Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Reputation Rating Needs Removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I would like they removed the post-count titles too. That could also be a reason for people to post so much nonsense imo

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    That is a good choice! neg rep hurts the feelings of the insecure and angers the passionate. Now we can all feel the love!
    Lol! Poor razerfingers no more bad Rep

Im on the fence.. I hate being on the fence..

In one way im in agreement of what was said in OP, dislike Spam posters. If they have no opinion regarding the subject why.. just not post at all!

The Rep bar is flawed, we all know that, though you do find the truly helpful people shine with this in place, no matter how flawed it is. You never see someone with 3-5 Rep bars that aren't helpful and just spam thanks and Rep/Neg Rep for the fun of it along with more posts. That would also mean the ones that 'Rep Farm's (lol) must be helpful anyway but just like to add more to it? Lol confused much :S Put it this way when do you see everyone in a thread with more than 4-6 bars that you have never heard of? (Re: Your preferred forum)

Without them would just kind of take the fun out of it all. I've thanked people for funny posts because they made my day... mentioning no names *cough* The Thanks Fairy*cough* but they are generally real helpful too. Would you count this as 'Rep boosting'?

This shouldn't really bother you much if you don't care about the current thanks/rep system in general, if you're helpful then you will be noticed its just one of those things. Shouldn't need recognition for being helpful but it is nice to have that thanks now and then, to know that someone found it helpful
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-15-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Maybe I'm just different, but does everyone really pay attention to this that much? I mean, I give out a "Thanks" every once in awhile when someone's post helps me out, but for this to be......

I'm just confused, there are a whole lot more important things to me than the rep system on a forum.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It is no longer possible to leave negative reputation.
    Remove the whole system if that is the case no? I mean what's the point of a system if you can only give positive feedback? That's a bit like handing out ribbons to everyone even if they finished in last place.

I see you ragin' over getting a neg rep; there were a few who were constantly guilty of that. I welcomed it but the sea of red didn't flow as I expected and now never will. Just keep on trollin without fear of repercussion since the public at large cannot disapprove my replies! Soon my rep bar will be as large and green as the devs themselves and no one can stop me muwahahaha!

The new forum titles also add a bit of competition into the mix, we should really just get rid of anything that allows one to feel "holier than thou" since that seems to be the general direction this is going.

Edit: See, don't you wish you had a disapproval button right about now?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

This reminds me of how I wish there was a Dislike button on Facebook

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Really? hmmm that kinda sucks cause if someone is being a troll then sometimes they deserve a down rep, lol.

I completely understand where you guys are coming from though.
    If someone is posting trolling posts, flames or other things that are in violation of the Forum Rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules then don't bother with reputation - instead turn to the Report Post button and report it to us so the moderation team can take care of the issue.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

On a separate but related thought, what happens now that neg rep isn't there as a deterrent. Some users are posting just to boost their post count, I'm fairly certain that some of those same users thought twice about replying if it meant a possible bright red bar displayed just below their shiny new title!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'm not sure that this is a good thing. People who have repeatedly said negative things that are not so bad that they deserve reporting, but that they do deserve some sort of well, flagging don't have a way to be identified.

I think that it should be that the good and bad reputation (along with the thanks) are removed or that they are all kept.