Thread: Stashing COP and SOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Default Stashing COP and SOH

So, I only recently found out that the Vanity Crown of Persistence and Shield of Hallows are unstashable. I guess I missed the message.

So I was thinking, why not have an open discussion about this? I am not sure what the motive is to make these items unstashable. If I have 5 toons, and I get to the level cap with 1 of them, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get to use this vanity item with my other toons.

I understand that my other characters didn't get to the level cap, but these items are MINE. It shouldn't matter which character I got them with. The fact is I earned them fair and square. I should be able to use them how I want. I really don't see the purpose of this.

This is just my opinion. Please weigh in you so desire.

Thanks,

ATL

EDIT: Just want to clarify, I'm not mad and I'm not calling out STS or anything. I just don't really get the logic behind it.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-18-2011 at 03:51 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

My best guess would be early game pvp would get rigged then. At endgame the bonus the persistance set provides is minuscule compared to the bonus gear gives but if those items were to make their way down to early game pvp they would make the user almost unstoppable thus causing mass complaints.

Sorry bud, I know u just want to express your mastery of the game while on your more noobish toons but there would be too many people taking advantage of the massive bonus in pvp.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    My best guess would be early game pvp would get rigged then. At endgame the bonus the persistance set provides is minuscule compared to the bonus gear gives but if those items were to make their way down to early game pvp they would make the user almost unstoppable thus causing mass complaints.

Sorry bud, I know u just want to express your mastery of the game while on your more noobish toons but there would be too many people taking advantage of the massive bonus in pvp.
    But they aren't noobish toons. You still can't equip this gear unless you're at the level requirement. e.g. 56, 61, or 66.

So there is not affect on low level PVP.

Also, in another post, Gluttony made a good point. When I am at lvl 76 for instance, are these items even going to be relevant anymore? Why bother keeping them? If I have multiple toons, some at the appropriate levels, I don't see why they couldn't be used then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Sorry, I thought u meant taking the level restriction off as well. You have a good point, id would have to agree with you, I would also like to know that :/

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

tbh, I would have no problem with making them stashable again as long as they made all vanities in PVP statless and/or unequipped.

Yes, even the 1 Armor ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I mean... think about it this way if we're talking about "accomplishment". I made it all the way from 56-61 with Aedenos and didn't even complete a Glyph Obedience set without buying a piece... let alone craft demonic.

So theoretically, crafting my Demonic Xbow set is a MUCH greater accomplishment IMO than getting to 61. And obviously those items can be stashed still.

So, like I mentioned, I don't understand the motive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    tbh, I would have no problem with making them stashable again as long as they made all vanities in PVP statless and/or unequipped.

Yes, even the 1 Armor ones.
    Even that argument though, I'm not sure I agree with (I can understand for instance the +1 armor because those are purchased plat items). But for the lvl cap gear, the person using them had to have earned them on one of their characters. IMO, they should have the opportunity to use them as they please.

The discussion of PVP bonuses are a whole different conversation I think. I don't really PVP, but I can understand the difficulty with bonuses there.

ATL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I would like to be able to stash them too... I would like to lvl my bear to endgame PvP, BUT it seems useless to me if i cannot use the vanities
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

iirc, the main "exploit" of the vanties were due to people who bought a bunch of uncrafted crowns when they reached level cap and were then able to later trade them in for a vanity (which they distributed across their other high level toons).

thus, they were able to "earn" multiple vanities even though they may have only had one toon reach the level cap in BS.

essentially, this particular problem shouldn't even be an issue going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The idea behind it is that toon X earned the item, so toon Y shouldn't have access unless they also achieved the same feat. The motive behind it is to have you want to get all your toons to the elite cap for their vanity set item, instead of passing the item(s) around so every toon you have can benefit.

I don't agree with the choice, but understand it. There would probably be plenty of players that would be happy to just have one toon complete the task for the items for the account, this is STS' safe guard.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post: