Thread: bad luck and discouraged lvl 36 and cool drops unobtainable for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default bad luck and discouraged lvl 36 and cool drops unobtainable for me.

i have been playing for about 7 weeks now and just got my first purple drop today... came from boss of lvl 2 shipyards. i may be doing something wrong ... i have fought mystr figure now 33 times and the best i have seen on drops is green and that was with miners luck. so i just buy my armor and weapons from auction and platinum store. how does everyone get vanity drops and pinks... all i ever see is orange from the mf boss except when i used miners luck. i have used it 5 times now and do not see the value of it.. the best i have got is a green lvl35 shield which no one wants anyway... if you ask me miner's luck is just a waste of platinum as the mf boss only drops orange for me which changes to green. i always hear ppl say there is a second drop as well .. sorry i have yet to see that happen. i am only trying to get 2 things a legendary pistol to go with my shield and make level 36 before the new cap. right now getting discourage as i do not see either being accomplished. either i have no luck at this game or i am doing something wrong i always see everyone with vanity drops but any group i have been in i never see. how does everyone get to 36 so fast with so few kills and get the good drops? i use elixirs just like everyone else but no where near the results... have a hard time getting exp now can only run lvls one and two of shipyards by myself and when i try to join a group i am usually booted by whom ever saying invites only. grrr... just keep plugging but i may soon just give up and go to helping new players as lvl 36 seems unobtainable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Hello Iron Hand!

Few pointers. Ready?
    • Farm for Numa vanities on lvl1, although its totally random, it drops most there!
    • Grind alone if you can't join games! Better yet add me and I'll grind with you!
    • Miner's luck doesn't guarantee a pink, as I said its all random!

Now those who have low kills and are 36 did some of the following.
    • They ran with a group
    • They used multi enhancer
    • Maybe the one leading the run(that they where in) did most of the work

Not everyone has the "luck" to get a vanity. Most people buy them from other players!

If you need help just add me! Javiermadriz

- Javier M.
    Last edited by javier995; 11-17-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Getting XP is easy, but a pain--grind, grind, and grind some more, there isn't any other way. Enhancers will make it somewhat shorter, but it's still a long grind. If you belong to a guild, ask your guild mates for some help grinding. Or start your own instance of Biosphere and wait a minute or two and you'll likely get company. When I was grinding, I usually had to solo one run, but the next run I usually had another person join in and after a total of 3 runs, I had a full group. If you all run well together, just let them know "remaking" so they know to join your next run. Or add in ArrrghEngie and ArrrghTwo, 2 auto-level chars of mine working their way to 35. I'll run with you.

As for drops, it's all random chance. There isn't any way to fix that, sadly. Luck enhancers can help with purples, but that's about as high as it goes. Vanities are on a whole 'nother scale of rarity (much like pinks) and remember that a lot of the people you see wearing vanities didn't get them as drops, they bought them in auction.

ETA: Sigh and partially ninja'd by Javier. *shakes fist at Javier*
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:485002
    ETA: Sigh and partially ninja'd by Javier. *shakes fist at Javier*
    Lol I'm a fast typed so I've heard .
    Haha what does ETA stand for? I just put edit lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

ETA: edited to add
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:485004
    ETA: edited to add

Tyvm ma'am! I shall now use it xD. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lol
    Last edited by Handsofmyvodka; 11-17-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    see my awesome sig

its invisible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

• They ran with a group
    lol I saw a lvl 31 commando called "igotnokills" (or something like that) with zero kills and zero deaths.
    see my awesome sig

its invisible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Handsofmyvodka:485018
    • They ran with a group
    lol I saw a lvl 31 commando called "igotnokills" (or something like that) with zero kills and zero deaths.
    Lol I just posted that xD. Yes the Zchar is the new trend! Get zero deaths and zero kills and level up! I hear it's a lot of fun, I'll be looking into it myself. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Jazz is at cap, and has been for a while. My alt is almost there. Grinding hard. I can almost run SY2 with my eyes closed now.

As for pinks. In all my runs on both toons, I have only ever seen 3 drop, and none were mine. They are certainly rare.

The purples from the MF boss are rare as well, but not nearly as bad. I've probably helped kill him well over 100 times now. (wish they had a kill counter for each boss) an I never even got all the drops I needed for my gear. I had to buy & trade to make my epic sets complete.

There seems to be an element of the game, where it is very difficult for any single toon to get a full set dropped. You almost have to go look for trades with others, or sell your drops you can't use for the creds to buy from the AH.

The difficult pieces are the head & back & chest. Arms & legs are abundant.

And as far as grouping for runs, CanonicalKoi hit the mark. Start a solo run, go slow and wait for others to join in. I wouldn't be too social, a brief hello ought to do it, as most of the folks running biosphere are there for the XP and not looking to chat much.

Also, don't open the hallway door, and don't run after the far chests. Most folks don't want to waste time with those, and are only grinding for the XP, not the drops. Going with the flow will help you look professional, and keep a party together.

One other tidbit, is that a lot of folks will remake the instance at either 22 or 8 enemies left depending on how fast they are moving. This is another way to keep the flow going quickly.

It's all about grinding to reach cap. Once you are 36, you'll have an easy time finding others to farm MF with for sure.
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:485024
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsofmyvodka:485018
    • They ran with a group
    Lol I just posted that xD. Yes the Zchar is the new trend! Get zero deaths and zero kills and level up! I hear it's a lot of fun, I'll be looking into it myself. Lol
    I saw that guy last night, too! Wacky stuff, for sure, but let's stay on point here, which is:

Try not to get discouraged, Iron Hand. Please keep in mind, not everyone gets vanity drops and pinks. In fact, you may be surprised at just how rare some of those items really are! For instance, I have been playing since day one of the game's release and just got my very first vanity drop two nights ago. And it wasn't even the one I have been foaming at the mouth over!

For the most part, I have bought my level cap weapons and armor from the CS, as well. For example, I have three high-level characters, all of which are wearing either a jumbled mix of level 30 and 35 purples (no helm, chest, or back for two of them) or level cap greens (which often offer better stats, btw!). I have one piece of custom gear because one of my closest in-game friends gave me a recipe (because they are awesome and they don't play the class it was for). Aside from that, not another spot of custom here!

And in case you were wondering, not everyone is rolling in the credits, either. My three high-level characters are currently signed up for a joint credit account, and their balance is currently hovering around 25k. That's total, between all three!

I'm not just trying to make you feel better here. I mean, I hope you feel a bit better! I think the vast majority of players are having about the same experience as you and me. Every once in a while, fortune will smile on the occasional player and they will get a valuable item. If they are not a collector (like me), they may also be lucky enough to sell the item for a pretty credit. At that point, they may also have the wealth required to tip the scale in favor of buying/selling/trading big ticket items. After all, "it takes credits to make credits," as they say! Even then, they run the risk of betting the ship and losing it all.

Here's my advice, for what it's worth:

1. Get your mind off the loot. You can't get upset about what isn't dropping if you aren't paying attention to what is. Whatever drops, drops. Keep in mind, its random. Hence, you could not be doing anything right or wrong regarding loot.

2. Stop using the luck enhancer. Refer to #1 for why... The likelihood you are going to turn an orange into a green or a green into a purple just seems so much more likely than that of turning a purple into a pink. And if you were lucky enough to roll a pink as your drop, the luck enhancer would do nothing at all (pretty sure). I'm also fairly sure the luck enhancer doesn't work on vanity drop rates, as those seem to be awarded under a separate roll. Honestly, I haven't even looked to see what the new luck enhancer costs...

3. Make a small group of regular in-game friends. You can do so by: A) joining a PUG and running the gauntlet with a group, then sending a friend request to the player(s) you had the most fun with or were impressed by (if they haven't friended you first), B) joining a guild, if not in one already, as they may have occasional to frequent guild runs (discount stims and Enhancers, too), C) posting on the forums, as you already have. Becoming a regular here can help with recognition in-game, which can also help you find comrades, and D) playing your chosen class to the best of your ability. Doing so will get you noticed and will get you friend requests and invites to runs.

4. Don't let the boots get to you. Some players just don't know how to lock their "private" runs or offer reasonable explanations when a boot is required. Try not to join a run unannounced if you can avoid it. Alternately, you can also search the "Menu, Sector Map, Join" game list for maps WITHOUT player names in the title, that is, bearing only the name of the map. Such maps have no host (the system is the host), and thus no one has the boot!

Feel free to add me in-game. See my signature for my list of characters. If I don't accept your request (I do screen requests a bit), use the "/tell" command to say "Hey, it's Iron Hand from the forums". That'll get my attention!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Same here. I haven't had a single pink either

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Most that needs to be said has been stated allready. For the countless amount of times I've killed MF, I can count how many items worth while I have received on 1 hand. Over 80% of those countless runs are on luck enhancers. The rarity is nice but it has been a discouraging journey to say the least. Having 1 of each class is not easy to maintain. Especially if you would like to keep them geared & maintained as I do.

Grats to a friend/guildy Soulshine! Was fortunate enough to see him receive the Gutter pink pistol yesterday. I was on a Miners 100% luck, not sure if he was or not. I don't think he was using one. Being there to see a pink drop after all my runs & effort was very nice. Paying the plat on the 100% lucks on sooo many runs & never seeing a pay off, was not so nice on the other hand. I am not mad by any means. Like I said, I was ecstatic after farming for so long & actually seeing 1 drop & glad It was a friend that was the lucky one & not a Random person I didn't know from a Pick Up Group.

Not giving up. Still farming MF for NEEDED pieces & hopes to see another Pink Pistol drop. I will not be WAISTING plat on the 100% Miners luck any longer tho. (After hundreds of Plat Spent on 100% Miners, it is a waist IMO) Sticking with the original 25% luck from now on. Even on those, I don't feel very lucky.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 11-18-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Add me ill run with u
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

miners luck means you get more drops triggered, twice the number at 100 per cent, thats it... so one miners should give you 4-6 rolls at the boss if you do it properly, the elix is not better than doing the same run twice over... but is good and meant for (a) green farming and (b) more boss runs if you have less time. sell the green gear for what you can, or wait till prices are 400 at least, also the mats get credits, and as javier said you can farm lower level greens von uber dropped me a ton of recipes and I got like 7 good drops from the boss before the drops were allegedly nerfed (it was after the fixed boss drop rate update that followed the initial level cap update tho)... von uber doesnt seem to pay of as well now, mostly greens if you are lucky and well... no luck with the boss lately lol
    but thats ok, between the updates was able to make like 300000 credits, the drop rates were checked just in time lol, they are good now or else the economy would have spiralled out of proportion those who managed to farm the bosses at the right time have waaaay too much money now like at a certain point it started making sense to stop doing boss runs because that session of runs would end up dropping the prices of the stuff you already have... this no longer is the case, which is why the nerfed drop rates are good

and as for finding grinding runs, just join someone from sector map, refresh for a minute or two, and you should see all the people hosting biosphere runs, most of them will be glad you joined
    Last edited by Slant; 11-18-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Just some news. My friend got a custom BladeTech recipe from Von Uber. The items are there but the bosses are selfish.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I still haven't seen a pink yet and I've done MF countless times, nor have a gotten my full set of Op...had to trade to get the pieces. A week ago I had the luck to see a vanity drop one day and the next day. None of it was my drop though

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Depends on how lucky you are. Some people can farm 1,000+ runs before they see something good drop. Some can get it their first try. Like seeing level 23's with a XRay Visor, trashed stats, and scrub gear. That is one lucky mofo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

thnx for the up beat messages ... i have a system of grinding now for exp as far as drops last update seems to have helped as i am getting more purple drops now... still do not see a need for luck elixir as some just got legendary pistols from mf with no luck elixirs.. while others have same issue i did it always seem to be orange changed to green with elixir... my advice save the platinum and just hit 'em as many times as u can after u cap level 36.