Thread: Attack Stat PVP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

If you forge attributes with more critical, would that make a percentage of the armor ignored?
    I would like to know what the best attribute to forge when I want to overcome armor.
    Last edited by Phosgore; 08-02-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: That's right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosgore View Post
    If you forge attributes with more critical, will this cause a percentage of the armor to be ignored?
    I would like to know too what the best attribute to forge when I want to overcome armor.
    Good question. With brim combo the crit stat from the forge took more damage from an opponent. everything (damage and crit) through brim and bleed combo seems to be more effective with crit. crit from forge helps deal slightly more damage with dark binding as well but that power is nearly useless in pvp. Even with bless 5 crit/+85 damage and added extra forge damage its difficult to counter an all armor build....unless a weapon combo hits (these seem to hit less frequently than brim however) or dark binding is unnerfed in some form.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to astro1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astro1 View Post
    Good question. With brim combo the crit stat from the forge took more damage from an opponent. everything (damage and crit) through brim and bleed combo seems to be more effective with crit. crit from forge helps deal slightly more damage with dark binding as well but that power is nearly useless in pvp. Even with bless 5 crit/+85 damage and added extra forge damage its difficult to counter an all armor build....unless a weapon combo hits (these seem to hit less frequently than brim however) or dark binding is unnerfed in some form.
    Thank you for the explanation.
    Trying to summon Cinco to this topic, but something tells me that it will ask you for details of the used weapons and gems in yout testing. xD
    Last edited by Phosgore; 08-04-2018 at 08:57 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phosgore For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

If you forge attributes with more critical, would that make a percentage of the armor ignored?
    I would like to know what the best attribute to forge when I want to overcome armor.
    The Armor(defensive stat)will help to sustain enemy attacks and damage. The enemy's attack and damage combined effect leads to breaking the Armor.

Initially, I experienced in PVP that if you got more Armor like around 60 points(overall), enemy's attack with damage is reduced around 50% of theit attack & damage. The only power fb(internal fatal)+brimstone(inevitable power combo) takes out armor and HP too around 2000 one shot. Other powers cannot break the Armor but crits from bless n aura which targets enemy's HP than Armor.

Once the enemy armor damaged slightly, you can break down the enemy to death. However, players got Unholyblessing, Defensive stat(passive points), PROC gems to repair the HP. I felt most of the time HP, Defense and Armor linked internally.

Same way- Attack, Damage, DPS are linked internally.
    (Crits are also part of DPS)

The FB & brimstone combo dominating the PVP. That's truly one power to rule. STS should look on the power than Armor.

I know there is good power "Curse" which can reduce the enemy armor. But it's still not powerful enough to dominate in PvP and Pve too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

The only possible to overcome Armor is damage and attack. But you also need to sustain enemy attacks & damage. Keep it on mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santosh Elangadi View Post
    The only possible to overcome Armor is damage and attack. But you also need to sustain enemy attacks & damage. Keep it on mind.
    Yes damage plus attack to overcome or match armor. I didn't find a match in the power points of attack and defense or while these two power point stats are coupled with high forge damage and high forge armor respectively. Like the opposite sides of a coin, two maxed out opposing stats should have a 50% chance to land a kill.

I totally agree that all these work best through the brimstone combo and that this is the biggest asymmetry in the game. That plea has fallen on deaf ears however. Bringing back dark binding in a different form would help reduce armor along with curse. These two powers can be modified for more balanced game play.

My hopes with this post is to make STS aware of this and to offer up a solution if they don't want to address the brim combo asymmetry. Maybe making attack more effective or having it add dps (and not damage that can work with brimstone) would allow people to kill before they get inevitably brimmed again by staying alive so long. That outcome should really be the 50% split. This was achievable before armor came out and the addition of more damage/crit has not rectified this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to astro1 For This Useful Post: