Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sts needs an advertisement campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I thought word of mouth was advertising. The game has way too many levels or inactive levels. The players are distributed everywhere. When they are distributed everywhere, u have less communication and that makes the game seem not active. New players will interact with old players less because of the level distribution.

U have new players that can’t access Oktal main map because they require a pet to access that realm. We know that Balefort isn’t as active as it use to be. Most active and oldgen players are at Oktal. Oktal shouldn’t require a pet to access.
    Frankly, I agree with you. Maybe oktal shouldn't possess a cs anymore? Keep everything else? Don't know if that would be done, but making balefort the hotspot again might definetly help old and new gen communicate.

Although, guilds seem to break the ice on that note.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Oktal town access should stay as is. Balefort always has a full town as far as I've seen every single day. A lil loko pet is cheap enough to get into Oktal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

By the way, I am conducting a live stream in response to this thread to help grow / sustain the community. If you want more information on it, the link to the thread is below:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...amp-A-Etc-7-27

Thank you!
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Oktal town access should stay as is. Balefort always has a full town as far as I've seen every single day. A lil loko pet is cheap enough to get into Oktal.
    Balefort is full on the weekend and not on the weekdays. Since it is summer time, it is busy with active players. Wait for the summer to be over and the game will be half empty or less. Limiting players and especially new players on communication is never a good idea.

New players are not aware that they require a lil loko pet to access Oktal. You have to put yourself in the shoes of a new player to understand that the game is complicated as is because of the number of levels. If I started PL without plat and no idea about the game and had to level from 1-105, I would quit the game in a few weeks. Also offers do not work any longer.

Only way a game can grow is with new members. They cant rely on existing players to continue to play and contribute. If you have 100 humans on an island and cant produce newborns, the society on that island will disappear. That is why they should focus on low levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

If you want to volunteer to be a guide and unofficial ambassador of Alterra to new players, go for it. That'd be commendable.

But the separate town of Oktal, the method to access for lower levels and level requirements to join it shouldn't be changed. Not everyone has the time or desire to mingle with the lower level crowd. Consider Oktal a VIP lounge if nothing else - a privilege that was earned either by level or by an inexpensive pet. It's great IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    If you want to volunteer to be a guide and unofficial ambassador of Alterra to new players, go for it. That'd be commendable.

But the separate town of Oktal, the method to access for lower levels and level requirements to join it shouldn't be changed. Not everyone has the time or desire to mingle with the lower level crowd. Consider Oktal a VIP lounge if nothing else - a privilege that was earned either by level or by an inexpensive pet. It's great IMHO.
    Some players do have time and desire to mingle with the new players. Isolating new players from the players that have been playing for years is not a great idea. Lots players always complain about seeing the same players everyday.

The oldgen should have less influence on the game because they arent as active as they use to be. They are out of touch with the game because they have other priorities in life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Some great ideas!

1) update their game sites [see http://pocketlegends.com? it almost just has images and no content lately], 2) more fan sites [discord seems to be what this community likes], 3) and if they even could do it: have APIs for those that have guild/fan sites to expand community engagement.
    Last edited by Bats; 08-15-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: more understandable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Maybe they should start with fixing pvp first instead of advertise. I’m done spending plat on my multiple accs. 800 or more buying plat per event that helps the game but the game doesn’t fix much.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-15-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Maybe they should start with fixing pvp first instead of advertise. I’m done spending plat on my multiple accs. 800 or more buying plat per event that helps the game but the game doesn’t fix much.
    You CHOOSE to spend YOUR money on the game, no one forces you. Your own fault for wasting platinum on things that will be irrelevant when a new cap comes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azitraozuci View Post
    You CHOOSE to spend YOUR money on the game, no one forces you. Your own fault for wasting platinum on things that will be irrelevant when a new cap comes
    I choose to spend on what I enjoy. Actually most goes towards stocking new vanities. By the time the game is done, I think I will reach 1m. Special vanity for plat buyers?

Plat purchased:
    1) 371,044
    2) 251,000
    3) 41,724
    4) 64,209
    5) 89,020