A. Starting a new game:
1. log onto your account and select "sector map" select "shipyard".
- You might want to "farm" (the repeated running of a map for a certain goal or objective) experience.
> For this purpose you'll select shipyards biosphere level 2 map.- If you want to farm for items that are worth some credits or you need new gear (armor) for your toon, you are going to select Reactor core also known as SY5 (shipyard level 5)
**Each run has a clean cut purpose. Biosphere for experience. Reactor Core for Gear**
B. How to host on biosphere:
1. After you open your game use the command "/g xp run up"
- Do not be alarmed or become discouraged if every guild member online or even no guild members online show up.
> If that happens invite some players from your friends list. The entire run does not have to be guild specific.
> Your runs will go optimally if you allow everyone to join.
2. The join game system runs on alphabetical order A at the top Z at the bottom it can also be switched to filter games by the level with the higher levels at the top and the lower levels at the bottom.
3. If your IGN starts with a letter that's close at the bottom of the alphabet is likely that people will join other games before they even see yours on the list of games.
- If this is the case i strongly suggest you join someone else's run unless you have friends or guild members you know will join you.
C. If you fail to create a successful biosphere run:
1. Use the join game feature and search "biosphere" now only biosphere runs will appear on your list of games.
- Biosphere runs are not hard to find and you should usually be able to join random games at any point in the day.
2. You'll make tons of friends on biosphere. Particularily by joining runs in progress.
- Use the command "/h" this is used to let you know who is hosting the run you have joined.
- Kindly ask them if they are doing "rmks" (the recreation of a map) and ask if it would be alright if you can join.
> Usually it's fine but if its not not find another run; they are plentiful.- When you get in on a good run add everyone you're running with they will be good friends in the future for when you want to run boss.
> It's always good to have friends outside the guild.
NOTE: Farming experience on shipyard is straight forward you need no specific class or group structure to be successful on biosphere.
- The only goal is to kill all the enemies and harvest the experience.
- Typically you skip the end boss "Von Uber" most people will leave the run you are hosting if you want to kill Von Uber.
People want experience and they want it fast V.U. slows them down.
**I personally advise skipping V.U. for this reason and he has garbage drops. Anything he drops can be found for cheap in the auction hall on the UCS Blackstar.**
D. Repeat Runs with a team:
1. Consistency is gold (try to stick with the same team members for similar style runs)
- If the host of the current run drops (logs off or leaves the run for whatever reason), take the initiative and let your new friends know that you are taking over the remakes.
> They will typically follow you or send you a friend request be sure to accept so that they can join you on your next run.
2. Do not boot your friends. Give preference to guildies over strangers.
3. Kill them all; skip Von Uber; repeat and enjoy.
E. How to Host on Shipyard Reactor core:
1. This is a little more difficult as the composition of your teams structure will highly effect the probability of a successful and death free run.
2. To start your game go to your sector map select "shipyard" then select "create game" and select "shipyard reactor core deck".
F. Preferred Reactor Core Team:
**This is the formula I use and I haven't had a failed run yet, unless I couldn't assemble the necessary group build; In which case i scrapped the run altogether.**
1. Once you have your team assembled you may begin your run.
- I typically lock my game with a password (i don't like to boot random people i don't need.) and invite friends from my friends list i know like to do boss runs.
- If you ran biosphere properly you should have more then enough friends to help you out at this point on top of your guild members.
2. Once the run starts continue through the map until you reach the end boss.
3. You have one commando there for a reason and that's to keep the mysterious figure from destroying your group while you take out the mob spawns.
4.Every member of your team other than the commando should focus on killing the enemy spawn until they no longer spawn then turn your focus to the mysterious figure.
5.The engineer is there to heal and revive a necessity on any given run.
IMPORTANT: if you see any of the enemy run towards the console and attempt to hack it you have to push them away from it or the barrels will explode. If all the barrels explode everyone will die and you have failed the map. **If you have 3 operatives this should never be a problem.**
I hope this information is useful. If you have any questions or additional suggestions let me know and I will edit my post accordingly. TY kahlua for the format