Quote Originally Posted by javier995:485024
Quote Originally Posted by Handsofmyvodka:485018
Now those who have low kills and are 36 did some of the following.
  • They ran with a group
  • They used multi enhancer
  • Maybe the one leading the run(that they where in) did most of the work
lol I saw a lvl 31 commando called "igotnokills" (or something like that) with zero kills and zero deaths.
Lol I just posted that xD. Yes the Zchar is the new trend! Get zero deaths and zero kills and level up! I hear it's a lot of fun, I'll be looking into it myself. Lol
I saw that guy last night, too! Wacky stuff, for sure, but let's stay on point here, which is:

Try not to get discouraged, Iron Hand. Please keep in mind, not everyone gets vanity drops and pinks. In fact, you may be surprised at just how rare some of those items really are! For instance, I have been playing since day one of the game's release and just got my very first vanity drop two nights ago. And it wasn't even the one I have been foaming at the mouth over!

For the most part, I have bought my level cap weapons and armor from the CS, as well. For example, I have three high-level characters, all of which are wearing either a jumbled mix of level 30 and 35 purples (no helm, chest, or back for two of them) or level cap greens (which often offer better stats, btw!). I have one piece of custom gear because one of my closest in-game friends gave me a recipe (because they are awesome and they don't play the class it was for). Aside from that, not another spot of custom here!

And in case you were wondering, not everyone is rolling in the credits, either. My three high-level characters are currently signed up for a joint credit account, and their balance is currently hovering around 25k. That's total, between all three!

I'm not just trying to make you feel better here. I mean, I hope you feel a bit better! I think the vast majority of players are having about the same experience as you and me. Every once in a while, fortune will smile on the occasional player and they will get a valuable item. If they are not a collector (like me), they may also be lucky enough to sell the item for a pretty credit. At that point, they may also have the wealth required to tip the scale in favor of buying/selling/trading big ticket items. After all, "it takes credits to make credits," as they say! Even then, they run the risk of betting the ship and losing it all.

Here's my advice, for what it's worth:

1. Get your mind off the loot. You can't get upset about what isn't dropping if you aren't paying attention to what is. Whatever drops, drops. Keep in mind, its random. Hence, you could not be doing anything right or wrong regarding loot.

2. Stop using the luck enhancer. Refer to #1 for why... The likelihood you are going to turn an orange into a green or a green into a purple just seems so much more likely than that of turning a purple into a pink. And if you were lucky enough to roll a pink as your drop, the luck enhancer would do nothing at all (pretty sure). I'm also fairly sure the luck enhancer doesn't work on vanity drop rates, as those seem to be awarded under a separate roll. Honestly, I haven't even looked to see what the new luck enhancer costs...

3. Make a small group of regular in-game friends. You can do so by: A) joining a PUG and running the gauntlet with a group, then sending a friend request to the player(s) you had the most fun with or were impressed by (if they haven't friended you first), B) joining a guild, if not in one already, as they may have occasional to frequent guild runs (discount stims and Enhancers, too), C) posting on the forums, as you already have. Becoming a regular here can help with recognition in-game, which can also help you find comrades, and D) playing your chosen class to the best of your ability. Doing so will get you noticed and will get you friend requests and invites to runs.

4. Don't let the boots get to you. Some players just don't know how to lock their "private" runs or offer reasonable explanations when a boot is required. Try not to join a run unannounced if you can avoid it. Alternately, you can also search the "Menu, Sector Map, Join" game list for maps WITHOUT player names in the title, that is, bearing only the name of the map. Such maps have no host (the system is the host), and thus no one has the boot!

Feel free to add me in-game. See my signature for my list of characters. If I don't accept your request (I do screen requests a bit), use the "/tell" command to say "Hey, it's Iron Hand from the forums". That'll get my attention!