Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Shimmering Shores Event!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

I'll consider a hosting feature for the next PvE event. This time 'round we'll use the portals... we'll mix and mingle and maybe meet some new friends.

Points are awarded to the player who made the killing strike to prevent leeching by inactive players.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'll consider a hosting feature for the next PvE event. This time 'round we'll use the portals... we'll mix and mingle and maybe meet some new friends.

Points are awarded to the player who made the killing strike to prevent leeching by inactive players.
    I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.

Maybe 30 seconds standing still just like portals disappear after a certain amount of time.
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-09-2018 at 10:59 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.
    I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).
    I like everything you have said and agree. The only thing I don’t agree with what you are saying is the hostsble maps if some things don’t change.The only problem that could come of this is if a player has 4 game accounts with characters they could all join and afk in their lobby. Autokick timer makes it much more annoying for people who want to outsmart the system.

Once that is implemented somehow I would think hosting maps and running with anyone would be perfect with a few minor fixes needed to be made later!
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-09-2018 at 11:50 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Yes, that's one of the main reasons why we do group runs, gaining more xp, or in this case, more points. Hosting would be great but it sounds like that's for a future event. Good feedback for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Getdoxed View Post
    If only the person who lands the killing blow gets points what's the point of playing with others? You could be missing out on a lot of points if everyone is active since only one person will be getting points for the gold skeletons and bosses.. Could you possibly have pets active for just solo players because you said we're at a disadvantage compared to a full team?
    You will be missing out on a lot of points if you're not op, kill steals will be a common problem. Warbird would be a great solution when running solo, or until solo is balanced for the individual player (which isn't the case right now).