Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Wyzamiro Staff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default The Wyzamiro Staff.

This most recent event included some cool vendor reward items and a continued rare loot drops in the event map; as well as being able to purchase Lv105 Elite weapons.

This was all fun and exciting! I was finally able to use and hand-test the Lv105 Wyzamiro staff.

(Pve): In pve the staff seems to fare pretty well. The staff offers mages some added damage over the wand and bracer which makes farming in groups very fun. The proc also looks cool when it happens.

(Pvp): Now here's where I first began seeing a few issues with the staff when it comes to general usability.

The first notable thing was the staff's proc rate. The proc rate pales in comparison to the bow proc rate. The arothraxis bow seems to proc 2 or 3 times in a fight, sometimes even more and consecutively; whereas the Wyzamiro staff.. you'd be very lucky to get one proc off in any fight. A proc rate buff would really help this 2h weapon out..

Another issue seems to be it's very low range. The staff range appears to be as low as the wand (8m range.) This low range once again falls way short in fights vs the bow's 13m range. Due to the staffs trade-off reduced armor to the wand and bracer combo.. this means that sometimes, you can't even get close enough to bow user to auto and proc.

Lastly, the staff's proc seems to debuff crit, dodge and armor from what I've tested. The debuff doesn't seem to help much in fights; not only because it sometimes doesn't proc, but also, when it does proc.. the proc duration is very small. From hand testing it with friends in pvp, the debuffs when proc hits seem to last about a second and a half at most. This should also be buffed in order for the proc to be viable in pvp.

Hope this feedback helps!!! Thanks for taking them into consideration!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Nice feedback. I hope others chime in as well. Would be great to see this staff get more use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    This most recent event included some cool vendor reward items and a continued rare loot drops in the event map; as well as being able to purchase Lv105 Elite weapons.

This was all fun and exciting! I was finally able to use and hand-test the Lv105 Wyzamiro staff.

(Pve): In pve the staff seems to fare pretty well. The staff offers mages some added damage over the wand and bracer which makes farming in groups very fun. The proc also looks cool when it happens.

(Pvp): Now here's where I first began seeing a few issues with the staff when it comes to general usability.

The first notable thing was the staff's proc rate. The proc rate pales in comparison to the bow proc rate. The arothraxis bow seems to proc 2 or 3 times in a fight, sometimes even more and consecutively; whereas the Wyzamiro staff.. you'd be very lucky to get one proc off in any fight. A proc rate buff would really help this 2h weapon out..

Another issue seems to be it's very low range. The staff range appears to be as low as the wand (8m range.) This low range once again falls way short in fights vs the bow's 13m range. Due to the staffs trade-off reduced armor to the wand and bracer combo.. this means that sometimes, you can't even get close enough to bow user to auto and proc.

Lastly, the staff's proc seems to debuff crit, dodge and armor from what I've tested. The debuff doesn't seem to help much in fights; not only because it sometimes doesn't proc, but also, when it does proc.. the proc duration is very small. From hand testing it with friends in pvp, the debuffs when proc hits seem to last about a second and a half at most. This should also be buffed in order for the proc to be viable in pvp.

Hope this feedback helps!!! Thanks for taking them into consideration!
    It would be nice to be able to even use a 2h weapon. As it stands, the only useful and OP one is the bow. Yes, i said OP. The reason being is because its debuff is broken. Slowness/-100hit/-~70 crit and it destroys you mana/hp regen and even stops your auto. It takes away the one thing mages and birds need, range. With the debuffs stacked on top of the slowness, a mage cant even heal to protect themselves from nuke because of having no mana whatsoever.

The 13 range ruins any chance of another 2h weapon even coming into contact with the sword/staff procs as those have very short auto range. The staffs proc doesnt deal enough damage in pvp to even stand a chance at any set, not just the bow. I miss being able to use 2h weapons that were actually useful and not op. (I.E. 85 blasters, pure stats, 76 phoenix bow, arothraxis) all other classes 2h weapins has been left behind other then during 100 cap when it was pure stats all in endgame. Id like to see viable 2h weapons for all classes and not just 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

So, add more damage, increase staff range to match bow, as well as increase proc frequency and duration of the Wyzamiro Staff. As far as looks, add something cool to the staff that compliments the effects of other 105 elite weapons. Sounds like a winning recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I totally agree, staff is in dire need of a significant buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I'm pretty sure all of the 2h weapons have the same proc frequency, according to past update notes. You just can't proc as much as bow because you have to get within 8m range compared to 13m bow range. If we increase the staff range, that will solve the proc frequency issue.

The other issue with staff is that it doesn't have enough skill dmg for having the weakest amount of armor in the game. Increase the skill dmg and the range and that'll be a good buff for starters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Thanks for weighing in, guys. Want this staff to be something people will consider as valuable as the talon/bow vs wand/staff decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I think the 2h sword Zaelwyn needs to be buffed also, its probably the worst of all the weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I think the auto range and maybe slight dmg buff would make it a very good weapon to use!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    I think the 2h sword Zaelwyn needs to be buffed also, its probably the worst of all the weapons.
    Really a 2h sword in this meta ha what a joke. It would literally need like a 300 dmg buff to be useable.
    Would be cool to use though
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thank you everyone for your input!! Hope to see this staff reach it's true potential someday! (:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

GTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

zaelwyn and wyzamiro or whatever they are called are the worst endgame weapons in the game and def need a buff

nothing else needs a buff or nerf everything else is great

+1 from me on staff and 2h sword buff lets make it happens guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

The wyzamiro staff should debuff anything, let it get rid of procs or even stuns for 3-5 seconds. Buff its damage, armor and range to compete with bow. Allow it to actually be usefull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

It's op in pve. Want to see it get some loving in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    It's op in pve. Want to see it get some loving in pvp.
    Definitely agree! Would be great to see the staff viable and in use for more than just pve!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

updating the staff will alter the PVP environment and possibly make mage opest class @ L105. Staff mage current state and past rarely played an important roll in team PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    updating the staff will alter the PVP environment and possibly make mage opest class @ L105. Staff mage current state and past rarely played an important roll in team PVP.
    The Lv105 Elite staff and Sword deserve to be just as viable in pvp as the Bow...

Just because you enjoy using bow and talon on practically all of your classes, shouldn't mean we all have to conform to the same style and setups just to be able to compete...

Currently, the Wyzamiro Staff and Zaelywyn sword are no competition for the bow... Like at all.

I've tested it, and I know for a fact that if you were to actually use it consistently in pvp, you wouldn't enjoy it much due to its very low range, damage, proc rate and proc duration..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Well said, Holy, I completely agree.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Maybe a boost to the staff will get some mages to go back to int... Honestly tired of seeing everyone in dex sets and reliving the 85 blaster cap all over again lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    The Lv105 Elite staff and Sword deserve to be just as viable in pvp as the Bow...

Just because you enjoy using bow and talon on practically all of your classes, shouldn't mean we all have to conform to the same style and setups just to be able to compete...

Currently, the Wyzamiro Staff and Zaelywyn sword are no competition for the bow... Like at all.

I've tested it, and I know for a fact that if you were to actually use it consistently in pvp, you wouldn't enjoy it much due to its very low range, damage, proc rate and proc duration..
    A staff is viable if it was utilized correctly. 1v1 its not that effective. The staff is effective in a team environment because it can dmg multiple players at once with proc occurring. I have never heard about a staff with increase range. I do own the staff and I haven't had the chance to enchant it much.