Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
For accumulating gold, farm any new items (currently anything desirable you can sell from Festerfang) and farm any desirable sellable items from Events. There are actually items from various zones throughout the game that still have good value, so if you have time, it might be worth farming these or at least keeping an eye on their prices/availability.

For keeping your gold, definitely have a normal spending budget and keep the rest of your gold out of any toons you regularly play. All my toons have a set range of "everyday" gold. In addition, I have a absolute rule of never spending over 10% of total gold (30% if it is a new equipping season, though I have not had to spend these amounts for a long time).

If you like to gamble or play the market (auction/trades), then do the same thing: Have a set amount of gold just for doing this. Again I recommend no more than 10% of your total gold. I also recommend sequestering this gold bundle in specific market/gamble toons, so you do not get confused or use up more gold than you want to. And yes, if your gambling bundle is too small, that means you should not be gambling.
I hope you don't mind that I added this to the guide. Was just too helpful not to! Tysm!

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
I'd say stay away from merching completely unless you've been playing a while and know the prices.

There are far too many fraudsters artificially increasing the price of goods in auction. Today it was fighting spice (worth 6k but in auction at 800k). It's a legal scam.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
The auction can definitely be a dangerous place for newer players especially.