Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Honest Opinions about the Current Meta and a little thought on balance (30-40)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    In short, i agree with everything you said, Jun.

Birds are still weak relative to other classes - a good +60dmg mage will win 100% of the time (from what i've seen.) All birds have ever needed to compete is a dex weapon with 13m range and a damage output similar to that of the iceberg hammer. This would allow dex birds to be played like that of levels 45+, honestly, i think that's the only adjustment that would be needed for birds.

However this would potentially lead to their damage output at range being similar to that of a bear; it would need to be adjusted accordingly. Shivering X-bow has too low damage, even with amulet; hence why str is used.

Perhaps a shivering helmet and amulet could be made so that the created set bonus would give Xbow increased damage.

A good mage will never let a bird get into the 4m range (auto,) whilst saving their heal for root so that they [the birds] can never land an auto attack. If a bird gets into auto range, they generally manage to win; but in the current meta, both classes played optimally, without a strong dex weapon, mages win every time. Thats just my opinion, like ive said before, there are many better birds than me; this is just my
    opinion.

I think bears dodge needs to be slightly toned down, so that it is possible to land skills such as repulse or fire. Without those skills landing, from what ive seen, leads to a bear landing one auto (technically 3) plus a smashed combo, and one shotting.

Foxes are fine, they never really had a place with the current PL mechanics, changing anything will render them useless or overpowered. Sure, i agree, they have an insane damage output - but after their evasion wears off, they are easily nukeable. Imo they dont need adjusting at 30-40z

Mages need a drain nerf, maybe a crit nerf, other than that, you probably have better ideas than me

Unfortunately, this game is continually beig geared and updated towards endgame - where the vasst majority of the playerbase is. This means twink levels suffer greatly, illustrated above and ingame.. This is unlikely to change, however, hopefully some things can be fixed so that twinking isn't left in shambles - again

Just my two cents. Excuse any grammatical errors, it's latr at night and i have barely slept at all this week.

I hope this makes some sense
    Thanks for your opinion! I do agree on most of your parts, but I am still iffy on the fox damage. Overall, dex items should be given a slight tone up, so that each classes can play what they were designated to play, accordingly to the stats.

For bears, it's just not about dodge, the class overall needs some nerf on beck stomp damage overall lol As stated in the post, I had never seen a 30 bear nuking a 40 pally in my past pvp career. If the pally was a beginner at pally, I wouldn't say much, but this pally has a wide experience overall.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jyuu1205 For This Useful Post: