points, and 75 standard mobs that give 1 point each, a run would get you 105 points. I’ve timed how long it takes to do the run with a 3x, and it was roughly 1 minute 20 seconds, but everything in that went pretty smoothly. I think most people with decent knowledge of PvE efficiency could consistently do the map in 1:35-1:40. This is where Jen’s math went weird, because she completely forgot to factor in the time to get portals.

It is hard to determine how long this would take, but let’s do 2 scenarios: one where the portal is in town, and one where we have to farm the portal like events one and two.

If there is a portal in the town, it would simply add 10-15 extra seconds per run to load into the town, run to portal, and load the new map. Because humans aren’t 100% efficient the whole time, let’s say 1:40 for the map, 15 sec for the time between runs. 115 seconds for 105 points. (3600*105/115) = 3287 points one hour with a 3x with portal in town.

If there isn’t a portal in town, we can assume 10-15 seconds to get into a portal farming game, and 30 seconds on average to spawn a portal, a total of 45 seconds added to the 1:40. 145 seconds for 105 points (3600*105/145) = 2607 points one hour with 3x and having to spawn portals.

With a 2x, runs take about 2:10 instead of 1:40, so it would be 2607 per hour with portal in town and 2160 having to spawn portals.

1.25/1.5 are pretty much the same, and they will only be slightly slower than 2x, I won’t throw out a time, but we can assume 2500 points per hour with portal in town and 2000 per hour spawning portals.

So there you both are! Happy farming!
Never once have i gotten more then 3 skeletons in 1 run of the original map. When i ran gold skeleton elixir, i got upwards of 8+ sometimes i would get 4 or 5.

That doesnt garuntee you 3-4 gold skeletons. Ive done plenty myself aswell both on gold skeleton elixir and not. This is not the case. You DONT get 3-4 per run without the elixir. Even people i know complained about the skeleton spawn rate during the first event. Gold skeletons ARE NOT garunteed in the map and are random spawns. You can keep going on about "i saw 3-4 per run" thats not the case for anyone i spoke to that grinded the event harder then the majority of players did.