Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: For Cinco - The Current State of Gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkbby View Post
    Yes you should be able to. If they stick with the Honor Sets then yes a lv100 should be fine.
    Thanks I'm looking forward to the event as someone just returning

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

With respect to the gold inflow, bonus gold loot and gold farming maps - I'm feeling fine about the fluctuations.

As for the bots - I think the best way to deal with them is to make gold loot something you pick up deliberately.

It's not the most fun thing to do but it's going to make it really tough on the gold arming macros :-|
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I find it hard to see how an influx of gold of this proportion would be fine for the economy! As people have stated before, it makes it very very easy for paying customers as well as older customers (people who can do many many events) to separate themselves from the pack, and that's not an environment that will be welcoming towards newer players. I trust the moves you've made thus far but intuition and common sense make it a little unbelievable for me that if this continues, the economy won't be ridiculously inflated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With respect to the gold inflow, bonus gold loot and gold farming maps - I'm feeling fine about the fluctuations.

As for the bots - I think the best way to deal with them is to make gold loot something you pick up deliberately.

It's not the most fun thing to do but it's going to make it really tough on the gold arming macros :-|
    Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. In a way this also makes the gold farming maps more fair too. Because we have to pick up the gold, we will be getting less per hour. I’d guess maybe ~5m per hour, so we still get more than before, but it’s not too much where it would it could seriously devalue gold like before. You rock cinco!
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I don't know how feasible this is, but another solution could just be to alternate the location of the portal randomly around the towne every so often. Make it the same distance away from spawn but in a different location, like on separate points around a circle's circumference. That way bots wouldn't have a set location they could go to every time. Might be a lot more effective than making gold loot a drop.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    and that's not an environment that will be welcoming towards newer players
    I really suspect their aren't a whole lot of growing, new players that feel motivated to hit endgame. The updates are heavily biased towards endgame, as that's strictly where the paying customers are (especially when there is talk of a new cap in the months to come... you'd think lv. 110 begins to push it, making it really tricky for new players!) I'm not complaining, I'm very grateful, if anything. Cinco must be working his *** off to keep this game thriving for us older players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    I don't know how feasible this is, but another solution could just be to alternate the location of the portal randomly around the towne every so often. Make it the same distance away from spawn but in a different location, like on separate points around a circle's circumference. That way bots wouldn't have a set location they could go to every time. Might be a lot more effective than making gold loot a drop.
    That’s a good idea, but that would only work for event portals. For gold farmers that do alien oasis maps they can simply just host them. I am 100% on board for the moving portals for next PvE event though, that would solve the bot problem and allow legit players to still have easy access to the event map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

There could also be a number of gold map layouts. And they could be randomized upon hosting. Can't predict the map layout that way. That'd really be effective at thwarting automation.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

This is also possible. The gold farming maps could have a portal to enter, and you could choose to go solo or with others (like in the previous amulet events), and from there it could give you one of 5 possible maps randomly (like in the second PvE event). This way even if there are still bots, they would have to enter portals through towne so everyone can see exactly who is botting, and the bots will be exposed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I personally dont like the idea of having to pick up the gold big inconvience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I think most would agree with you. I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Yep indeed , bot is really not efficient, bcz of the 'non fixed' spwn spot, it would be a very small fraction of manual farming , wouldn't worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

I agree.

It will take some time to get used to picking up gold loot.

When I tried Dark Legends, years ago, picking up gold loot and item loot was the norm in the game. From being a Pocket Legends player this system was all new to me. But after a few days it became second nature.

STS introduced the gold loot pick up at one time on PL. It was removed because many complained and where not used to this new feature, as well as seeing others loot and not being able to retrieve them.

Ideally if player's can only see their own loot drops would be less confusing. Currently, I noticed that your own loot drops glow with the colour according to the rarity of the drop. Those loot drops that are not yours remain colourless.
    Last edited by Fwend; 07-26-2018 at 02:40 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

The answer to combat gold botting isn't to make people pick up gold loot again. Not only is picking up gold loot tedious, this isn't a full fledged solution to gold botting. There are zones that people can bot with infinite mobs that spawn (Lost Valley, Lost Villas, etc.) and their bot will just continue to walk over the gold over time or when they get back to their PC.

The correct thing to do is to make several gold farming maps and randomize which map the player receives when they host an instance or join a portal. Ideally, this would happen for every campaign map, but I know that isn't feasible. So another option is to make spawn points randomized in regular PVE maps in order to throw off the bot.

We can also majorly nerf the amount of gold from mobs in regular PVE maps outside of gold farming zones and for compensation, increase the liquidation value of items by 5-10x as Xyzther previously mentioned.

I truly would rather not go back to picking up gold loot again, especially when it isn't a concrete solution to bots because there are numerous ways around it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    The answer to combat gold botting isn't to make people pick up gold loot again. Not only is picking up gold loot tedious, this isn't a full fledged solution to gold botting. There are zones that people can bot with infinite mobs that spawn (Lost Valley, Lost Villas, etc.) and their bot will just continue to walk over the gold over time or when they get back to their PC.

The correct thing to do is to make several gold farming maps and randomize which map the player receives when they host an instance or join a portal. Ideally, this would happen for every campaign map, but I know that isn't feasible. So another option is to make spawn points randomized in regular PVE maps in order to throw off the bot.

We can also majorly nerf the amount of gold from mobs in regular PVE maps outside of gold farming zones and for compensation, increase the liquidation value of items by 5-10x as Xyzther previously mentioned.

I truly would rather not go back to picking up gold loot again, especially when it isn't a concrete solution to bots because there are numerous ways around it.
    Yeah I would’ve preferred my idea with not having to pick up gold, but having it nerfed along with buffed liquidation prices, but I’ll take what I can get right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Yeah I would’ve preferred my idea with not having to pick up gold, but having it nerfed along with buffed liquidation prices, but I’ll take what I can get right now
    I support you bb.
    Hi, I play PL, hopefully to be active here. Make every moment last, don't waste it.